BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

Rolled together with the compulsory £8 coach fee it brings it up to £36. How much did they have to pay at Ewood?

I can't understand why independent coaches are not allowed to make their own way to the game. Burnley's independent supporters coaches were able to set off and arrive whenever they wanted at Ewood and were able to charge whatever prices they wanted. Why are we being treated differently?

Burnley's official coaches also ran pick-ups from Whitebirk, so those people only had to endure a 20 minute journey down to Ewood Park, whereas those getting the coach from Ewood to Burnley will be facing the usual hour plus with stops.

Burnley supporters were also able to access hospitality areas and those people were able to travel to Ewood by car.

Someone should make an official complaint. Definite discrimination going on there.

Id like to chuck my cap in for a spare ticket if one transpires. Not got a season ticket, so no hope through the ticket office. Die hards first, obviously, but keep me in mind :tu:

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing is Tom is that we will still give them the whole of the DE next season (if we're still in the same league)

when we went to MiltonKeynes, they putus up in the second tier to negate our support... do we do the same to visiting teams? All we do is wring our hands and say 'there's nothing we can do' and allow away teams to have an advantage over us

I remember in 2009/2010 we originally planned to give them the whole Darwen End, but under pressure from Rovers fans (quite well organised pressure, I think) the club relented and ended up giving them the 3,000 allocation.

If it’s anything like the last derby there in their promotion season, the home end will look even more empty – last time there were a good 3,000-4,000 empty seats in the 3 other stands and that was with us having the full Cricket Field.

I remember in 2009/2010 we originally planned to give them the whole Darwen End, but under pressure from Rovers fans (quite well organised pressure, I think) the club relented and ended up giving them the 3,000 allocation.

If it’s anything like the last derby there in their promotion season, the home end will look even more empty – last time there were a good 3,000-4,000 empty seats in the 3 other stands and that was with us having the full Cricket Field.

Correct but selective memory syndrome will be in full flow over that side of Pendle Hill again. We only had about 2600 but there was no way more than 10k in the home stands. You could have fit nearly them all in the one side opposite the Bob Lord stand which was over half empty.

Correct but selective memory syndrome will be in full flow over that side of Pendle Hill again. We only had about 2600 but there was no way more than 10k in the home stands. You could have fit nearly them all in the one side opposite the Bob Lord stand which was over half empty.

Think the official attendance was given as something like 14-15k but there was definitely a lot of empty seats.

Maybe their good form will mean more Burnley fans in attendance in this time, but the Burnley support myth they have peddled for years has been smashed to bits in our recent meetings. For all the talk of their loyal and vociferous following, I am usually quite disappointed by them. Ewood Park this year was a case in point - until Arfield scored it was very muted in the Darwen End.

They've traded on myth forever and a day, it's what they do best. It's probably nowhere near as bad now as it used to be but that's because the past 16 yrs has as you say seen it smashed to bits regularly. They're just an ordinary set of fans but perhaps a bit more insular and territorial than us but that's just down to interbreeding :D

Burnley will sell out as they still haven't beaten us at home for donkey's years and will see this as a gimme.

If rovers sell out easily then we can bitch about the allocation but if we don't, and I doubt we will, then the allocation from Burnley is probably right.

Its Burnleys prerogative to sell as many tickets as they can to their own fans. If it where the other way we wouldn't want Rovers fans unable to attend because dingles where in there, would we?

If they don't sell out, then it's their own problem really. Any club in a derby game when they are vying for promotion should get 20k of their own fans easily.

As for the away travel £8 is steep, but you have to think of the danger money for the coach drivers, after 2 hours in them thar hills they may start growing the extra digits.

Not sure Ill bother going for a 8 hour round trip to a place 30 minutes away from my house, when I can watch it in my lounge.

It has Dingles at work said away fans have up to the tunnel and a space between home fans. So could be some fun on the day.

The Burnley side holds around 1,500 but the police are only allowing current Cricket Field Stand season ticket holders in the stand for the derby game, that's around half the capacity but it frees up seats in the other areas for sale instead of moving them.

Blackburn Rovers..the club that likes to give.

We give then 6,000 and move season ticket holders to other stands,Burnley say fook 'em were not moving our season ticket holders and give us under 3,000.

Have to admit I like their style.

Allocation has been 4,000 in 2013, 4,500 in 2014 and 4,800 this season.

I'm sure if Rovers form was stronger and the police were expecting them to sell out the CFS then they would have forced Burnley to allocate the full stand, as it is that is not the case so i think nobody can blame either Burnley or the police, i think the blame lies firmly at the door of the playing squad and management of Blackburn Rovers.

Blackburn Rovers..the club that likes to give.

We give then 6,000 and move season ticket holders to other stands,Burnley say fook 'em were not moving our season ticket holders and give us under 3,000.

Have to admit I like their style.

We couldn't sell the away seats to home fans as there wasn't the demand. This time they probably can.

If we were getting 20,000+ home fans I'd agree with you. But we aren't.

Allocation has been 4,000 in 2013, 4,500 in 2014 and 4,800 this season.

I'm sure if Rovers form was stronger and the police were expecting them to sell out the CFS then they would have forced Burnley to allocate the full stand, as it is that is not the case so i think nobody can blame either Burnley or the police, i think the blame lies firmly at the door of the playing squad and management of Blackburn Rovers.

Never underestimate the presence of the 'bubble' severely restricting people being bothered with this. Yes form still plays a big part and if we we were doing better then more would put up with the rollocks. What Bumley bring to Ewood is irrelevant because all recent visits they've been doing well. They had the option of more a few years ago but didn't take them up, they did the past two visits.

Besides for them once they've put up with the bus journey nonsense it'll be a reasonably painless experience once inside the clean well equipped spacious Darwen End which can cater for 7.5k. Being rammed into their ill equipped hole is both an awful and dangerous few hours when there is a big following. It totally contradicts the so called safety concerns which enforce the bubble.

Regardless of form if the same applied to this as Preston/Bolton we'd take 6 or 7k there no danger if it was available and they'd bring same to us.

Never underestimate the presence of the 'bubble' severely restricting people being bothered with this. Yes form still plays a big part and if we we were doing better then more would put up with the rollocks. What Bumley bring to Ewood is irrelevant because all recent visits they've been doing well. They had the option of more a few years ago but didn't take them up, they did the past two visits.

Besides for them once they've put up with the bus journey nonsense it'll be a reasonably painless experience once inside the clean well equipped spacious Darwen End which can cater for 7.5k. Being rammed into their ill equipped hole is both an awful and dangerous few hours when there is a big following. It totally contradicts the so called safety concerns which enforce the bubble.

Regardless of form if the same applied to this as Preston/Bolton we'd take 6 or 7k there no danger if it was available and they'd bring same to us.

That is my point, it's not about followings and who's the biggest club, it's about people putting up with more aggro if their team is playing well, Blackburn are in a far worse place form wise than 2013 when just over 2,600 wanted to put up with all the crap that goes with these games rather than stay at the pub/home and watch the game there.

I think Burnley and the Police have made a good call regarding the allocation on this occasion, PNE without all the crap only just managed to sell out two days prior to the game and they will also bring 5,000+ to Ewood, mainly due to the time that has passed since the last visit.

Some of the comments above have made me smile, talk of Premier League hangers on and home crowds being nothing like the attendance given, that is true but the same could be said of Blackburn, there have been pictures on Facebook/Twitter showing Rovers games this season where the attendance is nothing like the 13,000 given officially, some Rovers fans on social media saying there were far less than 10,000 home fans on some Tuesday night games.

Like i said the case has been the same at Burnley at times over the past fifteen years and it comes with the territory and apathy that can engulf a club, season ticket sales drive average attendances, they are very good at Burnley at the moment and being eroded at Ewood, if both clubs stay long term in the Championship without promotion chasing seasons the crowds will bottom out at 10-12,000 and make sustaining that level of football very difficult without parachute payments, a club like Huddersfield with similar crowds are constantly fighting to keep their head above the trap door.

Not sure why my point about 'hangers on' would make you laugh.

That's just what happens and isn't a dig at/unique to Burnley.

Prior going up, Burnley were exactly in the league to where they are now and were getting 11000 crowds every week, they went up, sold a shed load more STs, came back down and held on to some of them- that 11000 is now 15000.

Ergo, it will be easier to sell out their ground and they don't need to give us the full end.

We took over 5,000 to Preston,4,000 to Bolton.

True. I went to the Preston game, but the difference is being able to freely have a few pints before the match and have a proper local away matchday experience. I've done the Burnley aways a few times now. The matchday experience is killed and I can understand why some won't do it. Everyone draws their own lines.

I didn't fancy it earlier in the season, but starting to warm to the idea of going again. We need to beat these filthy cretins and give them a black mark on their season before they beggar off.

I'd drawn a line after last time which in truth wasn't as bad as the time I went before. That was simply down to there not being as many there and having the whole concourse but this time it'll be rammed again because it's segregated. However the juices are flowing again because we really are the underdogs in every form now and that stirs the passion.

The unbeaten run has gone so no nervous tension trying to hang on to that, we expect to get beat so nothing to lose. All pressure on them now plus it's looking like Lambert is putting together a team of battlers.

We took over 5,000 to Preston,4,000 to Bolton.

I was at both but , as Phil says, going for a day out watching football is different than being herded around like livestock which is what Burnley has become.

Archived