BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yaya Toure

I see he is complaining that his teamamtes are not showing him enough respect on his birthday.

Well what a joke of an ego that guy has. Sounds just like the local Moss Side gangster rap to me. Perhaps he should spend a few days there trying to scratch a living around the streets of Hulme in the real world. He would soon find out how big his ego is then.

Absolute wealth destroys absolutley.

Apparently he will be giving his answer after the world cup. As if we await in anticipation for the great one to speak.

Tom Finney died this year. No comparison as people.

I reckon it's a deliberate PR plant by City to counter all the coverage that United are getting about Van Gaal's appointment and Giggs' retirement.

The lot is too insane to be true. But it's given City all the headlines for much of today...

It's his agent. He did the same when they won in 2012. Yaya was "unhappy" then as well untill City started negotiations about a new, improved, contract.

Agents really is the STDs of the football world.

He might be lower than a snake in a cart track but his agent has done a good job for him up to now. Strike whilst the iron is hot must be a popular saying on the Ivory Coast too. No good asking for more money when he's been playing sh1t is it? Far better when he's been playing out of his skin (coincidence or not? :glare: ), the World Cup transfer trough fest will be coming up in July and the euphoria of winning the Prem has not yet abated.

I think it's awesome. Completely puts Man City in their place and reconfirms exactly why they've got all these improbably good players and how committed they are to the club.

"When it was Roberto Carlos's birthday, *his* sugar daddy bought him a Bugatti..." (sulk, sulk, sulk)

Did you see the video of the air hostesses bringing round the poxy cake and singing happy birthday on the plane? Blue icing. They present it to Samir Nasri by mistake, he waves them dismissively towards Toure, who doesn't even acknowledge it.

To me it just reaffirms that the beautiful game is spoiled by horrible individuals. It's the norm, now.

!

It's everything that's wrong with the game, I couldn't agree more.

I'd like to think people are being turned off by the greed that exists in 95% of modern day footballers, but the attendances figures simply don't back that theory up sadly.

To me it just reaffirms that the beautiful game is spoiled by horrible individuals. It's the norm, now.

Toure, playing for the Premier League champions, the best league in the world. People would happily lose a few limbs to be in his position, not that they'd be much good in it after losing said limbs!

Yeah, but it's not really the best league in the world, is it? Third best in Europe, at a push.

It's just the league where bang average players can pick up ridiculous salaries, but most of the very best don't play here and never have.

In terms of sole quality of being at a match as a fan, I believe it is. I don't think you get those electric matches, game paces or atmospheres elsewhere.

Hmm, I'm not too sure that's the case either. Sitting down in a half-empty corporate-sponsored stand watching a bunch of second-rate international cloggers chasing the ball around isn't so great. The thrill of Aston Villa versus Norwich on a Monday night...

There are exciting matches and upsets in every league, too. People go on about Germany being a great league to watch, and very popular. Only a handful of clubs play in full stadiums in this country.

Anyway, all the City fans should club together and get Toure a Lamborghini, show him how much he means to them.

Personally I'd just bin him off as soon as I could and sue his arse over breach of contract if he carries on whining. It's time test case was fought over such. These buggers aren't employees they are a business in their own right. Why are these contracts so one sided? A win for City and massive damages levied against Toure would be a victory for commonsense and would be a shot in the arm for all of football .

However 'a fool and his money are soon parted' and I've a feeling we'll see a few arab fools parted from their money with this. He'll be after a megabucks and long contract despite him being 32 next time. Man Utd were stupid to give Rooney such a long deal this is just a carbon copy. Mark my words there'll be a few equally as good and 10 years younger who would walk a mile over broken glass for a contract like he has now strutting their stuff in Brazil next month.

No player of that stature genuinely wants to play for the likes of Man City, so they might as well screw as much money as they can out of the club. Toure was playing for Barcelona and he's the best midfielder in the Premier League by a country mile. Now he's at a former lower-league yo-yo club, staying purely for the money - like every one of his teammates.

Remember this from Didier Drogba?

"I was disgusted. I realised that signing for Chelsea was disgusting ... I was praying they would find a problem with my knee, or a problem with anything so the move would collapse."

A few years - and a few contract extensions - later, and he's Mr Chelsea, Mr Badge-Kissing-Love-This-Club-Mourinho's-My-Dad.

That's all it takes to buy loyalty, and the fans are too stupid to see it for what it is. Now Toure says he'll consider staying if he can have a role at the club after he retires, by which point he'll be regarded as a true Man City Legend.

Archived