BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Leaves! Hurrah!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who else do we need to get shut of?

Nobody. The pay offs might take a while to get through the system but on the assumption that our business in the last two years has been sensible then there is nobody at the club bar Rhodes on unsustainable wages, and thus we must be compliant.

It is taking the mick if our squad of 19, of which 17-18 are on Championship salaries, cannot be compliant, whilst Derby go round signing Darren Bent and Tom Ince for millions and get away with it.

If we are permitted £8 million losses per year then Rhodes being the only big earner is affordable.

One big reason why I feel I am slowly but surely losing interest in this once beautiful game.

P!ss Pot average players earning an obscene Kings ransom.

I couldn't agree more, tied in with the fact somebody like Venkys can roll up and kill everything that a club has worked so hard to maintain I'm fast losing interest in the game on the whole.

I will still always get my season ticket and follow all things Rovers but in terms of football on the whole I think I watched 4-5 non Rovers matches on TV last season and I can see it being even less this time. Too much money to too few teams leading to vastly over paid distinctly average footballers has sapped my love for the game, each to their own I suppose!

Look likes they've shelled out another pretty penny to get rid.....meant to be successful business people - couldn't run a bath let alone a once proud football club........

How would you have gone about shipping him out without incurring any expense?

I don't think we can come out of it until Jan? or something like that. Rhodes must be the only big earner on the WB at least he earns it

Problem is that if I was gestede's agent I'd want at least parity. Rhodes remuneration makes for a line in the sand for other players.

A bit like the clause written into shearer's contract giving him a 100 k pay rise when Chris Sutton signed.

The next opportunity is November to get it lifted for January. If we don't get it lifted then someone, whether that is Shaw or the Football League, will have some explaining to do.

If I were the owners after the money that has been spewed these past 5 years I'd be quite happy about the embargo. I'd at least be able to sleep nights!

There are however lots of clubs out there who by necessity and good housekeeping impose their own embargo. We rarely hesr about those but they are surely to be admired. maybe the way forward to impose a version of ffp is to introduce a gearing which would put amount of debt of each and every through a formula and add or subtract points at the beginning of the season accordingly. Be clean, simple and honest but the down side would see it unfortunately work against small clubs like us with poor support and low gate receipts. But then again that is exactly what has been going on in British football since the 1960's.

Who signed the turdo in the first place (I honestly can't remember).

Anyhow, I am going to chomp on a nice beef sausage later to celebrate.

Kean. I wonder when its all reckoned up exactly how much Best's time here has been worth to him and the Fat Controller? At a wild guess and based on a 5% skim that would have yielded in excess of half a million.

Who signed the turdo in the first place (I honestly can't remember).

Anyhow, I am going to chomp on a nice beef sausage later to celebrate.

Kean and Shebby.

wonder how much they cost Rovers with those signings made during the summer?

Who else do we need to get shut of?

There's a whole heap of chicken @#/? in Pune - need to get H&S involved as the stink permeates to Blackburn.

Chaddy please just discuss best leaving (2015)on this thread . Do not take it off l topic, you bollock others for doing this .

Good try. I wish you luck.

Kean. I wonder when its all reckoned up exactly how much Best's time here has been worth to him and the Fat Controller? At a wild guess and based on a 5% skim that would have yielded in excess of half a million.

Not too bad and based on a complete @#/? footballer. Can I have a job?

Looking back, Best obviously thought he was going to top dog when he joined. Signing Rhodes pushed his nose out of joint and his wanksta ego couldn't handle playing second fiddle.

Best although being a tool also knew that his scoring ability against the likes of Rhodes was - whats the word - s hit... but Best had already got the gravy imo

Chaddy please just discuss best leaving (2015)on this thread . Do not take it off l topic, you bollock others for doing this .

Abbey, it is part of the Best discussion and cost us roughly 11 million in terms of Transfer fee paid and wages paid in 3 years and the pay off. Complete waste of money

Hope this answer your point ;):D:brfc:

no the discussion is best LEAVING !! nothing else. He doesn't play for us anymore according to your logic in the cricket thread ,we should no longer discuss him. I don't agree with you but they are your words. You really do operate on double standards,the problem is you don't remember what your chuffing standards are. I shall leave it at that .

• Moderation Lead

Problem is though, it's difficult for threads to stay on topic, as it's even more difficult to talk about Leon Best without talking about him and Kean ripping us off.....As for Shebby, well, he was about around then wasn't he?

God knows what he did, apart from embarrassing himself and the club though!

I know that you know that K but Chaddy keeps being Chaddy and pretends he's a mod and issues bollickings out for not keeping threads on topic . It's either he's completely do lally and doesn't know he's doing it or he's just on a wind up .

I know that you know that K but Chaddy keeps being Chaddy and pretends he's a mod and issues bollickings out for not keeping threads on topic . It's either he's completely do lally and doesn't know he's doing it or he's just on a wind up .

Issues bollickings? not at all. just making politely comments.

Also Abbey I will leave you to the wind up's. not really me tbh.

Any more comments I will make through PM's Abbey(don't want to wreck the threads)

Archived