BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pune Meeting update in the today's LT

Alan Myers has talked to the LT this morning about the meting between the Owners and Bowyer. The owners are committed to the club and they were very happy with last season progress. also like the young squad that Bowyer has built and Bowyer has full control of footballing matters and talked to the owners privately about his transfer plans.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Myers has talked to the LT this morning about the meting between the Owners and Bowyer. The owners are committed to the owners and they were very happy with last season progress. also like the young squad that Bowyer has built and Bowyer has full control of footballing matters and talked to the owners privately about his transfer plans.

The whitewash we expected then

FFS give the lad a break!! It's obviously a typo. As if none of you lot ever do the same. What does 'going on' mean abs ;)

I had no idea it was a typo.

Ricky the Hemel mk2.

"Going On" ..sarcasm wasted .

• Backroom

Sounds like exactly what we expected to hear to be fair.

I reckon I could make a good director of communications!

Wash out your mouth with soap abbey! Ricky is nothing nothing like that plonker. HR would have banned you straight off with a snidey pm and then conveniently forgotten to reinstate your posting privelidges. I might be wrong but my impression is that he is a nasty piece of work and a keyboard warrior to boot. No idea who appointed him and even less idea why.

I just wanted to give Rovers fans the news that is in the local paper who those arent local.

Well post it then :D

Nothing to see here other than hollow platitudes.

Blowing smoke up each others arses as I expected.

Move along ;)

• Moderation Lead

Surprised Myers hasn't tried arranging another prestige friendly against his beloved Everton......

I'm not exactly sure what folk are expecting from this piece in the LT, but it will be lip service at best. As ever with these Indian sh1thouses and their representatives, actions speak louder than words.....

Sadly though KH some of our fans lap it up.

I personally would rather see that kind of story as opposed to the "we are confused". Call it lapping it up if you want.

Truth is, the @#/? could really hit the fan again. Least this story doesn't lend itself to that. If he'd come back with Shebby or a "warchest" then I'd be more worried.

So no need to be negative. Unless you can't help it like abs and Shaun.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/11226039.Ewood_chief_hails_positive_meeting_with_Venky_s/?ref=mac

The BIG news is that Venkys have given the go ahead for £300k worth of work to the pitches.

In days gone by this work was just carried out as routine maintenence but under these set of sh*ts it's something to be trumpeted as fake PR

Thanks Chaddy, and Give it a break lads!! YES we know that Venkys have been crap owners...Steve Kean, Shebby Singh and player sales.

But the FACT is that WITHOUT their continued financial support of which they will likely never get back the we are Pompy, we're Rangers or any number of teams that barely exist anymore!

The only people who are brainwashed are those of us who cannot see that without their backing we are doomed And NO ONE has the cash to prevent it!

I despise what the Venkys have done to my club but they are now a necessary evil.

Thanks Chaddy, and Give it a break lads!! YES we know that Venkys have been crap owners...Steve Kean, Shebby Singh and player sales.

But the FACT is that WITHOUT their continued financial support of which they will likely never get back the we are Pompy, we're Rangers or any number of teams that barely exist anymore!

The only people who are brainwashed are those of us who cannot see that without their backing we are doomed And NO ONE has the cash to prevent it!

I despise what the Venkys have done to my club but they are now a necessary evil.

Don't be crying on here then when they do leave and pieces need picking up .

Don't be crying on here then when they do leave and pieces need picking up .

You'll be ecstatic on that day! Whilst rovers burn, Abbey parties the night away because VENKYSCUM have left!

Haha, jokes aside tho Mani hits the nail on'th head. Don't forget what the Raos caused, but don't forget the hole was dug by criminals dressed as sports professionals.

As predicted we get the bare minimum breakdown of what went on, with our director of communications basically repeating what has been said after every meeting since they owned the club.

If it really is a case of business as usual and they are quite happy to carry on ploughing money in for at least another year then fair do's to them, I think its the best situation we can hope for and gives us our best chance of promotion if progress continues to be made.

I will await what Bowyer has to say about his discussions before jumping to any conclusions.

The article in the Telegraph today is very odd. The first half being Myers comments about the meetings, which amount to about four sentences which tell us very little other than the owners are 'committed' to getting the club promoted and that it will be Bowyer talking about the football side of the club.

It then moves on to an interview with Steve Patrick which sounds suspiciously similar to an interview he gave some months ago which praised the owners for their financial support etc.

Whilst £300,000 is obviously a good chunk of money and it is good Venkys are giving it to the ground-staff, I think a dose of realism is needed. When you divide it up between eight pitches and include a sprinkler system it probably doesn't represent a huge investment for a club with Category 1 academy status. Not trying to sound ungrateful mind you, long may it continue if it makes the head groundsman so happy.

Im not bothered about what went on over in India. If they give Bowyer funds to buy the players he needs and keep quiet then so be it. It worked last season so why cant it work next season. I feel a lot of people on here want to know what colour underwear they had on in that meeting. Leave them to it I say and lets just support the team, manager and coaching staff.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/11226039.Ewood_chief_hails_positive_meeting_with_Venky_s/?ref=macThe BIG news is that Venkys have given the go ahead for £300k worth of work to the pitches.In days gone by this work was just carried out as routine maintenence but under these set of sh*ts it's something to be trumpeted as fake PR

Breaking news-----"Owners agree to white lines being painted on pitch."

Rangers barely exist anymore? Now here's me thinking they've walked their League for 2 years in row. As for Pompey, flourishing under local trust ownership, read the article I posted recently----bigger crowds than ours by the way.

You have no idea what you are talking about and that goes for the "Venkys necessary evil" bit as well.

Archived