BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Suggested Message Board Reorganisation

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It's a basic lack of respect for other's opinions. The lax moderation is partly to blame.

I'd say moderation really shouldn't be needed between supposed adults.

Whether you respect someone's opinion or not isn't really affected by mod presence but just by who you or they are.

Whether you respect someone's opinion or not isn't really affected by mod presence but just by who you or they are.

No, but it means that those with no respect for others are allowed to run riot.

Not convinced that everyone who posts is an adult.

You're not long out of short pants, Mike. :P

• Backroom

I've been away a couple of weeks; checked into the forums to see if I've missed any transfer news and it's just @#/?.

The same few people arguing the man not the point, people suggest wholesale bans but if there was consistency then some more popular members would end up banned in that and then there would be a public outcry.

I'm willing to help where I can but at the moment some threads are unbearable!

• Backroom

The same few people arguing the man not the point, people suggest wholesale bans but if there was consistency then some more popular members would end up banned in that and then there would be a public outcry.

So what? If they've broken the rules, they've broken the rules. It's not like anybody is ignorant of them. Popularity shouldn't matter when it comes to moderating, as it's essentially saying a less popular member could be banned for something a more popular member would get away with.

I appreciate this stance probably comes from ABBEY's banning a while back which caused a commotion, but this is a wholly different situation imo. As long as there is transparency and evidence as to why a banning was appropriate, people would just have to accept it. I think the reason people were angry last time was because it wasn't clear why Abs had been banned when others had committed as bad if not worse crimes and gotten away with it.

People asked for softer moderation and in fairness to the admin/mod team, they've tried. Clearly some posters cannot be trusted with such a system though, and it's just a question of whether the board is allowed to remain at the current level through soft moderation or an attempt at improvement is made through whatever means are required.

• Moderation Lead

The way I see it, as long as it's people are warned that their behaviour will result in a ban, then they continue in the same vein they have no reason to complain if they are subsequently banned.

As long as moderation is fair and crystal clear, then nobody can reasonably complain.

The way I see it, as long as it's people are warned that their behaviour will result in a ban, then they continue in the same vein they have no reason to complain if they are subsequently banned.

As long as moderation is fair and crystal clear, then nobody can reasonably complain.

Thing is, as soon as a fan favourite is banned (e.g. Abbey) there's a free Deirdre Rachid campaign in the Admin section, although to be fair it's usually the same three or four members posting ad nauseam.

• Moderation Lead

Thing is, as soon as a fan favourite is banned (e.g. Abbey) there's a free Deirdre Rachid campaign in the Admin section, although to be fair it's usually the same three or four members posting ad nauseam.

That seemed to be because a clear reason wasn't given and the mods wouldn't give one when pressed. Even if the reason had been valid though, it's unlikely it would have been accepted on here mind!

I do think a warning system and modding could be the way forward. There are plenty who dish it out and a good few who cry victim yet dish it out just as much themselves. I've never got involved in the bickering or name-calling yet I've had a number of snide remarks and petty little insults directed my way, simply because my opinion is in line with some of those who advocate the removal of Bowyer as manager. Plenty of egos on here.

That seemed to be because a clear reason wasn't given and the mods wouldn't give one when pressed. Even if the reason had been valid though, it's unlikely it would have been accepted on here mind!

Do you not think that the reason for the ban should be private between mods and the person who is banned? There can be discussion behind the scenes between the two parties so that things can be resolved. Mod bashing in public helps no one.

I've always thought there should be a 'ban list' on here which details who has been banned, when and for what offence. I'm sure this is easily implemented via the forum software.

Archived