BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Another defeat for our youngsters who in many ways were the architects of their own downfall. Too many unenforced errors gave PSV plenty of chances although I didn't really think they were much better than us. I thought Batty looked better in a midfield role and had some good moments alongside some others who were decent. Unfortunately these were outnumbered by players who never got anywhere near their normal standards. In mitigation we fielded a really young team and hopefully the younger ones in the group will have learnt something by playing against better players than they are used to.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Another defeat for our youngsters who in many ways were the architects of their own downfall. Too many unenforced errors gave PSV plenty of chances although I didn't really think they were much better than us. I thought Batty looked better in a midfield role and had some good moments alongside some others who were decent. Unfortunately these were outnumbered by players who never got anywhere near their normal standards. In mitigation we fielded a really young team and hopefully the younger ones in the group will have learnt something by playing against better players than they are used to.

I my opinion, PSV looked far better than the Rovers. I thought Batty looked lost in midfield. Battys main asset is his speed, so he was played in a position were that asset  is of the least use. The number of misplaced passes throughout the entire side was not acceptable. What the fuck are the short corners about. Usually the odd corner is played short to catch the defenders of guard, or to draw two defenders out of the box. With doing the same short routine every time. PSV did not even send out two players, to stop the two V one situation, as they knew what was going to happen. Marking at the back was slack to say the least.

Edited by rigger

No Eastham, Haddow or Cirino? Stricter age rules or injuries? Saadi has gone out on loan to Marine and had hardly played this campaign. Was he sidelined because he had no future at the club or was he also injured? It seems the youngsters need all the help they can get. New recruits wouldn't go amiss.

We're conceding a lot at this level with Atcheson and Gamble in defence and they are Rovers' back up first teamers, which is a concern.

Edited by riverholmes

Not seen the U21s yet this season and i know they've had a few tough fixtures but they seem to be shipping a lot of goals this season.

Are they now playing the same way as the first team ?

Is this leading to being wide open at the back and creating our own problems needlessly at times in order to 'be brave on the ball' and is this impacting results this season.  Or is it more down to being short of quality because most have stepped into the first team squad and there is now a void at that level ?

35 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

No Eastham, Haddow or Cirino? Stricter age rules or injuries? Saadi has gone out on loan to Marine and had hardly played this campaign. Was he sidelined because he had no future at the club or was he also injured? It seems the youngsters need all the help they can get. New recruits wouldn't go amiss.

We're conceding a lot at this level with Atcheson and Gamble in defence and they are Rovers' back up first teamers, which is a concern.

Cirino hasn't played this season to the best of my knowledge. I wouldn't last the concession of so many goals at the door of the centre halves to be fair. Mistakes and carelessness all over the pitch have put us on the back foot far too many times. Atcheson is only 17 and strictly speaking should still be with the under 18's and he didn't play last night. Last night we had a 15, 16 and two 17 year olds playing so patience is required. I'm not certain of the ages of some of the others but it wouldn't surprise me if a few more were of a similar age.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Think our best players so far have been Edmondson, Tyjon and Bloxham. Bloxham has tidy feet, although he is sometimes a little over keen to show them off.

Commentator just said again that Tyjon is 15, everything online seems to say 16 back in June though. Either way, at that age he could be one to watch, but especially if he's only 15.

The trouble is, if Tyjon shows that he’s a real talent he’ll be snapped up by a premier league team for peanuts before he can sign a pro contract. 

Edited by roversinmyblood

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

None of the four you mentioned on your first line are good enough for the Rovers first team. I would rate Pratt above both Atcheson and Gamble, unfortunately Pratt is injured, he is also more of an old-fashioned center-half, rather than a ball playing one. I don't know if Pratt would fall into JDTs playing out from the back system.

38 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

The trouble is, if Tyjon shows that he’s a real talent he’ll be snapped up by a premier league team for peanuts before he can sign a pro contract. 

If Tyjon can't improve his speed, I doubt if a premier league team will come calling.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

If Tyjon can't improve his speed, I doubt if a premier league team will come calling.

Bit harsh to say because a lad at 15 , on first viewing seems to lack a bit of pace that he won't make it. Having looked at his goal again last night when he flicked the ball on, the defenders started to catch him only as he steadied himself to shoot. Plenty of strikers can make it without having pace (Sheringham for one) . Dack was never blessed with pace.

I think the lad has definitely got something 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Not seen the U21s yet this season and i know they've had a few tough fixtures but they seem to be shipping a lot of goals this season.

Are they now playing the same way as the first team ?

Is this leading to being wide open at the back and creating our own problems needlessly at times in order to 'be brave on the ball' and is this impacting results this season.  Or is it more down to being short of quality because most have stepped into the first team squad and there is now a void at that level ?

Most of last seasons U23s, have not stepped up to the first team. Some are on the nine man subs bench, but most have either been loaned out or have been let go because they were never going to make the first 11. This opens up opertunities for the even younger player to have a go. Most of them will not make it either, but that is the nature of the beast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

Bit harsh to say because a lad at 15 , on first viewing seems to lack a bit of pace that he won't make it. Having looked at his goal again last night when he flicked the ball on, the defenders started to catch him only as he steadied himself to shoot. Plenty of strikers can make it without having pace (Sheringham for one) . Dack was never blessed with pace.

I think the lad has definitely got something 

I have never said he won't make it. I said premier league teams will not come in for him if he doesn't have pace. You quote the move for his goal. Did you see the one in the second half where he did exactly the same to his marker. He was easily caught before getting near to having a shot. By the way, what other players have done in their careers, has no bearing what-so-ever on how another player will turn out.

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have never said he won't make it. I said premier league teams will not come in for him if he doesn't have pace. You quote the move for his goal. Did you see the one in the second half where he did exactly the same to his marker. He was easily caught before getting near to having a shot. By the way, what other players have done in their careers, has no bearing what-so-ever on how another player will turn out.

All I'm saying is give me a strikers "nouse" over simply being quick any day of the week

He showed great awareness of where the defenders were to flick that ball on to himself.

That you can't teach. At 15 he is only going to get bigger and stronger

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

All I'm saying is give me a strikers "nouse" over simply being quick any day of the week

He showed great awareness of where the defenders were to flick that ball on to himself.

yes you can.

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

You can be both, they are not mutually exclusive.

7 minutes ago, unsall said:

Premier clubs well aware of his talent, and for some reason he chose Rovers in the summer 

Presumably because he knows his chances of progressing through the ranks are better at Rovers than premier League clubs. Our reputation for giving young players a chance has to have helped

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

yes you can. 

If you say so 👍 You seem hell bent on dismissing a 15 year old lad playing his first game in a much older age group because, according ,to you he's not quick enough, when everybody else seems to have been really impressed with him 

Knock yourself out if that's your philosophy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

If you say so 👍 You seem hell bent on dismissing a 15 year old lad playing his first game in a much older age group because, according ,to you he's not quick enough, when everybody else seems to have been really impressed with him 

Knock yourself out if that's your philosophy 

I have not dismissed the player, what I have said is that he will find it more difficult to impress at the top level, without pace. I am only commenting about what I have seen. It is not a philosophy, it is realism.

I think the most impressive thing about Tyjon is he has gone from being 16 in the summer, to being 15 now! As long as he's in control of that and it isn't some sort of Benjamin Button situation, he can have a career for as long as he wants...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think the most impressive thing about Tyjon is he has gone from being 16 in the summer, to being 15 now! As long as he's in control of that and it isn't some sort of Benjamin Button situation, he can have a career for as long as he wants...

He'd probably be able to sell his own piss.