BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dinglewatch

Baz

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clubs made the biggest mistake by accepting the bubble arrangements for the first time a couple of seasons ago. The moment it was introduced and worked with minimal uproar meant that it was going to happen for every fixture for years to come.

The clubs should have rejected the proposal, united to come up with an alternative and challenged the people proposing it as to what precedent they were basing it on given the lack of serious trouble in previous games.

Someone said that the arrests at Cherry Tree were one of the reasons, yet I don't see how they can use an incident miles from Ewood Park as justification for introducing these measures at all games.

The arrests at Cherry Tree that occurred hours after the game and after the Burnley contingent had all been bussed back to dingleville. That's a laugh it could happen after any one of the games regardless of the bubble, Infact similar could happen even if we don't play each other, it used to :o

Fact is they carry on with this on the back of 2000 when we hadn't played each other for nearly two decades.

That Cherry Tree incident, where half the Dingles turned up at the Station pub and the other half turned up at the railway station, is second only in stupidity to those Dingle idiots that decided to 'invade' Blackburn on a barge. A bloody barge! You kind of lose the element of surprise when you're travelling in that slowly lol.

I think the dingles have always liked to 'announce' when they are coming just before they get rounded up then nothing ever actually happens. They can then tell everyone 'we were there', makes for a good book apparently :D

The policing arrangements and having to suspend your human rights for an afternoon/along with the kick off time is what has put people off buying tickets. Having to get to Ewood early to get a coach is a total pain, travelling from Lancaster makes the day a total write off. I've not been to an Dingle away game for a few years now as I cant be doing with being sheparded around by the OB and treated like a criminal for going to an away game. Its mental.

Well last night's battling display put the cat amongst the pigeons for this one! If we play with the same intensity then who knows?

It will be an extremely tough game, but it's quite nice going in as underdogs - Hanley will make sure the boys know what's expected.

We stand a decent chance of getting a result on Saturday, on two counts. Firstly, we seem to be picking up in terms of both performances and results, and secondly, surely the Dingles are due to lose a game? I've seen them a few times this season now, and while they have played well at times, they have also enjoyed huge slices of luck at vital times in games. Maybe it will go the other way this time?

They are obviously capable of losing games like this - Preston won there earlier in the season for example.

Time for someone to earn themselves legendary status and immunity from the Ewood boo boys. Step forward supersub Chrissy Brown?

(That last bit was tongue-in-cheek by the way....)

They are scabbing it at the moment so I suppose there's a chance we could get something. They have a real spirit which seems to be holding things together and Dyche seems to be able to turn poor performances into points.

That said my issue is more with Rovers than them as we still have some inconsistent performers in the ranks that slip up too many times during a game. Steele was great last night but how many times can we say that? It depends on which Rovers turn up, and whether lady luck shines on us.

Should have beat them at Ewood, totally outplayed them, they didn't seem to turn up at all. Sadly it was one of those games where we could have played all day and still not gone a goal ahead. I'm expecting the same again, though at least now the midfielders aren't afraid of having a crack at goal. Someone could become a Rovers hero overnight and I hope Lambert is drilling that into them.

Getting something there will be a bonus I keep telling myself but another defeat and I'll be gutted for another 6 months. I'd love us to paste them but I just don't think we're there yet and they have a big head start on us in terms of togetherness and consistency. Rovers still very much a work in progress, even if they aren't the rag tag bunch we were when we last played them.

They are scabbing it at the moment so I suppose there's a chance we could get something. They have a real spirit which seems to be holding things together and Dyche seems to be able to turn poor performances into points.

That said my issue is more with Rovers than them as we still have some inconsistent performers in the ranks that slip up too many times during a game. Steele was great last night but how many times can we say that? It depends on which Rovers turn up, and whether lady luck shines on us.

Should have beat them at Ewood, totally outplayed them, they didn't seem to turn up at all. Sadly it was one of those games where we could have played all day and still not gone a goal ahead. I'm expecting the same again, though at least now the midfielders aren't afraid of having a crack at goal. Someone could become a Rovers hero overnight and I hope Lambert is drilling that into them.

Getting something there will be a bonus I keep telling myself but another defeat and I'll be gutted for another 6 months. I'd love us to paste them but I just don't think we're there yet and they have a big head start on us in terms of togetherness and consistency. Rovers still very much a work in progress, even if they aren't the rag tag bunch we were when we last played them.

I think its fair to say that both teams have improved since we played them off the park at Ewood. That said, form etc tends to go out of the window in games like this. Anything could happen really - I wouldn't be surprised to lose 3-0, win 3-0 or draw 3-3 to be honest.

The only thing that is certain is that Lawrence's shot from the first game still won't have landed yet.

They're quite a physical team who like to stay compact in their own half then the play off the front men. We these days like to get in the face a bit more but that could play into their hands I fear. If we are a bit more cautious I think it could be a grind and poss end up a stalemate which i'll take.

Better players in key areas for them though so you'd think we'll be conceding at some point, They seem happy to have balls fired into their box all day long and deal with them so it'll be tough to score.

Burnley 1 Rovers 1 with both goals arriving late.

Really tough one to call this. Apparently didnt deserve to win at Bolton but still got a result but are due a loss. Us on the other hand in a decent bit of form but I'm not sure I can see us getting 3 wins on the bounce.

As a betting man i'd say a draw is likely.

• Moderation Lead

Can anyone recommend somewhere to go for a few pre game beers? Not sure where's open! Thanks!

The Commercial (Wetherspoons) in Accy serves beer from 9am, I'll be down there for a breakfast/pint or 3!

The Commercial (Wetherspoons) in Accy serves beer from 9am, I'll be down there for a breakfast/pint or 3!

I'm in Blackburn myself, but the Postal Order won't serve alcohol until 10am sadly!

Last time everyone was milling around the coach park guzzling tinnies before boarding the coaches. Never seen as many cans scattered about it was like a scene from after a rock festival. Police didn't seem to bother either.

My son and my nephew are on the coaches, I'm in Manchester with the wife but we'll be watching it in a pub somewhere , I'm sure some shopping will come into it at some point. Then back to the hotel and out for a night of celebration ( hopefully) in the Northern Quarter, an arrangement I made sometime ago , without consulting the fixture list . I'm trying to make the best of a bad job !

One of my brothers ( a Burnley fan) will be among the Dingles and I'm sure my departed Dad ( another Burnley fan) will be cheering them on too.

My son and my nephew are on the coaches, I'm in Manchester with the wife but we'll be watching it in a pub somewhere , I'm sure some shopping will come into it at some point. Then back to the hotel and out for a night of celebration ( hopefully) in the Northern Quarter, an arrangement I made sometime ago , without consulting the fixture list . I'm trying to make the best of a bad job !

One of my brothers ( a Burnley fan) will be among the Dingles and I'm sure my departed Dad ( another Burnley fan) will be cheering them on too.

Arsenal vs Spurs is on at the same time so maybe best to try and find somewhere that is definitely showing it beforehand.

They're quite a physical team who like to stay compact in their own half then the play off the front men. We these days like to get in the face a bit more but that could play into their hands I fear. If we are a bit more cautious I think it could be a grind and poss end up a stalemate which i'll take.

Better players in key areas for them though so you'd think we'll be conceding at some point, They seem happy to have balls fired into their box all day long and deal with them so it'll be tough to score.

Burnley 1 Rovers 1 with both goals arriving late.

The way you describe them seems similar to how Boro played last night (for most of the match). Big difference is that they have a bit of pace up front.

A huge match - in which the number of games may catch up with us. Our best hope is that the confidence gained from the last few matches - will keep the players going - it is amazing how players don't appear to get as tired when winning :rover:

As with most teams in the Championship - don't think there is much to choose between the teams - I am just hoping that we get the rub of the green (which we haven't for the last couple of derby matches).

The way you describe them seems similar to how Boro played last night (for most of the match). Big difference is that they have a bit of pace up front.

A huge match - in which the number of games may catch up with us. Our best hope is that the confidence gained from the last few matches - will keep the players going - it is amazing how players don't appear to get as tired when winning :rover:

As with most teams in the Championship - don't think there is much to choose between the teams - I am just hoping that we get the rub of the green (which we haven't for the last couple of derby matches).

Yeah, you're right - you can run all day when you're winning.

Archived