BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] MISSION FAILED COMPLETE

Someone was waffling on the LT boards recently that Ewood and Brockhall are held by Barclays because of money owed to them by the V's from the initial takeover. No idea if true but it's a bold statement to make.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ,Beckham ,ronny, champions league and fa cup win ..all now failed in the lunatic world of the horrible turds in india,

fans now supporting these idiots and forgiving what they have done. Tonight could be my last time on Ewood until these scumbags go. Fans openly supporting them . Well your welcome to them . They can rot in hell for me enough is enough ..

IS THIS WHAT FANS WANT OR JUST GLORY HUNTERS ?

I'd love to know how fans were opening supporting Venkys last night? PM if you'd rather...

Someone was waffling on the LT boards recently that Ewood and Brockhall are held by Barclays because of money owed to them by the V's from the initial takeover. No idea if true but it's a bold statement to make.

If true it makes our situation a whole lot worse

I think we are beyond saving. The choice is a slow death with Vs or a quick death without them. I would prefer the later as it gives us a chance of being reborn while people can remember why they loved the club in the first place.

People saying that they'd rather see the club go through relegation and losing thousands of fans if it means the Venkys go, need to be careful. I have no time for Venkys for the same reasons as everyone else and I don't know how I'd react if I was to find myself within arms reach of Steve Kean.

However, certain fans appear to hate Venkys more than they support Rovers. Ultimately we now need the Venkys to prevent us from falling into administration. That's just the facts of it. They're an easy target and in an ideal world of course we'd all want to see them gone. But I'm not seeing many other options out there and I don't consider administration and league 2 football as an appealing alternative.

Oh, and could people stop lumping Bowyer in with Venkys and Steve Kean. You can question his managerial abilities but he clearly has the club's best interests at heart.

I'd watch Blackburn Rovers play at Pleasington if meant getting rid of Venkys and I mean that, semi professional or whatever I don't care, I support the club but it will never really be my club again until those 3 stooges have left the scene.

Venkys and venkys alone have destroyed this football club, you can blame the fat southern **** and that bold headed scotch **** all you want but untimely its down to the owners, they employed the crooks, sold the high earners, sanctioned big wages for injury prone journeymen etc etc, the buck stops with those 3 idiots.

Yes we'll lose the 2/3 decent players we curently have, yes we'll lose support, but we need rid of the owners, a new board structure, new backroom staff and a clean slate.

VENKYS OUT

Whilst your words echo most people's sentiment Gav there appears to be no discernible solution to the tumour that infests every sinew of the club.

Due to the stupefying level of bank debt involved can there honestly be any solution other than dissolution?

:(

I'd watch Blackburn Rovers play at Pleasington if meant getting rid of Venkys and I mean that, semi professional or whatever I don't care, I support the club but it will never really be my club again until those 3 stooges have left the scene.

Venkys and venkys alone have destroyed this football club, you can blame the fat southern **** and that bold headed scotch **** all you want but untimely its down to the owners, they employed the crooks, sold the high earners, sanctioned big wages for injury prone journeymen etc etc, the buck stops with those 3 idiots.

Yes we'll lose the 2/3 decent players we curently have, yes we'll lose support, but we need rid of the owners, a new board structure, new backroom staff and a clean slate.

VENKYS OUT

I struggle to follow this. We all want Venkys gone but you have to keep some perspective. Given the choice of Blackburn being in the Championship under Venkys or in the Conference North under different ownership, I'd go with Championship football every time.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face comes to mind.

• Backroom

I also don't buy the argument that people would rather go fully bust and start again, there would be no way back.

If I felt that strongly about them I wouldnt ever go at all.

I struggle to follow this. We all want Venkys gone but you have to keep some perspective. Guven the choice of Blackburn being in the Championship under Venkys or in the Conference North under different ownership, I'd go with Championship football every time.

I couldn't agree more, and I'm sure many others are the same. Don't get me wrong, Venkys have been a disaster. I don't buy people on here who still would rather start again though. Questions to those people, with that mindset-

1) If you hate them so much, why do you still go and pay to service their debts?

2) Why didn't you go and watch the sister club Blackburn Town, (or whatever they were called), who had no association with Venkys, and had started at the bottom of the leagues, like you so wish for our club to do?

Until someone comes along, like Jack, we're stuck with them. We both (us and then) need to move forward in my eyes. A good start would be putting someone with our interests on the board, and let them run the club.

I'd watch Blackburn Rovers play at Pleasington if meant getting rid of Venkys and I mean that, semi professional or whatever I don't care, I support the club but it will never really be my club again until those 3 stooges have left the scene.[/size]

[/size]

Venkys and venkys alone have destroyed this football club, you can blame the fat southern **** and that bold headed scotch **** all you want but untimely its down to the owners, they employed the crooks, sold the high earners, sanctioned big wages for injury prone journeymen etc etc, the buck stops with those 3 idiots.[/size]

Yes we'll lose the 2/3 decent players we curently have, yes we'll lose support, but we need rid of the owners, a new board structure, new backroom staff and a clean slate.[/size]

VENKYS OUT[/size]

Crazy talk Gav. If Venkys called it a day and left next week then its fairly certain that we would go into administration. There is a very real chance that the club would never recover and even go out of existence. Given that apathy is the Blackburn public's default setting I have serious doubts that a viable reincarnation would take hold.

I, for one, simply cannot countenance that.

I struggle to follow this. We all want Venkys gone but you have to keep some perspective. Guven the choice of Blackburn being in the Championship under Venkys or in the Conference North under different ownership, I'd go with Championship football every time.

Sorry but thats just nonsense in my opinion.

What we all want is a football club that we can relate to, a football club to be proud of thats being run for the town and its supporters. What we have is a football club thats been dragged through the mud, with owners and a board room that couldn’t care less what happens in the future, its that far gone in my opinion.

So remaining on the current footing is probably going to see us getting worse on the pitch and further into debt, something has to give, and that the sooner that something happens and Venkys sod off the better as far as I’m concerned.

Crazy talk Gav. If Venkys called it a day and left next week then its fairly certain that we would go into administration. There is a very real chance that the club would never recover and even go out of existence. Given that apathy is the Blackburn public's default setting I have serious doubts that a viable reincarnation would take hold.

I, for one, simply cannot countenance that.

I don't buy that Chris, but understand the caution.

We have several people sitting in the wings that would take the club on if we went into administration, the debt is a worry no doubt about that, its not the clubs debt at the moment but that can soon change.

If we dropped down a league or two so be it, wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but the key in all of this to get people into the boardroom who have influence and care about the club, the town and its supporters. To achieve that goal we need rid of those idiots in Pune, anyone thinking Venkys will turn this around are living in cloud cuckoo land, it won't happen.

I couldn't agree more, and I'm sure many others are the same. Don't get me wrong, Venkys have been a disaster. I don't buy people on here who still would rather start again though. Questions to those people, with that mindset-

1) If you hate them so much, why do you still go and pay to service their debts?

2) Why didn't you go and watch the sister club Blackburn Town, (or whatever they were called), who had no association with Venkys, and had started at the bottom of the leagues, like you so wish for our club to do?

Until someone comes along, like Jack, we're stuck with them. We both (us and then) need to move forward in my eyes. A good start would be putting someone with our interests on the board, and let them run the club.

Won't happen while Venkys are here, simple as that.

As for supporting another club, you're born a Rover, you can't change that and nor would I want to.

We have several people sitting in the wings that would take the club on if we went into administration, the debt is a worry no doubt about that, its not the clubs debt at the moment but that can soon change.

If we dropped down a league or two so be it, wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but the key in all of this to get people into the boardroom who have influence and care about the club, the town and its supporters. To achieve that goal we need rid of those idiots in Pune, anyone thinking Venkys will turn this around are living in cloud cuckoo land, it won't happen.

As for supporting another club, you're born a Rover, you can't change that and nor would I want to.

I would accept League 1 football if we had messrs Battersby and Currie at the helm but even the two Ians have described the club in terms of being untouchable.

For me we have to hope that Venkys desperation not to lose face keeps them financing the club until they either wake up and smell the coffee in terms of properly running the club on and off the pitch or get lucky with Bowyer.

But if the present club folds and another is started up under the tag Blackburn Rovers 2015 or whatever, playing at the Anchor or wherever, then it wouldn't be Blackburn Rovers for me but simply some pale imitation. I suspect that the majority of fans would see it as such and that it would struggle to make a mark. Fair play to those who want to go down that route, but I suspect the majority would rather take a chance with the present owners in the hope that at some point something better comes along. Where there is life there is hope. Once it folds the club as we know it is gone for good.

But if the present club folds and another is started up under the tag Blackburn Rovers 2015 or whatever, playing at the Anchor or wherever, then it wouldn't be Blackburn Rovers for me but simply some pale imitation. I suspect that the majority of fans would see it as such and that it would struggle to make a mark. Fair play to those who want to go down that route, but I suspect the majority would rather take a chance with the present owners in the hope that at some point something better comes along. Where there is life there is hope. Once it folds the club as we know it is gone for good.

How many clubs have actually folded Parson? it simply won't happen if something changes soon.

But if we continue down the current path like Abbey says what will the debt become? 500m+? then we might fold, I can see that happening.

There were people on these boards last night saying that Josh King was going to start against Liverpool.

Its not worth losing sleep over

I never said king was starting

As for losing sleep over...

BTW I'll take the conference or league one under proper ownership... Pompey on the long way back under fans ownership further down the scale so are Darlington...

Last night hit home what we used to have on a regular basis until these charlatans rocked up.. + no-one say it was a certain agent the venkys knew what they were doing from day one...

VENKYS OUT

How many clubs have actually folded Parson? it simply won't happen if something changes soon.

But if we continue down the current path like Abbey says what will the debt become? 500m+? then we might fold, I can see that happening.

Who will pick up the tab for the player wages if we go into admin and try to start again? As Pompey found, player wages have to be paid and Jordan's still got another four years at something like £40,000 a week, another year of Best to pay at not much less than that and that's just two players. That level of repayment would cause the club to fold. I suspect any new club wouldn't be playing at Ewood, and certainly wouldn't be training at Brockhall. As I said, if some folk want to start again from scratch that's fair enough, but I would suggest the majority will stick with what we have at the moment.

• Backroom

Let's see, den...

• To shut up (right out of the Trust's textbook, right?)
  • To not blindly trust a JA type character.
  • To be more financially responsible.
  • To identify and purge bad apples.
  • To entrust people who care about the club and their career progression, rather than just people who care about pillaging the club for all the money it hasn't got.

We all know their mistakes, but I thought this was in the past. Evidently you see no progress, Den. That's your opinion. Mine is different.

I'll give you the first one, but the rest? Not for me. I think you're confusing learning lessons with simply not caring and doing the very minimum in terms of involvement. If they had learned so much why would the Rogue one still be in charge? Why would we still have a rookie manager rather than an experienced head? Why would we still fail to get our season ticket prices out early doors? Why would we still not have a competent board room?

Let's see, den...

• To entrust people who care about the club and their career progression, rather than just people who care about pillaging the club for all the money it hasn't got.
We all know their mistakes, but I thought this was in the past. Evidently you see no progress, Den. That's your opinion. Mine is different.

That's OK ET.

For me, and honestly, I think they're running the club on exactly the same basis that they were when Kean was in charge. I.e, exactly as they said they would from the day they took over. They took a gamble and went off track when they tried two "managers" in Berg and Appleton, and gambled real money on a player once. They weren't committed to any of those moves and reverted to how they see the future here.

Let's see, den...

In my opinion they've learnt nothing, they're not in the media because nobodys interested in Championship Blackburn Rovers.

I respect your view but we've seen no evidence of having the clubs best interests at heart or lesson learning.

Who will pick up the tab for the player wages if we go into admin and try to start again? As Pompey found, player wages have to be paid and Jordan's still got another four years at something like £40,000 a week, another year of Best to pay at not much less than that and that's just two players. That level of repayment would cause the club to fold. I suspect any new club wouldn't be playing at Ewood, and certainly wouldn't be training at Brockhall. As I said, if some folk want to start again from scratch that's fair enough, but I would suggest the majority will stick with what we have at the moment.

So your happy for them to build up debts on a daily basis ? How much debt are you happy with ?

VENKYS OUT

Crikey.... It's not long ago you were blaming everything bad about the club on Sam Allardyce! :lol:

Archived