BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I had him above Jack Vale and Harry Leonard but he has never been give sniff with the first team. He isn't dissimilar to Adam Armstrong in physique and has similar attributes.

I'd even be tempted to put him in the shop widow, by playing Burns against Luton.

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Yeah, strange one Burns, he's 20, scoring goals, we've no fit strikers and we need to win games. Him and Leonard should be in the squad for the next 2 games. 

Maybe Burns just isn't very good at senior level. You'd presume he's trained with the first team and maybe just isn't up to it.

He was on loan last season at Scunthorpe - admittedly a poor side - but made little impression.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Strange that lad never seems to have been given a sniff of a chance. Surely, he’s better that what we have at the moment, after all he is a centre forward.

Very decent honest player but based on the few games I have seen online I wasn't surprised by the Rovers decision not to extend.

Look at Vale and Leonard who have consistently scored a goal a game at under 21 and I wouldn't select Sam ahead of either of them.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Very decent honest player but based on the few games I have seen online I wasn't surprised by the Rovers decision not to extend.

Look at Vale and Leonard who have consistently scored a goal a game at under 21 and I wouldn't select Sam ahead of either of them.

Having seen them all,(live). I would pick Burns before Vale or Leonard. Maybe the Rovers are thinking the latter two may improve more, in the future.

Edited by rigger

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Vale is 22 and will need to improve a lot, quick, to make it here.

I presume he’ll be loaned out next season and we’ve seen the last of him in a Rovers shirt. 

Vale is not a championship level player, time will tell.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Substitute "JRC" for "Vale" and that comment could have been on here this time last year - and probably was.

I could see a bit of something in JRC between all the injuries. Vale, I struggle with. Having said I was looking at the lad Bradshaw’s playing history. Not exactly stellar as a young player. Same goes for Jerry Yates at Blackpool.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I could see a bit of something in JRC between all the injuries. Vale, I struggle with. Having said I was looking at the lad Bradshaw’s playing history. Not exactly stellar as a young player. Same goes for Jerry Yates at Blackpool.

I think with Vale that the management might be impressed with his finishing. He has scored a lot at Under 21 level for us and for Wales, and the goals he scored in the Cups against West Ham and Norwich were what I would describe as assured finishes. It may be that in training that finishing ability really comes over.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I think with Vale that the management might be impressed with his finishing. He has scored a lot at Under 21 level for us and for Wales, and the goals he scored in the Cups against West Ham and Norwich were what I would describe as assured finishes. It may be that in training that finishing ability really comes over.

I think it was Vale that came out before Christmas and said that all the strikers were essentially re-learning their position because of the demands JDT placed on them. Like you, I think Vale looks a good finisher. It's just he looks a yard off the pace all the time. Maybe that's confidence and/or fitness and something a good pre-season can sort out. 

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Substitute "JRC" for "Vale" and that comment could have been on here this time last year - and probably was.

Let's just keep every player around then regardless of how they play, in case they go all JRC or BBD.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Let's just keep every player around then regardless of how they play, in case they go all JRC or BBD.

Er no - but if players are kept on by management despite people here not rating them, maybe worth bearing in mind that they are maybe  showing something which makes keeping them on to the age of 23 or so worthwhile.

18 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Er no - but if players are kept on by management despite people here not rating them, maybe worth bearing in mind that they are maybe  showing something which makes keeping them on to the age of 23 or so worthwhile.

For every JRC there's a Jason Lowe and an Adam Henley. Sometimes management are right, sometimes they're horribly wrong. JRC looked short of fitness, BB looked short of confidence. Vale looks short of giving a shit.

I can see Vale going the way of another Rovers Welsh striker, James Thomas, in needing to drop down the leagues and get experience to flourish.

Clearly, the jump up is not easy - see Connor McBride and Joe Nuttall. 

We received a transfer fee for Nuttall, so if Vale was to score a few on loan but not do enough to turn things around, might be a chance for the club to recoup a fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Vale plays like he can't be bothered most of the time - I've never seen another player (apart from Butterworth maybe) who looks so disinterested. That's an attitude problem

• Like 1

On 28/04/2023 at 22:01, Tugayisgod said:

Seems Palace only put their wins on their YT channel.

Shame, that. I'm not signing up to watch anything. 

• Like 2

So the Premier League Cup final v Brentford has been confirmed as taking place at their ground on Tuesday 9th May, 7:45pm kick off

Annoying for a few reasons. One is that we seem to have agreed to surrender any home advantage by playing a 1 legged final at their ground - in the past these have been 2 legged finals.

It is also annoying that it comes the day after our trip to Millwall, making it a nightmare to get to and it will be hard to get a train back from there at night.

I'd have liked to have gone to the final and also to Brentford's new ground but seems Rovers are happy to just go with the flow.