BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's : We need a statement of intent for next Season.

I get all the bravado with wind up and start again. First question is where would you play? What level, playing against clitheroe and darwen?

Don't even begin to kid yourselves that there would be anything more than 100-200 watching regularly and that would wane if the results didn't come.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get all the bravado with wind up and start again. First question is where would you play? What level, playing against clitheroe and darwen?

Don't even begin to kid yourselves that there would be anything more than 100-200 watching regularly and that would wane if the results didn't come.

Lower down the scale Darlington started again attracting gates of a couple of thousand for a club nowhere near the size of BRFC and had to play 12 miles out of Darlington they have now had another successive promotion and will play in Chorleys league next season.. So I don't get the scare mongering that no one would support us in the event that we'd have to start again

I'm in the venkyscum free camp Due to the fact the financial situation is getting worse each month and unless we get promotion will get even worse.. There Has to be a tipping point with external creditors or the scumdogs pulling out something will give

It is not scaremongering it is reality. My own view is that our owners have no intention of selling us short and will continue to support the club. Personal thought not knowledge by the way.

So what is your personal thought for them keeping hold of the club... As everyone knows it's non sensicle business wise

It is not scaremongering it is reality. My own view is that our owners have no intention of selling us short and will continue to support the club. Personal thought not knowledge by the way.

You don't know that they have no intention of selling us short and to continue pumping money in just as no one can stay they will pull out. But if you're option proves wrong and they get board and walk away we will go bust and will have to start again anyway. In which case 100-200 fans left really!?!? Halifax started again in rock bottom league and averaged over a thousand, so did Chester, so did Darlington and clitheroe who have never been any more than amateur pull in 200-300 regularly. So if blackburn started again there's no reason as a much much bigger club than those 3 we wouldn't at least match them.

Questions for those wanting to start a fresh club - why does your new club have to come about as a result of the death of Rovers? What is stopping you from starting your new club now?

It's not about a brand new club its about the existing club and the ramifications of a post venky fall out and continuing all the history that goes with it. And that if the venkys pull out and the bank of India come calling for £80+ million we will have to go bust and start again in these dreadful non leagues whether people like it or not.

There are many better scenarios than having to start again such as new owners or current owners start running the club properly but there's a possibility of a Stanley style collapse.

It's not about a brand new club its about the existing club and the ramifications of a post venky fall out and continuing all the history that goes with it. And that if the venkys pull out and the bank of India come calling for £80+ million we will have to go bust and start again in these dreadful non leagues whether people like it or not.

There are many better scenarios than having to start again such as new owners or current owners start running the club properly but there's a possibility of a Stanley style collapse.

Of course, I'm aware of the nightmare scenarios. I suppose my questions were more directed at those who won't countenance your last paragraph and want Venkys out regardless of the consequences.

Sell us short ? Support the club ?

Such a marvellous job they've done up to now

Of course, I'm aware of the nightmare scenarios. I suppose my questions were more directed at those who won't countenance your last paragraph and want Venkys out regardless of the consequences.

I think to be venky free if the club was able to keep its identity, history, honours, etc I'd prefer to watch rovers take on the likes of nelson and clone than watch a new spin off Blackburn club in the premier league. But venky free club in non league vs current venky club n championship I suspect people will fall down on both sides. Which says a lot about our regal owners.

For 5 years I've thought ta lot would forgive owners (never forget perhaps) if got 1 an apology, 2 a proper manager and 3 get competent people to run the club for them. I don't think all 3 are a lot to ask for but so far none have been forthcoming and all the signs are that it will probably never happen.

It's so frustrating. From uncle jack the best owner in the world ever to possibly the worst.

I think to be venky free if the club was able to keep its identity, history, honours, etc I'd prefer to watch rovers take on the likes of nelson and clone than watch a new spin off Blackburn club in the premier league. But venky free club in non league vs current venky club n championship I suspect people will fall down on both sides. Which says a lot about our regal owners.

For 5 years I've thought ta lot would forgive owners (never forget perhaps) if got 1 an apology, 2 a proper manager and 3 get competent people to run the club for them. I don't think all 3 are a lot to ask for but so far none have been forthcoming and all the signs are that it will probably never happen.

It's so frustrating. From uncle jack the best owner in the world ever to possibly the worst.

They are terrible owners. Not the worst but terrible never the less.

I certainly wouldn't hold your breath for number 1. An apology is to admit something so no chance. 2 and 3 would be great. Roverite (an impartial, agenda free poster if ever there was one) has pointed to a potential light at the end of the tunnel in regard to 3. As you will have seen, he is being shouted down. If they do get 3 sorted 2 could follow.

I take a lot encouragement from Roverite's post. For the first time since Allardyce got sacked I'm allowing my self a little bit of optimism. It's a shame that those who've painted themselves into a corner aren't able to do the same.

• Backroom

I take a lot encouragement from Roverite's post. For the first time since Allardyce got sacked I'm allowing my self a little bit of optimism. It's a shame that those who've painted themselves into a corner aren't able to do the same.

As others have said, 1864 is a well respected poster and, like Parson, his views should be respected regardless of what they are.

The problem with his posts on Venky's, though, is that he's presenting a positive front without putting forward any real evidence of progression. Also completely ignoring our debt, management and boardroom situation. It reads more as propaganda than a proper argument - though I am sure he doesn't intend for it to come out that way.

It's interesting that he's been so reassured by what Shaw has told him, but if Shaw has so much to say that would or should placate the fanbase, why not release a statement through public channels to acknowledge the fans discontent and state how things will change going forward? There's no obligation for him to do so, but until that does happen I don't think anybody can be anything other than skeptical. Shaw has not proven himself trustworthy in the past, so actions will speak louder than words. It's going to take more than him talking to fans individually to make a difference in overall perception.

Tim Sherwood being extremely diplomatic about Her majesty and the confused brothers and the reason he did not become Rovers manager

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/12954348.Tim_Sherwood__I_turned_down_the_chance_to_manage_Blackburn_Rovers

If calling those running the club unstable is extreme diplomacy I'm glad they didn't print the undiplomatic version! :D

So now we have had Shaw. Agnew, Kean and Anderson, all saying how wonderful they are and they were trying their best for the club with the clubs interest at heart and the problems / dodgy dealings were somebody elses fault, must be true then.

Perhaps we should have stuck with Team Kean as a full package until things got better and we could all see what they were trying to do here

Technicality but Oyston on has promotion on his CV. What have Venkys actually achieved?

Would you like me to make a case for them Stu? Clearly you do.

Only one relegation.

Have yet to sell the clubs best striker for the last 87 transfer windows.

Turned down offers for the other one in January.

Have yet to take any fan to court for inflammatory remarks on websites.

Have yet to remove the Jack Walker statue (see Mortensen's statue at Blackpool).

Have yet to change the number plate on the team bus to Venkys Out.

Are re-laying the pitch (by all accounts).

Don't go on social media winding up fans even more.

Have managed to keep their mouths shut, possibly due to confusion issues.

Now if you'd like me to list their failings I'll have to decline as I've work on Monday. But just to save him the bother anyway I'd just like to sarcastically say "wtf ?!? Right, yeah bob, all Hail Venkys" and then back that up with a hilarious "give your head a wobble".

Would you like me to make a case for them Stu? Clearly you do.

Only one relegation.

Have yet to sell the clubs best striker for the last 87 transfer windows.

Turned down offers for the other one in January.

Have yet to take any fan to court for inflammatory remarks on websites.

Have yet to remove the Jack Walker statue (see Mortensen's statue at Blackpool).

Have yet to change the number plate on the team bus to Venkys Out.

Are re-laying the pitch (by all accounts).

Don't go on social media winding up fans even more.

Have managed to keep their mouths shut, possibly due to confusion issues.

Now if you'd like me to list their failings I'll have to decline as I've work on Monday. But just to save him the bother anyway I'd just like to sarcastically say "wtf ?!? Right, yeah bob, all Hail Venkys" and then back that up with a hilarious "give your head a wobble".

Not much of a case really. Not one achievement among your list - unless you count re-laying the pitch as a success. Putting plasters on an open fracture is all.

I really hope they have learned from their mistakes and are going to put it right. They owe us the duty of putting us back where we were when they arrived. If they are expecting gratitude, that is. But I've been hoping for signs of that for the past couple of Summers. Maybe this will be the Summer than one or two on here get to say "I told you so". Maybe not.

What?!? Worse than Oyston? Really?

Sums up what we have become really. A discussion about whether we have the worst or second worst owners in the country/world. Until the Indians rolled up this would have been fantasy.

As others have said, 1864 is a well respected poster and, like Parson, his views should be respected regardless of what they are.

The problem with his posts on Venky's, though, is that he's presenting a positive front without putting forward any real evidence of progression. Also completely ignoring our debt, management and boardroom situation. It reads more as propaganda than a proper argument - though I am sure he doesn't intend for it to come out that way.

It's interesting that he's been so reassured by what Shaw has told him, but if Shaw has so much to say that would or should placate the fanbase, why not release a statement through public channels to acknowledge the fans discontent and state how things will change going forward? There's no obligation for him to do so, but until that does happen I don't think anybody can be anything other than skeptical. Shaw has not proven himself trustworthy in the past, so actions will speak louder than words. It's going to take more than him talking to fans individually to make a difference in overall perception.

To be fair though, there is evidence of progression. The new sponsorship deal is prestigious and lucrative (so it appears). Surely that is evidence? Not seismic but progress never the less.

The debt is something that is clearly important but details of its nature leave me confused to say the least. Some of the figures are extremely worrying but others mention the debt being owned by Venkys. I don't know, I admit to being flummoxed by it. Maybe Roverite can shed some light on whether it was discussed or perhaps he was asked not to reveal any debt related discussion that may have taken place.

Communication remains an issue but at least the MD is talking to somebody, the club used to speak to absolutely nobody. It can't have helped that the Communications director has been ill. Hopefully he makes a full recovery but it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to have somebody step into the breach. That's admittedly poor and indicative of the club still having a long way to go.

Sceptisism is fine and understandable but I don't understand how some people seem to get angry on the relatively rare occasions there is positive news or a good result. That is one of the most damning indictments of Venkys misrule.

Questions for those wanting to start a fresh club - why does your new club have to come about as a result of the death of Rovers? What is stopping you from starting your new club now?

It wouldn't be a new club a la Glasgow Rangers Hearts etc etc it would be in the eventuallity of worse case scenario and you don't need to be an accountant to get the jist that the financial implications of not getting promotion to alleviate a large chunk of the debt are very serious indeed

There is no way on this earth the current situation will continue forever there will be a cut off.. When is hard to predict and highly likely out of Venky's hands

It wouldn't be a new club a la Glasgow Rangers Hearts etc etc

Rangers dropped down to the 3rd tier but they are a massive institution in Scotland and there was no chance of them staying down for long. Do you reckon we'll get 10k plus a week in the Northern Conference? Will we be able to spend our way back to Championship level? Will doing so entail the absolute chaos that has engulfed Rangers over the last 4 years? Any watcher of Scottish football will tell you that the goings on at Ibrox make our travails look like a walk in the park. As for Hearts, they didn't go bust as far as I'm aware and, in addition, they have been largely financed by millionaire Anne Budge. Do we have an Anne Budge?

DE

I am not ignoring anything, I just haven't commented on the things you mention.

Archived