BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's : We need a statement of intent for next Season.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said anything about them doing it quickly.

If Rovers fall further in debt which is likely and don't get promoted next season then even a possible promotion the season after next won't pull BRFC anywhere near out the mire..

For me it has to be promotion or bust next season

But in all probability we'll carry on where we left with at least one top goal scorer less and drop a few more league places.. But GB Shaw etc have the club stable and well run According to the Rovers Fans who even they are on the decrease

Can you explain how their Season Ticket pricing policy fits in with kicking back and watching us burn?

The season ticket policy whilst most definitely welcome is born out of desperation to hold onto as many as we can, nothing else. It's all about timing.

If Rovers fall further in debt which is likely and don't get promoted next season then even a possible promotion the season after next won't pull BRFC anywhere near out the mire..

For me it has to be promotion or bust next season

But in all probability we'll carry on where we left with at least one top goal scorer less and drop a few more league places.. But GB Shaw etc have the club stable and well run According to the Rovers Fans who even they are on the decrease

There has been an outbreak of relative peace on here but that could change if the likes of you are going to insist on labelling folk who don't agree with you. Misplaced triumphalism won't help either.

Jesus wept roverzee, I am fairly certain you get the general jist of the post without having to delve into fire destruction time frames.

You're missing the point (deliberately I suspect), because the tone of your post is quite clear.

Your original statement suggests that the owners are intentionally on a path to destroy the football club.

When confronted with the most recent evidence which suggests that they are not, you've been unable to provide any evidence to suggest they are.

You're missing the point (deliberately I suspect), because the tone of your post is quite clear.

Your original statement suggests that the owners are intentionally on a path to destroy the football club.

When confronted with the most recent evidence which suggests that they are not, you've been unable to provide any evidence to suggest they are.

I didn't actually mean intentionally but in reality it can't be ruled out (and that last bit was tongue in cheek so don't even bother)

The second line of the post indicates that they will continue down the path they have been going down since they took over which, as the first line suggests, is to continue to watch the club be destroyed from top to bottom while they do nothing to counter it.

I am not sure how offering Josh King a new contract suggests otherwise considering the money used for the new contract will be added to the monstrous mounting debt.

I can't provide you with evidence that they have intentionally destroyed the club (not that I meant that in the first place) but there is an alarming amount of evidence to show that they have destroyed the club and continue to do so.

You're right roverzee we need to look at the evidence. Let's see now:

- Allowing JA and agencies to influence player signings

- Sacking Big Sam a proven premiership manager

- giving us no funding in the premership - Olsson, and that French striker who was so crap I can't remember his name - great rescue plan that was

- appointing Steeve K**n

- Keeping K**n as manager despite nearly taking us down, taking us down, and everything else

- Keeping a "rogue agent" their words not mine as MD

- having a management structure where the manager is not accountable, and even if he were in the loosest sense of the word it's to the owners - very professional

- letting shabby singh near the club

- 5 managers in 1 season

- keeping GB when he has twice failed to get us promoted. First time was understandable (if lazy), but this season - absolutely bonkers

- on that never appointing anyone who isn't a rookie manager

- no/little communication with the club

- quote from last season setting "no targets" with the management

- allowing us to go into 100 million of debt

Even taking the most recent evidence - say the last season alone which I've highlighted in bold you're hard pressed to think they actually are bothered about us. in fact pretty much all the evidence suggests they don't care or are trying to actually destroy us. Heck even the low ticket prices isn't there idea but one they've simply continued. To use that as a positive for them, or even evidence they are not trying to ruin us is laughable given the weight of other evidence against them that they do NOT have our best interests at heart.

There has been an outbreak of relative peace on here but that could change if the likes of you are going to insist on labelling folk who don't agree with you. Misplaced triumphalism won't help either.

Labelling folk? Read the post it's an assumption of what is likely next season and a very very good one or is that too difficult down under...Please don't bother commenting on Rovers when you obviously know nothing about what's going in Blackburn Lancashire or the UK or even Europe and most likely further afield for that matter

- giving us no funding in the premership - Olsson, and that French striker who was so crap I can't remember his name - great rescue plan that was

- appointing Steeve K**n

- Keeping K**n as manager despite nearly taking us down, taking us down, and everything else

- having a management structure where the manager is not accountable, and even if he were in the loosest sense of the word it's to the owners - very professional

- 5 managers in 1 season

- keeping GB when he has twice failed to get us promoted. First time was understandable (if lazy), but this season - absolutely bonkers

Even taking the most recent evidence - say the last season alone which I've highlighted in bold you're hard pressed to think they actually are bothered about us. in fact pretty much all the evidence suggests they don't care or are trying to actually destroy us. Heck even the low ticket prices isn't there idea but one they've simply continued. To use that as a positive for them, or even evidence they are not trying to ruin us is laughable given the weight of other evidence against them that they do NOT have our best interests at heart.

Brilliant post...how anyone can stick up for Venky's is beyond comprehension

- appointing Steeve K**n

- 5 managers in 1 season

Great post but I wouldn't have bothered mate. It won't go in.

• Backroom

- appointing Steeve K**n

- 5 managers in 1 season

Yeah, but if you forget all that...

Seriously though, as incredible as that list alone is, it's only the tip of the iceberg. During our last couple of years in the Prem under Venky's we had insane things happening almost on a daily basis. Our first season in the Championship was a total cluster@#/? as well.

Short memories indeed.

Labelling folk? Read the post it's an assumption of what is likely next season and a very very good one or is that too difficult down under...Please don't bother commenting on Rovers when you obviously know nothing about what's going in Blackburn Lancashire or the UK or even Europe and most likely further afield for that matter

I've lived in East Lancashire for all but 6 years of my life and, like my family, I'm a life long Rovers supporter. Don't tell me or anybody else what can and can't be posted.

What is it with you and and Australia? Jealous? You should be, you wouldn't get in.

What we do know John is that we had a well run football club with people in charge who acted in the best interests of the club. Anderson, Kean, Singh, Agnew and Shaw (amongst others) were/have only ever been interested in what they could get for themselves. You should show your dad and Andrew the letters to the Indians from Tom Finn and John Williams and latterly from Paul Hunt which imply (and were never legally challenged) that a level of impropriety was evident at Ewood. There is a really good book called Agents, Rovers and Cricket Loving Owners which lays out chronologically the events at our club.

I think that is the crux of the awareness issue. I think everyone knows our owners are idiotic, all agents are dodgy and Steve Kean was a tool, none of which is really earth-shattering. The scale of the impropriety is the issue and that hasn't come out in detail and most likely won't. Unfortunately I think the ignorance will remain and the awareness will decline, as it has already.

I've lived in East Lancashire for all but 6 years of my life and, like my family, I'm a life long Rovers supporter. Don't tell me or anybody else what can and can't be posted.

What is it with you and and Australia? Jealous? You should be, you wouldn't get in.

Read the original post again it wasn't having a go at anyone it was how things will pan out..

Now now Rolf Harris... Back in the day it was only criminals they let in Oz...

FYI I wouldn't have any problems with trade and family

I think that is the crux of the awareness issue. I think everyone knows our owners are idiotic, all agents are dodgy and Steve Kean was a tool, none of which is really earth-shattering. The scale of the impropriety is the issue and that hasn't come out in detail and most likely won't. Unfortunately I think the ignorance will remain and the awareness will decline, as it has already.

Of which Kean got well paid in a top job just for being a tool... Clever unscrupulous people game players in all walks of life use people for their own gains... Very very annoying and frustrating that these people were let anywhere near BRFC

Your last sentence has hit the nail on the head ignorance still remains and awareness is on the decline.. A lot of people didn't want to believe what was going on..

Of which Kean got well paid in a top job just for being a tool... Clever unscrupulous people game players in all walks of life use people for their own gains... Very very annoying and frustrating that these people were let anywhere near BRFC

Your last sentence has hit the nail on the head ignorance still remains and awareness is on the decline.. A lot of people didn't want to believe what was going on..

A lot of people, in fact all but a tiny minority including me, don't know what actually went on in detail. I always thought, and said at the time, the focus on KEAN OUT was a colossal strategic blunder because it created the impression the fans anger was all about a bad manager. Every club has had bad managers so it made the fans look like they were over-reacting and a touch spoilt. The issue was that an unscrupulous agent was running the club, and running Kean, for his own nefarious ends - that should have been the obsessive focus of the protests and might have got people looking more closely.

A lot of people, in fact all but a tiny minority including me, don't know what actually went on in detail. I always thought, and said at the time, the focus on KEAN OUT was a colossal strategic blunder because it created the impression the fans anger was all about a bad manager. Every club has had bad managers so it made the fans look like they were over-reacting and a touch spoilt. The issue was that an unscrupulous agent was running the club, and running Kean, for his own nefarious ends - that should have been the obsessive focus of the protests and might have got people looking more closely.

unfortunately that certain person had power and many of the pundits on his books......

unfortunately that certain person had power and many of the pundits on his books......

Yeah but didn't he have the club rocking once, having spent the entire transfer window at the training ground? Not only that, he worked for nothing too and sent his own son to save us. He perhaps should be nicknamed God, as he sent his son to save us too!

Archived