BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Suggested Message Board Reorganisation

That's the second time you've accused me of that Stuart. Considering I took an extended break from here I think perhaps you're being paranoid. I've got no agenda with you or anyone else. I thought you were one who was all for people disagreeing as long as it was discussed in a civil manner. Now you accuse me of what? Picking on you or singling you out? Either way you couldn't be further from the truth. As I told you before, I enjoy your posts. It's just on this occasion I felt you made sweeping statements about two members on here. Unless you know them personally (and very well) then your assumptions were misguided. As for any effect on Maj's real life, well I didn't make any comment about that. If he's suffered personally because of any activity on here then I feel for him. As I said, he seemed like a thoroughly decent bloke when I chatted to him. Nobody wants that for anyone on here. It was a point I argued about the treatment of chaddy. Nobody knows how constant criticism can affect people in the real world.

It was simply an observation. You rarely comment on my posts these days except to pull me up.

Chaddy's a good sort. I have tangled with him in the past but I like to think I understand him better these days. He still should expect to come in for some flak though if he does 180s on his opinion with little or no reason.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I'm going to use some initiative and try to roll out my fight it out option.

Blueboy, Stuart, could you please both PM me your postcodes so I can look into finding somewhere in the middle for you two to fight it out.

It was simply an observation. You rarely comment on my posts these days except to pull me up.

Chaddy's a good sort. I have tangled with him in the past but I like to think I understand him better these days. He still should expect to come in for some flak though if he does 180s on his opinion with little or no reason.

I rarely post at all. I got so sick of getting embroiled in bullshit arguments. Oh the irony eh! I asked numerous mods to shut my account but never got a reply. Then week by week I found myself returning for some reason. I'll be sure to think twice before I pull you up on anything again. But rest assured it's not personal and it's not deliberate.

Okay I'm going to use some initiative and try to roll out my fight it out option.

Blueboy, Stuart, could you please both PM me your postcodes so I can look into finding somewhere in the middle for you two to fight it out.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhush ! 1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB

I rarely post at all. I got so sick of getting embroiled in bullshit arguments. Oh the irony eh! I asked numerous mods to shut my account but never got a reply. Then week by week I found myself returning for some reason. I'll be sure to think twice before I pull you up on anything again. But rest assured it's not personal and it's not deliberate.

Hotel California this

• Backroom

Thing is blueboy (and I think you're alright) it WOULD cause Maj problems. Some of the stuff he told us was contractually private between him and a club he worked with. If his name was revealed (I know him on an acquaintance basis after he devised a diet plan to go with running for me) he would lose credibility with clubs he works with.

Stop it lads. 8 pages of trying to mend something that aint broke. I repeat that there is nothing wrong with this messageboard. Yes there are arguments and likes and dislikes but it's all part of life's rich pageant. Keeps things interesting and worth reading. It would be boring if we all agreed.

We don't always agree with Gordon or Jim but remember how bland it was when they weren't posting.

Leave well alone.

I believe there are still a few people around Al who think Betamax is fine too! You obviously like the board the way it is but the ever declinging number of active contributors says there are many who don't. The bickering to interesting ratio has worsened dramatically imo such that it's rarely worth the time to read most of the threads. Not unlike Ewood attendances declining because the football is boring

Thing is blueboy (and I think you're alright) it WOULD cause Maj problems. Some of the stuff he told us was contractually private between him and a club he worked with. If his name was revealed (I know him on an acquaintance basis after he devised a diet plan to go with running for me) he would lose credibility with clubs he works with.

Not sure i understand. What would cause him problems, and why is that relevant to me?

The board hasn't changed, the posting climate has. There have always been personality clashes and there always will be. Generally speaking though, if we were all booking flights for the UEFA away games everyone would be a bit happier.

The fortunes of the club are on the wane, and so is the patience of the fans and it shows on here.

I believe there are still a few people around Al who think Betamax is fine too! You obviously like the board the way it is but the ever declinging number of active contributors says there are many who don't. The bickering to interesting ratio has worsened dramatically imo such that it's rarely worth the time to read most of the threads. Not unlike Ewood attendances declining because the football is boring

I respect your opinion but if you want a bland messageboard I suggest you try the mother's union. This is a football forum and people are going to argue. It happens on all of them. Please leave it alone a lot of us have a different opinion to you.

• Backroom

Not sure i understand. What would cause him problems, and why is that relevant to me?

He made public on here several times, a fitness method he devised in conjunction with another professional for a club he was working for.

He was obliged to keep that between the parties involved, but discussed it on here in order to be informative re: Rovers' methods.

If his name is linked to his username (and the posts involved) it may have repercussions and the information given was done so in trust of those on the mb.

What it has to do with you is to have some common decency not to cause him career-related issues just because you disagree with him over the interwebz.

He made public on here several times, a fitness method he devised in conjunction with another professional for a club he was working for.

He was obliged to keep that between the parties involved, but discussed it on here in order to be informative re: Rovers' methods.

If his name is linked to his username (and the posts involved) it may have repercussions and the information given was done so in trust of those on the mb.

What it has to do with you is to have some common decency not to cause him career-related issues just because you disagree with him over the interwebz.

WTF are you on about? Decency? i never brought him up, Stuart did, in order to have a dig at me. But i will defend myself when people start making shyte up.

Again, how have I caused him career-related issues? If his career was affected by posting on here then why do it? PM me your answer cos i aint going to discuss him anymore, mainly because he isn't around to defend himself. That, my friend, is common decency.

• Backroom

WTF are you on about? Decency? i never brought him up, Stuart did, in order to have a dig at me. But i will defend myself when people start making shyte up.

Again, how have I caused him career-related issues? If his career was affected by posting on here then why do it? PM me your answer cos i aint going to discuss him anymore, mainly because he isn't around to defend himself. That, my friend, is common decency.

If you didn't mention him then I owe you an apology. It's hard to keep up with the mess on here at times.

I think he posted it simply to be informative for us :)

I bet she knows what the plan is

No sugar in the tea at Brockhall, everyone is sweet enough. Builders tea needed for this lot next season and a shot of brandy or whatever gets him angry into Bowyers please.

As people seem determined to quote him and he is accusing me of lying. I should point out that I've made nothing up.

Hopefully that's the last I need to say on the matter. Except to say that Maj is owed an apology.

As people seem determined to quote him and he is accusing me of lying. I should point out that I've made nothing up.

Hopefully that's the last I need to say on the matter. Except to say that Maj is owed an apology.

So am I.... by Majiball! He left in unseemly haste without making one.

btw..... I think this effect frequently applies on here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/06/14/alex-salmond-sexist-comment_n_7580620.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk5%26pLid%3D358416

• Moderation Lead

Not trying to be cute, but what is he owed an apology for? Not saying he wasn't provoked, as I can't remember the thread entirely, and there certainly seemed to be plenty of provocation......Plenty of others have been provoked by the poster in question and not spread (no pun intended) that filth on here.

As ever, there's fault on both sides, I feel it's a bit short sighted to play favourites.....

Lax moderation has allowed trolling and deliberate winding up to take place freely and shouldn't have in my opinion, but that's another matter entirely. I can't remember who it was that said it about 'imagine posts were said to you by your best mate'- good suggestion though.

I respect your opinion but if you want a bland messageboard I suggest you try the mother's union. This is a football forum and people are going to argue. It happens on all of them. Please leave it alone a lot of us have a different opinion to you.

That was my point Al. The same dozen people arguing endlessly on every thread about I don't know or care what is exceptionally boring. But each to their own.

I don't wish to nitpick, but if something is contractually confidential, then announcing it on a public website under a psuedonym breaches that confidentiality. It was the info that was confidential, not the poster.

You can't really blame someone for reading it and saying something along the lines of' "Hang on, aren't you that bloke..." as the poster's background is relevent to the provenance of the info.

If there were any career-related issues then he needs to look in the mirror for the source.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) that entire thread is now gone so we can't see the end to end saga of it. I'm pretty sure Abbey was told more from the person who banned him than was let on in the thread. The outcry ensued only because a vocal few decided it wasn't right to ban a long term poster who brings so much joy to the site. This resulted in everyone jumping on the band wagon.

Just back from download .. And the reason I was banned for life was because I posted a picture of a cuckoo .

Any how's it's been good away from here and I am going to go read only mode for s bit ... Can't be be arsed with a few on here anymore to be honest .

Just back from download .. And the reason I was banned for life was because I posted a picture of a cuckoo .

Any how's it's been good away from here and I am going to go read only mode for s bit ... Can't be be arsed with a few on here anymore to be honest .

How's that life ban getting on? ;) Cuckoos in themselves are not overly offensive. Unless your bringing up their off-springs I guess. Perhaps you insinuated someone was stark raving bonkers?

There's been peace and harmony everywhere on the board in your absence. Honest.

Archived