BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Leaves! Hurrah!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In hope his career is well and truly over but the tit will probably get someone to give him a couple of grand a week if he can be assed get out of bed for it. Kind of hope he gets a Champ club if so, would be nice to see him make an appearance on the Ewood pitch again............................ :angry:

Great news. Total pond life. Very glad he's gone as he was leaving a bad smell everywhere. Best reflects very poorly on his profession both as a player and an ambassador.

On the pitch, injuries didn't help and neither did the managerial merry go round. His shocking first touch wasn't a blessing either.

Rovers would like to thank him for his work and dedication?

As others have said this wording must be part of his settlement. Suprised he didn't insist on being described as a legend.

Has anyone considered hat Best probably made the "testimonial" a condition of agreeing to leave so that he can refer it to any other club stupid enough to consider taking him on?

It was one of the first things I considered, but then I decided I was probably being silly. But given how many people have suggested it...at the least, it tells us how arrogant and self-centred we all perceive him to be.

Leon Best 16 appearances 2 goals

Cost 3m - 4 year contract @30k = 6m total cost 9m or 4.5m per Goal

Dickson Etuhu 24 appearances 1 goal

Cost 1.5m 4 year contract @30k = 6m total cost = 7.5m

That's 16m plus spunked on just TWO players and 40 appearances!! When you factor in the likes of Ribero and Anderson earning 15k pw it's pretty easy to see where the money has gone.

Well at least he's gone!! I do wonder where he'll end up. Probably league 1. Can't see a championship club taking a chance on him after his "performance" the last seasons.

Or maybe he'll do like Orr and retire officially. Anyways, he's not our problem anymore.

It was one of the first things I considered, but then I decided I was probably being silly. But given how many people have suggested it...at the least, it tells us how arrogant and self-centred we all perceive him to be.

Percieve is the major word there. No fans know how he was felt about within the club, same with cairney..

Percieve is the major word there. No fans know how he was felt about within the club, same with cairney..

He's been 4th, 5th, 6th striker, can't make a match day squad, dumped on loan to whoever is stupid enough to have him and now paid off to go. I perceive we didn't like him much.

ROVERS THANKING LEON BEST FOR HIS HARD WORK IS LIKE B&Q THANKING FRED WEST FOR BUYING BUILDING MATERIAL FROM THEM!!!!!

Would you rather he had stayed and not been thanked? Or if we saved money in the pay-off by thanking him would you rather we not and paid him more?

Best leaving is great news

CHRIST ALMIGHTY ....GO ON SHOW ME, QUOTE ME OR TWIST IT TO WHERE I HAVE SAID I WANTED HIM TO STAY FFS.

Your getting angrier and angrier. I asked a jokey question to a different member last week and you accused me of bullying.

He asked you a question. He didn't say you had written anything. He is simply pointing out that in this severance package the acknowledgement probably helped the club as well as Best. Much as it grates.

Peace.

If you want to see the slimy Scottish toad click here. Best ain't the brightest.

Looking back, Best obviously thought he was going to top dog when he joined. Signing Rhodes pushed his nose out of joint and his wanksta ego couldn't handle playing second fiddle.

Thank God he's gone, about @#/? time. Seriously though, thanks for all his dedication and best wishes for the future, the nob head doesn't even deserve that much. Cost us about £10m overall including his wages, total waste of money. Utter scum

Leon Best 16 appearances 2 goals

Cost 3m - 4 year contract @30k = 6m total cost 9m or 4.5m per Goal

Dickson Etuhu 24 appearances 1 goal

Cost 1.5m 4 year contract @30k = 6m total cost = 7.5m

That's 16m plus spunked on just TWO players and 40 appearances!!

One big reason why I feel I am slowly but surely losing interest in this once beautiful game.

P!ss Pot average players earning an obscene Kings ransom.

• Backroom

Looking back, Best obviously thought he was going to top dog when he joined. Signing Rhodes pushed his nose out of joint and his wanksta ego couldn't handle playing second fiddle.

If he hadn't gotten injured Rhodes probably wouldn't have been signed at all. I wonder how many Leon would have bagged in comparison? Significantly less I'd wager, and as a result we may have done a Wolves and double-dropped.

If he hadn't gotten injured Rhodes probably wouldn't have been signed at all. I wonder how many Leon would have bagged in comparison? Significantly less I'd wager, and as a result we may have done a Wolves and double-dropped.

Kean would also probably have paired him with another expensive donkey on a long term contract who would need paying off as well around now. Maybe that's what people mean when they say it could be worse ! Thank god for Rhodes :)

Archived