BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Big Club v Rovers......7.45pm Tuesday 14th April

Less than 24 hours from KO and no match thread....again. No informative match previews? Apathy rules OK!

One day I will be too busy combing my arse hairs to start one for you all ;)

So Birmingham, famous for nowt but remembered for Mat Jansen's mazy winner at Ewood and Duffers nutmeg at their ground back in 2000/01 and for us allowing Robbie Bloody Blake to score a winner for them at their gaffe years later

Prediction: Meh-Meh

Edit: Woke up this morning feeling we will win 1-2

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They better not be, that U21 side really missed them tonight and probably lost their chance of winning it. Least the former youth team coach can do now is give one or two some mins on the pitch.

Less than 24 hours from KO and no match thread....again. Apathy rules OK!

One day I will be too busy combing my arse hairs to start one for you all.

Prediction: Meh-Meh

Is it the downy fluff type?

• Backroom

Imagine he will go for a different looking line up

O'sullivan and Lenihan will feature and I think Paul Taylor will start.

Hopefully he will drop Brown (unlikely) and let O'Sullivan play in behind Rhodes, it worked well in the past with Dunn in that position so could be good.

Is it the downy fluff type?

We need to man up. Male grooming is fine in the right circumstances, and perhaps Abbey can start a new thread dedicated to it.

I like a close shave........

Anyway back to the none event that is a none event on a Tuesday night in April. Another nil-nil that gets us another point closer to nowhere.

We are where we are, but could have been closer to better if we'd tried harder and Grant wasn't out injured for most of the season, and I had a clue at what I was meant to do, but we'll give it a right good go, and even if we don't win, we should have, and I'll tell Madame we were nearly in the cup final, and mid-table is good, and they are lovely for piling money in't pit, and we'll give next season as a good as a right good go as we did this.......and on it goes......

Bet it's not like last seasons festival of goals in the sunshine. Nice day out, but I won't make the journey, although funnily I'm in Birmingham in the morning on business. Dead rubber and the players can't be arsed anyway

Hopefully he will drop Brown (unlikely) and let O'Connor play in behind Rhodes, it worked well in the past with Dunn in that position so could be good.

O'Sullivan, you mean? O'Connor is the defender on loan at Plymouth.

I'd prefer O'Sullivan out wide where his pace can be used to better effect. I know he's been poor recently but I'd move Marshall into that no.10 role if anyone.

We need to man up. Male grooming is fine in the right circumstances, and perhaps Abbey can start a new thread dedicated to it.

Anyway back to the none event that is a none event on a Tuesday night in April. Another nil-nil that gets us another point closer to nowhere.

We are where we are, but could have been closer to better if we'd tried harder and Grant wasn't out injured for most of the season, and I had a clue at what I was meant to do, but we'll give it a right good go, and even if we don't win, we should have, and I'll tell Madame we were nearly in the cup final, and mid-table is good, and they are lovely for piling money in't pit, and we'll give next season as a good as a right good go as we did this.......and on it goes......

They will be editing the Liverpool game and using it for years to come as propaganda with the full house and all that. Madam will have it as a screensaver and Bilaji has a mug to commemorate the full house,

I'd prefer O'Sullivan out wide where his pace can be used to better effect. I know he's been poor recently but I'd move Marshall into that no.10 role if anyone.

Certainly wouldn't do any harm in trying Marshall in the no 10 role, might spark him back into life. Get's his head down and shoots and can get past the first man. Far too attack minded for us that though !

• Backroom

I did but I somehow called him O'Connell and O'Connor in the same post - impressive!

To be honest there are a handful of players I would rather he pick before Brown

Certainly wouldn't do any harm in trying Marshall in the no 10 role, might spark him back into life. Get's his head down and shoots and can get past the first man. Far too attack minded for us that though !

I see some similarities between Marshall & David Bentley insomuch that they lack the raw pace to play as out-and-out wingers, but they're both comfortable on the ball and have an eye for goal. Hughes moved Bentley into a central attacking role with some success (see the 4-3 win over Utd), and I could see the same working for Marshall...to a lesser extent, of course.

• Backroom

I did but I somehow called him O'Connell and O'Connor in the same post - impressive!

To be honest there are a handful of players I would rather he pick before Brown

Only a handful?

Anyone going tonight there will be a minutes applause on 13 mins for a young 13 year old boy and member if big clubs academy who sadly drowned on holiday recently. Hopefully both sets of fans will make it a good minutes respect

Gotta love the humour on here at times. keep it up

I'm sure you guys will find something else to bitch about if he doesn't play the kids!

I'm looking forward to listening on the radio tonight after a nightmare of a day. Not much to play for but just the chance to enjoy listening to a football match, which many of us forget.

I hope he starts the kids, provided he thinks they are ready. It is the perfect time really with nothing to lose. the only problem (that many forget) is we only have 11 slots - if he has visions of keeping some of the out of contract/loan players - he needs to be playing them also aka Spearing, Taylor etc.

I reckon we will go 8 games unbeaten away tonight! - 0-1

I see some similarities between Marshall & David Bentley insomuch that they lack the raw pace to play as out-and-out wingers, but they're both comfortable on the ball and have an eye for goal. Hughes moved Bentley into a central attacking role with some success (see the 4-3 win over Utd), and I could see the same working for Marshall...to a lesser extent, of course.

Think Marshall can cut it on the wing and has in the past. If our full backs had license to get forward, and as long as the other "winger" is on their correct foot, I've no problem with Marshall there and think it can work. In those conditions him cutting in can be an asset as their is still width through the other winger, and the full backs. Sadly playing cautious with the full backs and 2 wingers on the wrong side means it can be less effective.

Another thought is that the options in the middle of the pitch for us are so horrible to contemplate going forward that we notice him more when he's in the centre, because the two cms are so deep if he doesn't no one will use the space. If we could somehow sort out the central midfield two to include a genuine box-to-box midfielder, I've a feeling we'd have less need for Marshall cutting inside.

Archived