BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Extra ! Extra ! Read All About It !

Islamic State have claimed responsibility for the attack and say that France will remain the top target.

What's the deal with France? Surely the US would be the main country they would have beef with?

Could it be because France has a greater percentage of muslims than any other major western country. With such a sleeping army already in place where better to kick off a civil war which could then spread across Europe?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of my missus was at the Bataclan last night. Their account is harrowing. Indiscriminate executions of concertgoers. I have a strange, nagging guilt that this shocks me so much more than hearing about the plethora of atrocities committed in the name of (all) religions, belief systems and doctrines on a daily basis, the world over. But the 11th arrondissement is very similar to the area of London that I live in and imagining that this could have happened right on my doorstep is truly shocking. What I don't understand (and didn't understand about the Charloe Hebdo attack) is how anyone can get hold of an AK-47 assault rifle, as well as the ammunition required for it. If that's possible, how do you mitigate the risk of this occurring over and over again without essentially turning a country into a police state?

There really aren't any words, such is the complexity of this problem. There will always be terrible human beings in our world and it sometimes feels like there is little we can do about that.

This is the worse of the recent attacks but there have been a number of these in different countries,

2-3 Saturdays ago, Kurdish rally bombed in Turkey.

Russian airliner went down.

Bombing in Beirut Lebanon suburb, Thursday.

Paris, yesterday.

They will hit wherever they can from what I can see.

Wonderful speech from Hollande this morning.

Watching the Lord Mayor's Parade going ahead in London one has to be struck by the apparent low level of security. I'm sure security is very high but good to see its not obvious or impacting everyday life.

Could it be because France has a greater percentage of muslims than any other major western country. With such a sleeping army already in place where better to kick off a civil war which could then spread across Europe?

kHOD:

Open discussion will always be allowed, as long as it's within the guidelines. Blatantly racist comments won't, but then they aren't accepted anywhere and with good reason. I.E 'All Muslims this, all Muslims that'. Not only will it offend Muslim posters on here, it's just wide of the mark. There's no one size fits all for this, it's like saying all white people follow the EDL...

Whoever is responsible for this attack needs to be punished by any means necessary as far as I'm concerned. All anyone else bar these goons wants is to get on with their lives in peace.

Do you not think the authorities are trying to deny the nut jobs a platform ?

Best way forward is eradicate them

Sadly I find myself beginning to think that way.

That's a fair point, just seemed strange that they would target France when really its the US that are leading the fight against them in Syria/Iraq.

kHOD:

Open discussion will always be allowed, as long as it's within the guidelines. Blatantly racist comments won't, but then they aren't accepted anywhere and with good reason. I.E 'All Muslims this, all Muslims that'. Not only will it offend Muslim posters on here, it's just wide of the mark. There's no one size fits all for this, it's like saying all white people follow the EDL...

Whoever is responsible for this attack needs to be punished by any means necessary as far as I'm concerned. All anyone else bar these goons wants is to get on with their lives in peace.

Sadly I find myself beginning to think that way.

Don't feel guilty about how you feel either, you cannot negotiate with these scum bags, look how they are murdering their "own" kind in the pursuit of some medieval ideology.

Cameron etc are right to not allow immigrants into the country under the current circumstances, how many have managed to slip through the net so far. How confident would you be shopping in London, Manchester Birmingham etc at the moment.

We are seeing a free for all in the rest of the EU thanks to Merkel saying it is open house for immigrants.

A friend of my missus was at the Bataclan last night. Their account is harrowing. Indiscriminate executions of concertgoers. I have a strange, nagging guilt that this shocks me so much more than hearing about the plethora of atrocities committed in the name of (all) religions, belief systems and doctrines on a daily basis, the world over. But the 11th arrondissement is very similar to the area of London that I live in and imagining that this could have happened right on my doorstep is truly shocking. What I don't understand (and didn't understand about the Charloe Hebdo attack) is how anyone can get hold of an AK-47 assault rifle, as well as the ammunition required for it. If that's possible, how do you mitigate the risk of this occurring over and over again without essentially turning a country into a police state?

There really aren't any words, such is the complexity of this problem. There will always be terrible human beings in our world and it sometimes feels like there is little we can do about that.

I think you've hit the nail on the head right there.

That would seem to be the agenda of those "working in the shadows".

Awful distressing events. Since 9/11 no one can pretend to be surprised. Our security forces have been expecting such and have been on red alert for quite some time now but the entire system has sought to suppress debate in the vain hope that if we ignore evil it will go away. The censorship mechanism working within the govt and the press and media will be working overtime today. I doubt open discussion will be allowed on here for very long either.

Again, the media is a massive tool of those "working in the shadows".

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/paris-attacks-jason-manfords-facebook-6830456

Don't feel guilty about how you feel either, you cannot negotiate with these scum bags, look how they are murdering their "own" kind in the pursuit of some medieval ideology.

Cameron etc are right to not allow immigrants into the country under the current circumstances, how many have managed to slip through the net so far. How confident would you be shopping in London, Manchester Birmingham etc at the moment.

We are seeing a free for all in the rest of the EU thanks to Merkel saying it is open house for immigrants.

I think there are reasons why one might feel guilty at considering thoughts of eradicating IS. However if intelligence is good enough to confidently target Jihadi John it may be we have to look much deeper in to this type of action. I don't know. France is a country I love, some of my oldest and dearest friends are French and their kids, who grew up with mine, live in Paris.

I can't agree with other aspects of your post as I don't believe the overwhelming majority of the Muslim world support these actions.

As for shopping, travel etc. I'll continue to go anywhere in the world I wish to. I won't though be taking s holiday in some places for obvious reasons. IS will not stop me enjoying my freedom.

I think there are reasons why one might feel guilty at considering thoughts of eradicating IS. However if intelligence is good enough to confidently target Jihadi John it may be we have to look much deeper in to this type of action. I don't know. France is a country I love, some of my oldest and dearest friends are French and their kids, who grew up with mine, live in Paris.

I can't agree with other aspects of your post as I don't believe the overwhelming majority of the Muslim world support these actions.

As for shopping, travel etc. I'll continue to go anywhere in the world I wish to. I won't though be taking s holiday in some places for obvious reasons. IS will not stop me enjoying my freedom.

The French state will now impose itself like only they can do. They will not allow their secular ideal to be compromised.

Not sure which parts you do not agree with, which the tolerant Muslim world would agree with I must say. IS is an adulteration of a peaceful religion and affront to the majority of peaceful people.

You can't say you will go anywhere in the world and in the same sentence say some places are off limits !

Of course they are. Mass unchecked immigration, cuts in security/police/border forces, massive media propaganda, suppression of free speech.

I DO feel mighty safe FFS.

That lies at Merkel's door.

The French state will now impose itself like only they can do. They will not allow their secular ideal to be compromised.

Not sure which parts you do not agree with, which the tolerant Muslim world would agree with I must say. IS is an adulteration of a peaceful religion and affront to the majority of peaceful people.

You can't say you will go anywhere in the world and in the same sentence say some places are off limits !

That lies at Merkel's door.

I don't agree with your view we should not allow migrants in to the UK or, for that matter Europe, these people are fleeing those who attacked Paris.

Of course I can say I will travel anywhere with some exceptions. Only a fool would travel to, for example, Syria. What I'm saying is I have no fear of taking a plane, going to a football match, rock concert, restaurant or shopping. I would not let these people change my life. To avoid the obvious places is simple common sense.

When all's said and done, it'll be the average guy on the street who suffers when more of his freedoms are taken away in the name of 'security'.

In France if a Gendarme/Policeman stops you for some reason and he knows you are British, if you have broken the law or have done a minor discretion he will say Obey the Law.

Simple really.

They also say it to the French but in French

• Backroom

It's impossible to negotiate with people who have no regard for life outside of their own belief system, and believe that when they die they'll go to paradise. They are happy to kill and happy to die. You can't fight an enemy any more dangerous than one that has no regard for whether they live or die, and no regard for the lives of the vast majority of people they encounter.

Stopping a political group is achievable, but eradicating an ideology is much, much harder. Attack an ideology with words or physical actions and its proponents simply believe in it even more. A truly horrible situation and it's not going away any time in the near future.

There is no end to this until the situation stabilises in the Middle East and peoples lives improve. The cyclical violence over there drives the terrorism abroad.

The international community just doesn't have any notion of how to achieve that stability however. No doubt we will go into Syria harder, maybe be able to destroy Islamic State which will be a good short term outcome, but another group will emerge and the long term issue will remain.

There is no end to this until the situation stabilises in the Middle East and peoples lives improve. The cyclical violence over there drives the terrorism abroad.

The international community just doesn't have any notion of how to achieve that stability however. No doubt we will go into Syria harder, maybe be able to destroy Islamic State which will be a good short term outcome, but another group will emerge and the long term issue will remain.

Yep, it will be another couple of thousand years before they mature and start respecting others

Complicating matters, and I do think in part it is a war of ideals, is I heard they may well believe in some sort of "end time" prophecy or that they await some sort of prophetic figure as well. I know some here are versed in this matter. They may believe their acts hasten the prophecy.

We destabilized the Middle East, we removed Saddam under false pretences of WMDs, armed the rebel groups and created a power vacuum. We might not have created ISIS per se, but we certainly created the fertile ground for its emergence. Then the Western world responds with shock and horror when the war is brought to its own doorstep. If only we could've held all the people responsible for taking us into Iraq accountable for their actions. Instead, the likes of Tony Blair and all the other warmongers with blood on their hands get away scot-free, whilst innocent civilians are being caught in the crossfire.

We destabilized the Middle East, we removed Saddam under false pretences of WMDs, armed the rebel groups and created a power vacuum. We might not have created ISIS per se, but we certainly created the fertile ground for its emergence. Then the Western world responds with shock and horror when the war is brought to its own doorstep. If only we could've held all the people responsible for taking us into Iraq accountable for their actions. Instead, the likes of Tony Blair and all the other warmongers with blood on their hands get away scot-free, whilst innocent civilians are being caught in the crossfire.

It was only last night, a little tact wouldn't go amiss.

Archived