SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the line they slipped in about it being a Blackburn fan that tickled me

I knew I liked him. Champions League winner that lad. Cursed Burnley knees for years.

Needs to work on his marketing though, i cant see "Kev the witch" working on a global scale.

Better than the witch we have running the show at Ewood.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a Monday night skysports 1 game on at the moment. Prime time!

I guess everyone is watching on Sky as the atmosphere sounds a bit toilet cubicle like.

I guess we should be hoping for a draw in this one considering our play-off push is now well and truly on.

Dyche exudes confidence and positivity and it's reflected in the players as seen in Duffy's post match interview.

They are a tough, highly motivated and organised unit who I think will go straight up.

What a difference a first rate manager makes.

Burnley players fit as butchers dogs, chase everything down, two qualities lacking in Ewood setup.

Lack of quality can be overcome by fitness and determination, will to succeed, all required.

That has been a Dyche trademark since he went there. They are really well organised defensively but miss Ings for a bit of class. I think they will make the play-offs.

That has been a Dyche trademark since he went there. They are really well organised defensively but miss Ings for a bit of class. I think they will make the play-offs.

He certainly knows how to set up his team to be difficult to beat and grind out results. If our gaffer showed signs of acquiring those skills it would be very heartening.

Burnley players fit as butchers dogs, chase everything down, two qualities lacking in Ewood setup.

Lack of quality can be overcome by fitness and determination, will to succeed, all required.

Funnily enough I thought the same, but it was Derby that caught my eye in this regard. Particularly for the first 20-25 minutes of the second half. They were very sharp.

I didn't see anything from the Dingles to be too worried about though, in all honesty.

He certainly knows how to set up his team to be difficult to beat and grind out results. If our gaffer showed signs of acquiring those skills it would be very heartening.

I know what you mean Chris, but I can guarantee you if we had played like that last night there would be folk on here now saying "We could have let 3 goals in tonight" (which Burnley could have).

Mee in particular looks a liability and Lawrence could be key for us in the derby match.

I think they'll be in the mix for the play offs Tony, but they don't look that great to me. Derby lacked confidence. I saw two or three weaknesses in Burnley's set-up that we have the players to exploit if deployed correctly (I know its a massive if!!)

Funnily enough I thought the same, but it was Derby that caught my eye in this regard. Particularly for the first 20-25 minutes of the second half. They were very sharp.

I didn't see anything from the Dingles to be too worried about though, in all honesty.

I know what you mean Chris, but I can guarantee you if we had played like that last night there would be folk on here now saying "We could have let 3 goals in tonight" (which Burnley could have).

Mee in particular looks a liability and Lawrence could be key for us in the derby match.

I think they'll be in the mix for the play offs Tony, but they don't look that great to me. Derby lacked confidence. I saw two or three weaknesses in Burnley's set-up that we have the players to exploit if deployed correctly (I know its a massive if!!)

I think the real point for me is that you don't have to look great in this league to be successful. Organisation can help teams to pick up points which in the final analysis get you over the line.

I thought Derby tried to overplay at times and their final ball was pretty poor.

I think the real point for me is that you don't have to look great in this league to be successful. Organisation can help teams to pick up points which in the final analysis get you over the line.

I thought Derby tried to overplay at times and their final ball was pretty poor.

As were their set pieces. We'll see where Burnley are in May but I would guess somewhere between 4th and 8th. I think they'll draw too many. I've seen Birmingham 3 times now and they look a decent outfit (for similar reasons)

Dyche exudes confidence and positivity and it's reflected in the players as seen in Duffy's post match interview.

They are a tough, highly motivated and organised unit who I think will go straight up.

What a difference a first rate manager makes.

Strange because a lot of Burnley fans I know are losing patience.

Inability to change style to suit opposition and tactics lacking adventure, always 442 etc are always the two main gripes.

The season ticket holder I know who went last night was not impressed with the use of substitutes and said he needs to be more reactive to do better

Funny old game innit..

• Moderation Lead

Played poorly in last 5 games, picked up 13 points. We've no midfield, our best winger is playing central.

It ain't good to watch.

Has Barton not played yet? My Burnley supporting pal that I saw at the weekend was saying the same about Arfield. Thought he might switch Boyd and Arfield around?

Barton made bench for first time last night. Marney also close to being back.

Boyd looks woeful right now - but again not helped by our central players. As things stand you've a real chance in the Derby.

Interesting, thanks Longers. I must admit your general view tallies with mine, though I struggle for objectivity sometimes when it comes to Burnley. I think it will be a lot closer than some of your fellow Clarets (and some Rovers in a negative sense) have been predicting.

This is a brutal division, but points make prizes and you're picking plenty up at the moment.

I think (hope) by the time the Derby comes around, we have gained some momentum and Burnley start to wain. If the teams are closer in terms of league position and points tally by then, it could make it the most interesting Derby for years.

Archived