BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Extra ! Extra ! Read All About It !

I see the tide of opinion is turning on the refugee crisis then. As people slowly start to realise its anything but. 80% aren't from Syria, the majority aren't refugees. And a crisis implies an end point, while the numbers point to it being a permanent fixture, 3,000 per day entering Europe and rising. Maybe the Continuous Migration issue would be a better name.

So the welcome migrants brigade with their "Look at me! Look at me! Aren't I wonderful!" signs have gone quiet, Germany has started shutting its borders, and central Europe has its head in its hands. Once again the political left have invited/demanded us all to enthusiastically welcome in a total mess waiting to happen.

And to be honest it was all so blindingly obvious this was gonna happen that its not even worth an I told you so from people who were warning against it from the start. We're always telling the do-gooder brigade so, but nothing must detract from them advertising about how much good they're doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else on here got a VW EA189 Diesel engine in their car?

http://www.autoexpre...car-is-affected

VW, Audi and Skoda in Aus are keeping stum at the moment apart from withdrawing from sale cars with this engine type, but reading about it on the web looking like my car is one of those with the dodgy software.

Makes you wonder if any other companies have gone down the same route

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3259067/It-s-not-just-VW-Official-tester-claims-four-diesel-car-giants-break-toxic-emissions-limit.html

Edit: Mods/Admin can you delete the New topic that I started about this , couldn't find the news thread at first :)

Yep :(

Just paid my road tax for the year though (£30). There has been talk of compensation, which would do nicely though!

Will be interesting to see what happens, if they just do a software update/removal, will effect mpg , performance and resale value.

Already one of the big Aus law firms is accepting expressions of interest in a possible class action if Au models are involved http://www.mauriceblackburn.com.au/current-class-actions/volkswagen-class-action-investigation, no doubt same happening in the UK

Anybody else on here got a VW EA189 Diesel engine in their car?

http://www.autoexpre...car-is-affected

VW, Audi and Skoda in Aus are keeping stum at the moment apart from withdrawing from sale cars with this engine type, but reading about it on the web looking like my car is one of those with the dodgy software.

Makes you wonder if any other companies have gone down the same route

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3259067/It-s-not-just-VW-Official-tester-claims-four-diesel-car-giants-break-toxic-emissions-limit.html

Edit: Mods/Admin can you delete the New topic that I started about this , couldn't find the news thread at first :)

VW UK called me last night and confirmed that the engine in my 4 month old Tiguan is one of the engines affected.

Sticky bum time for Lookers Preston !

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34547523

Wondering where the mass outrage and condemnation is around the country at the genocidal behaviour of Palestinians of late. The BBC just about deign to have it on their website, while if the situation was reversed you can guarantee it would be plastered all over their front page.

This is the type of thing that people ignore when condemning an Israeli army incursion into the West Bank or a similar operation. Weeks and months of violent provocation.

• Moderation Lead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34547523

Wondering where the mass outrage and condemnation is around the country at the genocidal behaviour of Palestinians of late. The BBC just about deign to have it on their website, while if the situation was reversed you can guarantee it would be plastered all over their front page.

This is the type of thing that people ignore when condemning an Israeli army incursion into the West Bank or a similar operation. Weeks and months of violent provocation.

Most people don't know anything about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, let alone who's to blame. In general I like to give any view on the matter a wide berth, as it's pretty complicated!

Most people don't know anything about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, let alone who's to blame. In general I like to give any view on the matter a wide berth, as it's pretty complicated!

And yet we have an abandoned house next to Tesco in Blackburn with anti-Israel slogans plastered all over it. Its literally unbelievable that the council haven't ripped all that down. And I think I'll just about be able to hold in my nausea the next time I see a "Support Palestine" bumper sticker. Oh yeah, support a country with a sizeable violent minority of knife-wielding racists, who continually vote in terrorist organisations to govern them.

• Moderation Lead

And yet we have an abandoned house next to Tesco in Blackburn with anti-Israel slogans plastered all over it. Its literally unbelievable that the council haven't ripped all that down. And I think I'll just about be able to hold in my nausea the next time I see a "Support Palestine" bumper sticker. Oh yeah, support a country with a sizeable violent minority of knife-wielding racists, who continually vote in terrorist organisations to govern them.

I've found that a lot of the people who are pro-Palestine just support it on religious grounds out of some blind loyalty/solidarity without being in possession of the facts.

(All IMO of course).

• Moderation Lead

It's called brainwashing K-Hod,

except for the ones that don't have a brain, then it's called radicalization

There's an element of brainwashing in all cultures, whether that pertains to football, politics or religion in this case.

Radicalisation to me, just targets the weak and gives them something to belong to. Much like the EDL/BNP etc.

• Backroom

Jordan has a lot of Palestinians, I think they say they have more Palestinians than Jordanians.

I was just joshing. Tbh I know nothing of it. Be nice if there could just be ceasefire and people allowed to live there regardless of religion.

I was just joshing. Tbh I know nothing of it. Be nice if there could just be ceasefire and people allowed to live there regardless of religion.

Amen to that, not just there but in the rest of the world. It's when people try to force their religion on others that there are problems and I don't exclude Christianity from that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived