BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's : We need a statement of intent for next Season.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to get out of the mindset that being 'Lancastrian' is in any way relevant to the success of the football club.

The issue isn't that the owners are Indian or are based on the other side of the world.

The issue is the way those owners have chosen to run the club.

Its NOT all Venkys fault, they were systematically raped and pillaged of their cash by unscrupulous footballing people who saw a quick buck was to be made, that is how I see it.

Expensive mistakes made and harsh lessons learned.

The wrongs are being righted, it wont happen overnight.

Be thankful they still have the club at heart otherwise it would have already folded.

If you can see past that you might just see the light at the end of the tunnel.

• Backroom

Its NOT all Venkys fault, they were systematically raped and pillaged of their cash by unscrupulous footballing people who saw a quick buck was to be made, that is how I see it.

Expensive mistakes made and harsh lessons learned.

The wrongs are being righted, it wont happen overnight.

Be thankful they still have the club at heart otherwise it would have already folded.

If you can see past that you might just see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Let's have a competent management team and boardroom before we start gushing about lessons learned and wrongs being righted.

As it stands we've been transformed from a stable PL team to a mid-table Championship team saddled with increasing debts, an increasingly weakening squad, a rookie manager and under a transfer embargo.

Us be Thankful? No. They should be thankful the fans haven't kicked off properly over the disgraceful demolition job they've enacted upon the club.

Let's have a competent management team and boardroom before we start gushing about lessons learned and wrongs being righted.

As it stands we've been transformed from a stable PL team to a mid-table Championship team saddled with increasing debts, an increasingly weakening squad, a rookie manager and under a transfer embargo.

Us be Thankful? No. They should be thankful the fans haven't kicked off properly over the disgraceful demolition job they've enacted upon the club.

Spot on. Great post.

Also let's be honest all 3 of the things you mention are very redeemable. It's not that difficult to bring in competent football people at management and board level. And it's been proven it's not too hard to avoid FFP. For a bunch who're allegedly getting better, there's still 3 very obvious, and not that difficult, actions they could do to show they have learned lessons. The fact they haven't suggests they aren't learning much.

That might be the basis of your issues mate. There is wood beyond the trees.

I don't expect fans to roll over and suddenly think alls well, it isn't that way with Rovers fans.

You know as I do, the modern day fans have been spoiled rotten with what Uncle Jack did for us, they don't know what it was like away at Colchester or port vale in the mid 70's, they didn't know about the heady nights of the anglo Scottish games where there were less than 3000 fans watching etc etc. They really don't know what it was like surviving the dreaded drop when we had to beat the likes of Sheff Utd just to ensure the cub was around for the next season. Even back then, mistakes were made on the board and within the club.

These owners have not given up, that is clear to see otherwise the would no longer be here. The funds are there otherwise the likes of JR and RG would have been out the door long before the season ended.

There is some hope and I believe (I know you scoff but you always do) the club is on a much sounder footing than it was before.

I know your Rovers passion and JHC I have known you for the best part of 35yrs, I know how stubborn and how crazy you are where BRFC is concerned. I just think that one too many Nelsons and a few too many body slams have caught up with you!!!!

I expect that when BRFC finally return to the promised land (and they will I am sure of that), you will still be there giving it everything you have !

THEY should be thankful there is any fans left. The fact they sat back and let it all unfold whilst it was obvious the club was going to hell leaves me deeply suspicious. They nor the people around them could be that stupid, especially when after huge damage had been done and we were relegated they still sat back and let the charlatans who'd presided over the quick demise then go on and ruin the club for the next four years ffs ! Even IF there wasn't a bit of dodgy intentions on their part there certainly was a huge does of @#/? you arrogance and ignorance on their part.

It seems to me Shaw is following the self preservation line as well now. stop hiding in the shadows and come out and say this stuff in public if you believe it to be true Derek !

Sorry 1864 that's utter tosh, they turned a well run midtable premiership club into a poorly run midtable championship team. It would take rovers winning the champions league for me to even think about forgiving them or accepting them, they deserve no credit only contempt

I feel there's not a right or wrong opinion in this situation.. it's unfortunate that these people (rao's) divide opinion the way that they have. I read both arguments and agree with both arguments.. I can only hope for the best for our club whatever path awaits us in our future.. :brfc:

I don't expect fans to roll over and suddenly think alls well, it isn't that way with Rovers fans.

You know as I do, the modern day fans have been spoiled rotten with what Uncle Jack did for us, they don't know what it was like away at Colchester or port vale in the mid 70's, they didn't know about the heady nights of the anglo Scottish games where there were less than 3000 fans watching etc etc. They really don't know what it was like surviving the dreaded drop when we had to beat the likes of Sheff Utd just to ensure the cub was around for the next season. Even back then, mistakes were made on the board and within the club.

These owners have not given up, that is clear to see otherwise the would no longer be here. The funds are there otherwise the likes of JR and RG would have been out the door long before the season ended.

There is some hope and I believe (I know you scoff but you always do) the club is on a much sounder footing than it was before.

I know your Rovers passion and JHC I have known you for the best part of 35yrs, I know how stubborn and how crazy you are where BRFC is concerned. I just think that one too many Nelsons and a few too many body slams have caught up with you!!!!

I expect that when BRFC finally return to the promised land (and they will I am sure of that), you will still be there giving it everything you have !

I think I understand the point you are trying to make - but they have a long way to go until they have even got us back to square one. Yes things appear to be improving - but there is a long way to go.

To me venkys presence is a continual reminder of where we were and where they have put us. If they stay we are subjected to incompetent decisions including not yet appointing a manager and still no one in the board room that's worth a toss and we will die a slow death to ultimate bankruptcy. If they leave its a quick death.

Unless they start running the club properly (and there's no sign of that happening) there is no good outcome with the venkys hanging around like a bad smell. I would personally still despise the venkys if when they leave we are a solid mid table prem club simply because of the hell of their tenure.

So I'm a pillock then abbey? Why insult me for my own opinion and safety of rovers? and due to location and finances and my health I've been to one game which was this season at home to Blackpool , as I know some rovers fan near me we are planning to go to alot next season

You're a well respected member of this site and I for one really enjoy reading you posts, you talk a lot of sense, but in this instance I have to take issue with much of what you're saying.

We are losing money hand over fist, we are under a transfer embargo, have a manager that doesn't look good enough and players not good enough to take us up.

All that coupled with the fact we have no internal structure, everyone decent has been sacked and paid off and Shelfy apparently running the show, a man that couldn't cut the mustard at lower league dwelling PNE!

My thoughts on Venkys are well documented, the sooner they sod off the better, regardless of the implications.

Not necessarily. Venkys going means administration. Not for me that.

This is another problem under venkys. To have them as owners is a terrible position to be in as they aren't fit for purpose from financially running the club to picking "managers" but the alternative (ie cease to exist) could be worse. I would hope 100% of rovers fans hate the venkys but are then split as to whether it's better to accept dragging along with them in order to have a club or to start again.

I'm in the happy to start again venky free camp but I understand why people are happy to stick with them to avoid a winding up order.

Archived