BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

To be fair, this would only apply if:

1) We were actually in for him (let's be honest, he'd eat Bowyer alive)

2) We know for certain what wages he's on (Again, let's be honest, the Burnley board aren't known for their lavish spending, and they have a fair wage structure in place don't they?)

Whilst Barton is exactly the kind of player we need (off the field issues aside), there would have been divided opinion on here (and that's being kind) if we had signed him!

Already the same at this end. Personally delighted with the signing, despite the obvious risks but many are furious - though much of it seems like faux outrage to me.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Already the same at this end. Personally delighted with the signing, despite the obvious risks but many are furious - though much of it seems like faux outrage to me.

As soon as he gets in the team and starts playing, it will soon be forgotten! It was the same here when we signed Savage and El-Hadji Diouf and they turned out to be excellent players for the club!

• Backroom

I would have loved us to sign Barton - he's ten times the player Lowe, Williamson, Guthrie et al. Watch him on Derby day, I bet he wins it for them.

Really?! I was just thinking yesterday when he signed for them how this could be good news for us as we are bound to end up playing at least one of our Derby's against 10 men.

He seems to always get caught up in the emotion of everything and simply cannot control himself. Our players definitely need to get into him early and see how wound up they can get him.

People keep trotting out the old "he's changed, he's matured, that's stuff in the past" lines. Well he got sent off last season for punching a player in the balls. That was only 6 months ago!! Now I would maybe think that was quite amusing and give a kid a pass on such an incident, but this is a 32 year old man we are talking about here, in a 6 pointer match against a relegation rival which they then went on to lose.

Total clown! And hopefully that will play out to our benefit this season.

Has he patched things up with Football's most arrogant mascot ?

Who's that? Bertie? Ah that's all just pantomime. Knowing how the pair of them operate I'd have thought they'll play on it in his first few games.

Like I say, a gamble but one worth taking - indeed arguably one we had to take as we couldn't seem to land a CM of the right calibre. I've said somewhere that IMO he'll win us far more points than he might cost us over a season but in the end only the results will tell us.

Really?! I was just thinking yesterday when he signed for them how this could be good news for us as we are bound to end up playing at least one of our Derby's against 10 men.

He seems to always get caught up in the emotion of everything and simply cannot control himself. Our players definitely need to get into him early and see how wound up they can get him.

People keep trotting out the old "he's changed, he's matured, that's stuff in the past" lines. Well he got sent off last season for punching a player in the balls. That was only 6 months ago!! Now I would maybe think that was quite amusing and give a kid a pass on such an incident, but this is a 32 year old man we are talking about here, in a 6 pointer match against a relegation rival which they then went on to lose.

Total clown! And hopefully that will play out to our benefit this season.

Now now Silas, seriously, which one of our players has the minerals to 'get into him'?

• Backroom

Like I say, a gamble but one worth taking - indeed arguably one we had to take as we couldn't seem to land a CM of the right calibre. I've said somewhere that IMO he'll win us far more points than he might cost us over a season but in the end only the results will tell us.

I'd say that's a pretty fair summary of the situation. No doubt, he is capable of doing a job for you.

Only time will tell if the gamble pays off.

Personally, I'm just glad the hammers fans made sure he was playing Championship football this season and not Premier. Must have been quite a blow to his inflated ego that. I'm a big believer in what goes around, comes around eventually, and nice to see some chickens coming home to roost for him.

Now now Silas, seriously, which one of our players has the minerals to 'get into him'?

OK, it's a few years ago now, but if memory serves he took a swing at our well known hard nut MGP. I think that was for something like daring to stand too close to him.

• Backroom

Err, yeah you've got me,I'm struggling.

I'm going to optimistically say guthrie is the man for the job, but I suppose he will struggle to get into them from the bench.

Lowe and Evans against Barton is a worry for sure after last night's performance.

Archived