BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

• Backroom

40,000 in Goodison on Sunday, party atmosphere.

When I drove past after the game fans were laughing and joking with the Police.

Well it is known as the friendly derby, I don't think ours will get the nickname anytime soon!

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I do think people are overdoing the outrage with this bloke using his Grandad's disabled ticket and pretending to be in a wheelchair to get into the Scouse derby game.

In bad taste, yes, but in reality it's no different to the odd mate of mine borrowing my dad's senior ticket when he can't make.

With the derby game 5 days away, it is fair to say this is the most understated derby build up in my memory.

There's been little talk of the game, no sign of Longsiders etc on here.

I just hope that the ticket prices and general apathy doesn't result in an embarrassingly low crowd, but it seems that might end up being the case.

A prediction is almost impossible given how unpredictable we are. I worry about Gray's pace as we really struggle with a nippy striker, and their bite in midfield should provide Akpan (who has impressed me massively) and Evans with a real test.

Was a very low turnout at their gaff last time. We only sold just over half the allocation and you could've just about fit everyone in the home sections in one stand, the place was empty. Still the police get an easy day and well paid for it I suppose, covered by the loyal fans by the hike in ticket prices.

I've noticed quite a few derby games in this division even between bigger clubs don't anywhere near sell out. Just how stale will football eventually get ?

Was a very low turnout at their gaff last time. We only sold just over half the allocation and you could've just about fit everyone in the home sections in one stand, the place was empty. Still the police get an easy day and well paid for it I suppose, covered by the loyal fans by the hike in ticket prices.

I've noticed quite a few derby games in this division even between bigger clubs don't anywhere near sell out. Just how stale will football eventually get ?

Wasn't quite that bad I thought - about 16,000 on with 3,000 away tickets sold I seem to recall.

I do agree though, it is getting more and more stale.

15,669 (2,479 away)

It was the old gate v attendance debate. Even on clampets mad they were saying a lot of their ST holders must have watched it on the box. Taking away the cricket shed the rest of the Turd holds about 16 thousand and no way was there only three thousand empty seats in the rest of the ground, no way.

No that it matters really as we always get more on the home sections in this game than them, according to dingle myth a lot ARE them :rover:

They shade it in the away followings though but they do get a bigger allocation and a few times in the recent past we could have sold a lot more for there if there was room.

• 1 month later...

Dingles on Twitter calling for dyches head haha l

There's been some doing that for a few games now, saying the wheels have fallen off and questioning his signings. They reckon if they don't act fast they are going to drop due to the poor performances. Fingers crossed.

• Moderation Lead

Quite interesting reading their comments on twitter I have to say. Most of them that I've spoken to though, seem to be highly critical of his lack of changing the team when things are going wrong.

6,500 Burnley fans travelled to Ewood for a midweek FA Cup game in 2005 without any travel restrictions.The opportunity for serious violence was laid onto a plate for anyone of that persuasion.

The following days report in the Telegraph was full of praise for both sets of fans for their good behaviour from both the Police and the respective clubs.There were no more arrests on the night than your average Saturday night out on the Town....the Ewood crowd was just under 29,000.

Go figure.

Discuss with reference to the following concepts:

Police, authoritarian personalty, self selection of employment organisations, group think, certainty v clarity etc

Sounds like they're in a bit of a false position, with some lacklustre performances bringing some wins earlier on.

As of late, their points return has dropped dramatically, and they seem to have suddenly stopped scoring. Andre Gray was really carrying them earlier but seems to have gone a bit quiet.

Hearing grumbles about Dyche's reluctance to change tactics - hoping that the side that did so well in the last 2 years was just him finding the right formula (much like Coyle), getting an element of luck but being unable to be more flexible when things stop going their way.

When they came to Ewood they were very ordinary and were lucky to win. I can only hope that the current slump continues, or that Dyche leaves for greener pastures.

I was never convinced Dyche was the real deal anyway, I think he was lucky to have inherited the players he did, the work had already been done before he arrived.

Better keep the wife out of the local chip shops!

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

Coach prices are insane in general

I'm on the PTA at school and saw the bill to take the kids from St Pauls Fenni to King George's Hall, daylight robbery!

Then again last time I went to the dingledome some of the coaches were actually double decker buses

To be fair to them they are not stinging us on the ticket prices. £28 is probably just above the average price we have paid this season.

Rolled together with the compulsory £8 coach fee it brings it up to £36. How much did they have to pay at Ewood?

I can't understand why independent coaches are not allowed to make their own way to the game. Burnley's independent supporters coaches were able to set off and arrive whenever they wanted at Ewood and were able to charge whatever prices they wanted. Why are we being treated differently?

Burnley's official coaches also ran pick-ups from Whitebirk, so those people only had to endure a 20 minute journey down to Ewood Park, whereas those getting the coach from Ewood to Burnley will be facing the usual hour plus with stops.

Burnley supporters were also able to access hospitality areas and those people were able to travel to Ewood by car.

If anyone here has a season ticket number I can borrow (preferably with an away game on it) I would be eternally grateful if I could use it (obviously if you aren't going to Turf Moor).

To add some meat on the bones, my girlfriend has been to 10 aways this season but due to us living in Cardiff she doesn't have a season ticket.

Happy to pay money for any help, it really is that desperate! Drop us a pm if so, obviously I know these tickets will be like gold dust

Archived