BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton vs Rovers 26th April 3pm

• Backroom

I know but I don't know why it has massive relevance to us other than that we along with loads of teams sometimes use it in a chant

Bizarre

Just seen they sing it a lot at Everton - guess we can predict who is behind this initiative then

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went last season and drank in Greenwich Village. Its a great little area of London, a lot of pubs within a small area, and only 3 train stops (approx 10 mins) from Charlton Station which is right outside the ground. I cant recall there being a great deal around the ground

Greenwich is lovely, I work within a couple of minutes walk of the centre, but if the weather is good it will be heaving on a Saturday at this time of year. Still, if anyone does go there then there are no shortage of pubs and you won't get any trouble in any of them (to be fair I doubt you'd get any trouble if you tried for a drink in Charlton itself, but there you go). Some are a bit pricy though, it's a big tourist area. The indoor market is worth a visit for something to eat.

As for drinking in Charlton I can't really help you with that - it's just a bit to far for me to bother with on a day to day basis.

i think of pernod and black,vodka and train journey home . :(

One of the games where I rememeber alot of very drunken Rovers fans - went a bit mental at the front behind the nets and seem to recall a few Rovers fans fell through the gate at the bottom into the back of the net.

Also the stewards began to get arsey and remember a Rovers fan who must have been an off duty cop as he pulled his warrant card out on him when the steward was trying to eject him.

This should be a comfortable win for Rovers, as Charlton have one of the worst attacks in this league. The game should be like the first sixty minutes away to Birmingham, so it should be interesting to see how Gary Bowyer calls it.

Charlton are poor.

Poor enough to beat Wednesday at Hillsborough. A feat we could not manage

I know but I don't know why it has massive relevance to us other than that we along with loads of teams sometimes use it in a chant

Bizarre

Just seen they sing it a lot at Everton - guess we can predict who is behind this initiative then

Been sung at games alot recently, in particular away.

Will be having a drink at London Bridge probably the Old Kings Head, then train straight to Charlton (15 mins) where the Antigallican or the Rose of Denmark are ale houses that you can frequent.

The Antigallician is a great pub. Was in there on the day of Brad's goal.

Charlton just brings back memories of 1 day for me. 1987 and all that.

Bizarre

I don't think Alan Myers has infiltrated the away support and got everyone singing "blackburn rovers fc.... effin hate Burnley....allez allez allez ohhhh" ;)

Like I said on twitter its been going for quite a while at away games, one of the few songs which tends to keep going at the moment.

I don't think Alan Myers has infiltrated the away support and got everyone singing "blackburn rovers fc.... effin hate Burnley....allez allez allez ohhhh" ;)

Like I said on twitter its been going for quite a while at away games, one of the few songs which tends to keep going at the moment.

It probably says loads about me, but I love that song. On the day of the Dingles home game I was amused to see people of all ages singing along it as they queued up for the toilets!

It probably says loads about me, but I love that song. On the day of the Dingles home game I was amused to see people of all ages singing along it as they queued up for the toilets!

It's easily adaptable for my little cousins too - "blackburn rovers fc, we *really* hate burnley" :)

• Backroom

I didn't mean be got them singing it you dork!

Just seems an odd thing to put on a scarf

• Backroom

6 points is now essential so we have to go all out

I think that actual suits us and takes away the managers caution

Changing my prediction to 3-0 rovers

One of the games where I rememeber alot of very drunken Rovers fans - went a bit mental at the front behind the nets and seem to recall a few Rovers fans fell through the gate at the bottom into the back of the net.

Also the stewards began to get arsey and remember a Rovers fan who must have been an off duty cop as he pulled his warrant card out on him when the steward was trying to eject him.

I actually somehow remember bits of that

Charlton away was also the night I tore all my ligaments off the bone and tendons , I also broke my arm and wrist when I punched the wall at home after Brad scored and then them . Two days before I flew to Phoenix watching the broncos.

I actually somehow remember bits of that

Charlton away was also the night I tore all my ligaments off the bone and tendons , I also broke my arm and wrist when I punched the wall at home after Brad scored and then them . Two days before I flew to Phoenix watching the broncos.

I think you need to go on some kind of anger management course Abbey :P:tu:

Archived