BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Leaves! Hurrah!

Issues bollickings? not at all. just making politely comments.

Also Abbey I will leave you to the wind up's. not really me tbh.

Any more comments I will make through PM's Abbey(don't want to wreck the threads)

As long as you get the last word

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on people, we are adults, aren't we?

Best was a terrible buy and it seems a bit of a tw£@ but he's also a human being. Why did he act so badly? It doesn't come from nowhere.

I know he's made a lot of money but it doesn't buy you happiness. He's had a @#/? 3 years, he was quite good at Newcastle for a bit. He came here for the money but also presumed it'd only be for a season and he'd bring us back up as a hero. He did have talent and was a pretty decent player... Did the very serious injury affect him so much (mentally and physically) that it knocked him down a big not in ability?

Was he treated badly in his second season by the manager or the club? When someone acts so badly it's not for no reason, and it's not all because of 'the fam'.

Glad to see him gone I just think the reason he was so awful here is down to the injury, him, the managers and the club.

Best was a terrible buy and it seems a bit of a tw£@ but he's also a human being. Why did he act so badly? It doesn't come from nowhere.

I know he's made a lot of money but it doesn't buy you happiness. He's had a @#/? 3 years, he was quite good at Newcastle for a bit. He came here for the money but also presumed it'd only be for a season and he'd bring us back up as a hero. He did have talent and was a pretty decent player... Did the very serious injury affect him so much (mentally and physically) that it knocked him down a big not in ability?

Was he treated badly in his second season by the manager or the club? When someone acts so badly it's not for no reason, and it's not all because of 'the fam'.

Glad to see him gone I just think the reason he was so awful here is down to the injury, him, the managers and the club.

Whilst I get your point, he had two loan spells last season and one the season before and none of them wanted anything more to do with him. In fact he was booed off the pitch at Brighton and subsequently had his loan cancelled all of which had nothing to do with Rovers, actually all his loans gave him a potential "out" of here.

So I agree maybe the treatment of him in some cases was bad, but when the opportunity has arisen for him to do something for himself to end his apparent nightmare here he has done no where near enough to get a move. When Leon Best had the chance to help Leon Best he didn't do enough

I won't even start on his social media rants and general attitude!

Abbey Admittedly I didn't see that much of him but it was just the general impression I had from MOTD and 5live chat, didn't he lead Newcastle's line for a couple of months whilst others were injured the season before he came here? I thought he'd done a decent job of it but obviously others know better...

Cesus He's obviously lost it, a bit physically maybe and a lot mentally for sure, just saying that it's not all on him and he's acted terribly but he's also had a @#/? time.

Let's face it Best has probably wanted paying off for a long time hence the not great attitude, nor much effort when he's been made to go on loan knowing no one will buy him anyway whether he bust a gut or not. A season or two ago he's seen the others signed when he was handsomely paid off and free to go elsewhere and steal more money from someone so he probably thought he'd be in for the same thing and has sulked ever since. A tawt of the highest order.

Flipping heck! Even when we get the very occasional thing right we still manage to p*ss off fans - myself included.

The article states:

The club thanks Leon for his work and dedication during his time at Ewood Park and wishes him all the best for the future.
Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/rovers-leon-best-2533650.aspx#Ijb6RmSQydqG4JCW.99
What work? What dedication? What's the point in a communications officer if the one piece of decent news this summer is managed to be portrayed in a manner that insults and winds up the fans? A total loser and utterly odious piece of work who's been disruptive to the squad moral. And he gets thanked????
The club is losing touch with reality more and more each day.

• Backroom

Flipping heck! Even when we get the very occasional thing right we still manage to p*ss off fans - myself included.

The article states:

The club thanks Leon for his work and dedication during his time at Ewood Park and wishes him all the best for the future.

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/rovers-leon-best-2533650.aspx#Ijb6RmSQydqG4JCW.99

What work? What dedication? What's the point in a communications officer if the one piece of decent news this summer is managed to be portrayed in a manner that insults and winds up the fans? A total loser and utterly odious piece of work who's been disruptive to the squad moral. And he gets thanked????

The club is losing touch with reality more and more each day.

Have you not read the last 6 pages?

Best news for ages. Him and Orr are by far my most hated Rovers players.

I take it you weren't around in 1960, Frosty. Hated players? Maybe.

But no-one will be as hated as Derek Dougan for me.

Mind you, some players like Best and Orr have put in a good challenge for the title. But they don't come anywhere near IMO.

Sorry for replying to a page one post but I've only just read through the whole thread and when I read comments which include "most hated player at Rovers" I have to respond.

Did Dougan ever defend the manager on live TV who had systematically pillaged the club and sent it down?

This whilst blaming the fans for the faults on the pitch. I think Best is a waster but I know whom my least favourite player of all time is.

We massively overpaid for his abilities as we did for Murphy and Etohu and so many others. Best had the putrid stench of Kean and Anderson about him. nuff said.

Did Dougan ever defend the manager on live TV who had systematically pillaged the club and sent it down?

This whilst blaming the fans for the faults on the pitch. I think Best is a waster but I know whom my least favourite player of all time is.

No such thing as live TV back then JB. In fact there were only two channels back then! However as far as I am concerned two wrongs will never make a right. ;)

Exactly ...wow I agree with a jzzz post

We massively overpaid for his abilities as we did for Murphy and Etohu and so many others. Best had the putrid stench of Kean and Anderson about him. nuff said.

No such thing as live TV back then JB. In fact there were only two channels back then! However as far as I am concerned two wrongs will never make a right. ;)

It was before my time, but Dougan has to be up there for me. The transfer request newspaper interview on the morning of the FA Cup final was bad enough. Pretending to be fit , when he wasn't short changed the whole town, as well as his tem mates. I know Duggie never forgave him for lying about his fitness.

As regards, the tickets/black market stuff, I don't know if he was one of the players involved...others might....

I once flicked through a Derek Dougan book in Waterstones and the bit I read about Rovers and Blackburn was quite uncomplementary from him. Before my time but from what I've heard he sounded a bit of a selfish chancer ?

Back on topic!

Best getting sent off at Watford Away in a 5 minute cameo appearance(!) did it for me.

Fishy circumstances ,stank of some kind of betting conspiracy(allegedly),never got any focus and he has p***ed around ever since. Probably lost the love of playing at Rovers but he was probably sold a different and positive scenario.

Archived