BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Suggested Message Board Reorganisation

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2) And also some kind of quarantined area where anyone who constantly bickers can only post to? Still get to have their say but doesn't ruin everyone's day by having to trawl through the messages on every single bloody thread.

Really good idea this.

Having a low-quality section of the mesageboard where people who can't behave are banished to.

Since the inception of BRFC's the club has been a well run club that has done pretty well for itself. There was nothing worrying to get narked about. Plenty of options on the playing front, plenty of options in the transfer market.

It is hardly surprising that the frustrations of the fanbase now mirrors the shambolic, rudderless, debt riddled, ambition bereft mess that is modern day Ewood. Hence the messageboard reflects the paucity of options to discuss team dynamics and transfers.

The club has never known such a period of uncertainty

It's absolutely true that what happens between fans mirrors what's happening at the club. Were finding it in school now where the petty squabbles and empire building among senior staff mean that general staff are fed up ANC the kids are virtually running riot. Incidents of bullying and minor disruption in lessons has increased 100 fold in the last 6 months.

Tbh if you take away all the bickering and moaning then youd just be left with random speculative posts as nothing factual or offocial comes out of ewood anymore thats worth discussing.

For me the problem with the bickering is just when people go to far and dont know when to stop and it spread over to numerous threads.

We could have something on here like they used to have in the early days of Hip Hop in the South Bronx. if anyone's got something to say about asomeone else they say it and then the other person has a right to reply. We can all vote then who who has won the "battle". Not sure how that would work online but I'm bagsying being KRS-1.

This does work, its been proven in the past.

I hate the thought of banning people, but its a quick fire way of tidying up the site.

You don't need to ban them indefinitely, just 30 days to start with and have some guidlines.

You'd know Gav!

We could have something on here like they used to have in the early days of Hip Hop in the South Bronx. if anyone's got something to say about asomeone else they say it and then the other person has a right to reply. We can all vote then who who has won the "battle". Not sure how that would work online but I'm bagsying being KRS-1.

Can I be Big Pun please?

A bit like Jacko said. 'I'm starting with the Man in the Mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways'.

I think we can drag it back in. If pointing the finger, remember that three point straight back at you. Seld moderation, courtesy and a tad more respect is not asking a lot.

One thing I do find dull. Comments such as Bowyer Hater! Bowyerettes! Trembler? Rovers Fan? No need, we are just discussing things and being pidgeon holed childishly like this is an irritant.

• Backroom

Maybe posting should be anonymous. I say this because people are increasingly reacting to the poster and not to the content. Post well thought out contributions on here and whilst often they are responded to in similar fashion all too frequently they are met with ignorant attempted put downs and infantile quips simply because of the source.

I disagree entirely. Anonymity is what causes these spats imo.

I'm much more likely to be annoyed by content of a username I haven't really met. Whereas the same annoying content could be posted by friends/acquaintances on here and it'd be polite disagreement at worst.

Specifically the likes of Seggie, ABBEY, david brent, adsfortheblues, brfcrule1, Tom M and many others. The above are the people I see on a pretty regular basis.

How about(just as an experiment!) Re-introducing the 'dislike' button to go along side the like?

Yes this may promote a kind of point scoring but its easier for forum browsers to simply overlook a number than its is far them to have to read through the pile posts that aquaite to the same as a simple 'dislike'

I don't mind people arguing about the differing opinions ,

However at times it gets personal ,

Keyboard warriors and that hiding behind alias's .

Let's be frank , when there is no football , no real talking points , then apart from bicker , it's just rehashed points from previous days or weeks from the same people .

Groundhog Day

😂😂😂 for the "tj batty man" name change, at least it shows you mods are alive and your sense of humour is still intact👍👍 i like it cheers(and at least neutral posters will know who this tj is that gets refered to quite often by some posters)

• Moderation Lead

😂😂😂 for the "tj batty man" name change, at least it shows you mods are alive and your sense of humour is still intact👍👍 i like it cheers(and at least neutral posters will know who this tj is that gets refered to quite often by some posters)

You used to post as TJ Newton before didn't you? Not being snide, just simply asking the question!!

I'd guess it's easier referring to you as 'TJ' than your previous username...

for the "tj batty man" name change, at least it shows you mods are alive and your sense of humour is still intact i like it cheers(and at least neutral posters will know who this tj is that gets refered to quite often by some posters)

As one of those relatively neutral posters I must say I quike like it when you were I.must.be.batty

It just seemed accurate ^_^

I dip in and out of the site but it does seem to me that at certain times, certain people use the place to bicker, attention seek or increase their self - worth. I'd suggest they just get out a bit more or buy a few 5000+ piece jigsaws.

Archived