BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's : We need a statement of intent for next Season.

Not much of a case really. Not one achievement among your list - unless you count re-laying the pitch as a success. Putting plasters on an open fracture is all.

Sorry Stu, I did try to point out to you that it wasn't going to be a vociferous defence of Venkys. I'm not sure what you were expecting to be honest. "Not one achievement among my list" - you're right, I feel somewhat defeated, apologies for thinking that Oyston was a worse owner, thanks for putting me straight.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk of a new club if Venkys drop us in the mire is bunkum for me.

Why would we need to start a new club?

Someone will take over the reigns, lock stock and barrel and the debt will be paid down over time.

We'll not lose the club we know, I'm sure of that.

GET VENKYS OUT NOW!

If it helps here are some of the other things we chatted about.

I suggested using the "webelieve" campaign in trying to get fans back to Ewood Park. The FA Cup game showed the fans are there, are ready to come back to Ewood and that with some positive show from the club, there was a whole lot to gain. I gave him some of my thoughts because if its looked at properly with a fan based strategy, we can see the home crowds improving.

I talked about Season Tickets, the early kit release etc. All responses were positive.

I mentioned debts, outgoings and incomings and he spoke openly about it.

I talked about certain players not being used to their ability, non performances f the team, incompetent displays costing us vital points.

I talked about the pitch and how shocking it is.

I talked about how the club remains long in the past with radio rovers and the pre match build up.

There was whole host of things spoken about which he gave insight to.

I don't suspect for one minute he told me everything but what he did say is corroborated by others (as I have alluded to).

All this talk of a new club if Venkys drop us in the mire is bunkum for me.

Why would we need to start a new club?

Someone will take over the reigns, lock stock and barrel and the debt will be paid down over time.

We'll not lose the club we know, I'm sure of that.

GET VENKYS OUT NOW!

You might be right Gav. You could also be wrong.

Don't tell me that you wouldn't be absolutely @#/? yourself if Venkys chucked the keys in.

Sorry Stu, I did try to point out to you that it wasn't going to be a vociferous defence of Venkys. I'm not sure what you were expecting to be honest. "Not one achievement among my list" - you're right, I feel somewhat defeated, apologies for thinking that Oyston was a worse owner, thanks for putting me straight.

Not sure why you are being so prickly about it. I did say 'technically' but looking at it objectively achievement Oyston has achieved more than Venkys. At least Blackpool fans had an 'up' along the way.

Not sure why you are being so prickly about it. I did say 'technically' but looking at it objectively achievement Oyston has achieved more than Venkys. At least Blackpool fans had an 'up' along the way.

One up, two downs Stu.

Prickly? I gave my opinion, you disagreed, I disagreed, you disagreed again. I've just responded again. It's what makes this place a hot tub of scintillating debate, freedom of expression and cutting edge wit.

Hopefully we can keep this going for a few months, to the point where we've forgotten what we disagreed about (actually I think I have already), I reckon the second week in July will see the first request to take this to "PM", quickly followed by a "can't you two get a room or something" then that'll be swiftly followed by an official conduct warning for me in March 2017 after I post a random picture of a leopard.

One up, two downs Stu.

Prickly? I gave my opinion, you disagreed, I disagreed, you disagreed again. I've just responded again. It's what makes this place a hot tub of scintillating debate, freedom of expression and cutting edge wit.

Hopefully we can keep this going for a few months, to the point where we've forgotten what we disagreed about (actually I think I have already), I reckon the second week in July will see the first request to take this to "PM", quickly followed by a "can't you two get a room or something" then that'll be swiftly followed by an official conduct warning for me in March 2017 after I post a random picture of a leopard.

:lol:

I didn't even really disagree, I was just playing devil's avocado to illustrate just how little Venkys have actually delivered - despite splurging squillions on the club. (The debt is obviously just a financial tool they are using for tax reasons - allegedly).

Here's hoping for more of the old Bob now we are run by New Venkys and we can look forward with hope and optimism. :D

• Backroom

DE

I am not ignoring anything, I just haven't commented on the things you mention.

They are fairly important to comment on, if you're suggesting Venky's have learned from their mistakes, though. They are all huge problems that have not been solved and show no sign of being solved in the near future.

They are fairly important to comment on, if you're suggesting Venky's have learned from their mistakes, though. They are all huge problems that have not been solved and show no sign of being solved in the near future.

What is your take on the debt? Genuine question, I really don't know. I've read that Venkys own the debt and it is ring fenced from the club. Others have tried to debunk that theory, I'm still none the wiser.

No lesser source than Nick Harris has said that Venkys are worth billions. How do you reckon that impacts on our debt situation?

The huge debt, is an ongoing culmination, of ongoing, huge losses. Maybe someone would like to comment on the endgame to all this, rather than continually suggest the debt is no problem?

The huge debt, is an ongoing culmination, of ongoing, huge losses. Maybe someone would like to comment on the endgame to all this, rather than continually suggest the debt is no problem?

Go ahead.

Rangers dropped down to the 3rd tier but they are a massive institution in Scotland and there was no chance of them staying down for long. Do you reckon we'll get 10k plus a week in the Northern Conference? Will we be able to spend our way back to Championship level? Will doing so entail the absolute chaos that has engulfed Rangers over the last 4 years? Any watcher of Scottish football will tell you that the goings on at Ibrox make our travails look like a walk in the park. As for Hearts, they didn't go bust as far as I'm aware and, in addition, they have been largely financed by millionaire Anne Budge. Do we have an Anne Budge?

These were examples as are Bristol city Portsmouth Dunfermline

Go ahead.

There will be but when is anyone's guess

What is your take on the debt? Genuine question, I really don't know. I've read that Venkys own the debt and it is ring fenced from the club. Others have tried to debunk that theory, I'm still none the wiser.

No lesser source than Nick Harris has said that Venkys are worth billions. How do you reckon that impacts on our debt situation?

They maybe but if they're cash rich why borrow in the 1st instance..

These were examples as are Bristol city Portsmouth Dunfermline

There will be but when is anyone's guess

They maybe but if they're cash rich why borrow in the 1st instance..

I'm not sure who it was (Toronto maybe) but someone pointed out that the rich rarely use their own money when they can use somebody else's.

I'm not sure who it was (Toronto maybe) but someone pointed out that the rich rarely use their own money when they can use somebody else's.

Not a banks on interest... 😁

Well, Nick Harris has hardly been a Venkys ally. Is there now doubt as to his findings?

Not doubting him whatsoever.. There's a big difference between asset rich and cash rich..

If cash rich why borrow?

To check the difference just look at the times rich list... If you own property businesses land etc your worth what you're assets value is at time this obviously fluctuates.. If cash rich it's straight cash...

Not doubting him whatsoever.. There's a big difference between asset rich and cash rich..

If cash rich why borrow?

To check the difference just look at the times rich list... If you own property businesses land etc your worth what you're assets value is at time this obviously fluctuates.. If cash rich it's straight cash...

I'm no financial expert which is why the household accounting is left to Mrs H. Venkys wealth status is opaque to say the least to someone like me. Suffice to say that they have been identified as very wealthy people by a reliable source. I don't suppose it takes to much effort to liquidise their assets should the need arise.

All of which takes the wind out of the sails of those who would have us abandoned and bankrupt any time now.

I'm no financial expert which is why the household accounting is left to Mrs H. Venkys wealth status is opaque to say the least to someone like me. Suffice to say that they have been identified as very wealthy people by a reliable source. I don't suppose it takes to much effort to liquidise their assets should the need arise.

All of which takes the wind out of the sails of those who would have us abandoned and bankrupt any time now.

Ask your Mrs to read the accounts thread it doesn't take a mathematical genius to make sense of the situation

No it's not scaremongering there are external debts besides Venky's

Ask your Mrs to read the accounts thread it doesn't take a mathematical genius to make sense of the situation

No it's not scaremongering there are external debts besides Venky's

Ask my Mrs to read a thread on a Message Board about football finances?

Ok

If it helps here are some of the other things we chatted about.

I suggested using the "webelieve" campaign in trying to get fans back to Ewood Park. The FA Cup game showed the fans are there, are ready to come back to Ewood and that with some positive show from the club, there was a whole lot to gain. I gave him some of my thoughts because if its looked at properly with a fan based strategy, we can see the home crowds improving.

I talked about Season Tickets, the early kit release etc. All responses were positive.

I mentioned debts, outgoings and incomings and he spoke openly about it.

I talked about certain players not being used to their ability, non performances f the team, incompetent displays costing us vital points.

I talked about the pitch and how shocking it is.

I talked about how the club remains long in the past with radio rovers and the pre match build up.

There was whole host of things spoken about which he gave insight to.

I don't suspect for one minute he told me everything but what he did say is corroborated by others (as I have alluded to).

Did you speak about the manager ? If so what vibes did you get back ? There seems to be a swerve on this subject.

Ask my Mrs to read a thread on a Message Board about football finances?

Ok

They're rich no doubt but good old Nick is getting his millions and billions mixed up along with the respective currencies of England and India I think :rock:

Archived