[Archived] Charlton vs Rovers 26th April 3pm

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Hope the folk travelling down have a great last away day of the season

The away support has been truly superb this season and done the club proud

I actually somehow remember bits of that

Charlton away was also the night I tore all my ligaments off the bone and tendons , I also broke my arm and wrist when I punched the wall at home after Brad scored and then them . Two days before I flew to Phoenix watching the broncos.

I will always remember the freezing cold day and the dramatic mood changes in the last couple of minutes.

When Brad equalised, this complete stranger grabbed hold of me and we danced down the aisles in celebration. It soon became clear to me that my dancing partner had some kind of learning difficulty. Anyway, seconds later when Charlton won it with that free kick, I think it all combined to make probably my most surreal minutes, as a Rovers fan. RTID!

Lets not forget that today Charlton are a poor side, more league one standard, than championship. So there shouldn't be too many difficulties today.

That's now how following Rovers works.

Adopts 'Big Brother Geordie accent'...

Saturday, eleven fifty- three:

JAL gets up early to lay the groundwork for his planned tirade following his expected Rovers' defeat later that day...

• Backroom

JAL gets up early to lay the groundwork for his planned tirade following his expected Rovers' defeat later that day...

And ABBEY's walking round in little hotpants and a bra :P

Lets not forget that today Charlton are a poor side, more league one standard, than championship. So there shouldn't be too many difficulties today.

Don't forget they did beat Yeovil 3-2 not long ago so that makes them brilliant using stability logic

Come on Stuart look at their form and with Rovers needing to win.

I think a point will be a great achievement today. Charlton are a good side that have been in the top tier and will be fighting for their lives, also they're from the Capital City of England.

Hopefully the teams below us will lose and we can consolidate the magical tenth place, that's 10th place, that we've been aspiring for all season.

Its not beyond all realms of probability, that we will be in with a shout on the final day. We need a win today. Ipswich already one down, I really do not fancy Reading at Doncaster, or Forest at Bournemouth. We may blow it again ourselves but if we do manage a win, who knows?

• Backroom

@OneRovers: ROVERS: Robinson; Keane, Hanley ©, Kilgallon, Olsson; King, Cairney, Evans, Conway; Gestede, Rhodes.

Time for the fabled Cairney and Evans partnership

ROVERS: Robinson; Keane, Hanley ©, Kilgallon, Olsson; King, Cairney, Evans, Conway; Gestede, Rhodes.

With the exception of Olsson... That's a team a lot of Rovers fans have been waiting to see. Looking forward to seeing how this works.

Archived