BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

Got back from a trip to Manchester at about 9.00 PM tonight. The hole has been filled in with concrete to within about 6" of the pavement level. No doubt another team will arrive at sone point to complete the job. My drive is still blocked and my car is still parked at the bus stop.

Let's hope nothing else goes wrong. Gaining access to the junction box through the earth was relatively easy. Getting access through concrete will be a major ball ache.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost count of the number of drivers driving with no lights on. Usually women, you try and let them know and get abuse for your trouble.

Lots of cars these days have dash lights that are on permanently fuelling the problem. Back in the sensible old days the dash lights came on when you put your lights on, instant reminder.

and why do some people drive with their fog lights on for no apparent reason

It's an offence as well (in a built up area). I once found one of my headlights was out. It was night time, so instead I used a combination of side lights and fog lights until I changed the bulb the following day. I was stopped in Darwen town centre and given a warning.

dickheads on cycles dressed in black with no lights on pedalling on the road at night!!!!!!!

There was a kid like that going down our street the other day. Riding with no lights in the middle of the street whilst playing with his phone.

With all the boy racers 'round here, it's his funeral.

• Moderation Lead

I see no reason everyone should have automatic sidelights on. It's proven to prevent accidents, such a simple thing! I put mine on every time I drive.

Cos I'm @#/? perfect!

Ha, I just point the key, then the lights come on if it's dark

:-)

Seems to be more and more people driving whilst on their mobile now, have the police stopped pulling them over. They don't realise but they drive erratically, from sitting in the outside lane at 65mph with no-one in the 2 inside lanes, to suddenly speeding up to 90 then back down again. Almost all phones have speakerphone, and most newer cars have integrated blue-tooth.

TJ the coalition government reduced the government contribution to the police budget by 25% resulting in 17,000 fewer police officers than in 2010.

In other words there are no patrols to pull them over. It's what the country voted for.

Tosspot dog owners !!

If you you know your dog is dangerous make sure it's not able to get out you fkg pricks !!!

One just attacked me n my spaniel!!!!

Fixed for you. The fact the owner s a tosspot has nothing to with the breed of the dog. Being a dog owner yourself, you should know it's the tosspot owner, not the dog that is dangerous. My Staffie is soft as @#/? and certainly could never be called dangerous, cause it's been trained properly. Bloody does my head in the way Staffies get labelled like that and demonised, when your spaniel could be just as dangerous if it had the (lack of) training that the dog you encountered obviously had.

my pooch is no way a fighter, she was panicing. If my dog is off the lead she wouldnt go up to another dog and attack by the throat. That staffie is in the need of putting down. Imagine if id been walking my grandaughter.

The tosser staffy owner will know this too, Dont give a crap how who trained the evil dog ,i should be able to walk my dog on its lead safely without fear of it being killed.

It's not the dog's fault though, it's the tosspot who's made it that way. It's terrible that it happened, and itts stuff like that which gives Staffys a bad name. They do seem to attract more @#/? owners than most other breeds. Of course you should be able to walk your dog without it being attacked, but my point is it didn't attack you or your dog because it was a staffy, it did it because it's been conditioned to be aggressive by an owner who should never be allowed to own a dog, regardless of its breed.

It's not the dog's fault though, it's the tosspot who's made it that way. It's terrible that it happened, and itts stuff like that which gives Staffys a bad name. They do seem to attract more @#/? owners than most other breeds. Of course you should be able to walk your dog without it being attacked, but my point is it didn't attack you or your dog because it was a staffy, it did it because it's been conditioned to be aggressive by an owner who should never be allowed to own a dog, regardless of its breed.

All of that being true, I think Abbey is right. The dog, if conditioned to attack, needs to be put down. It's become a menace. And then it's owner should be cited and fined. I'd say flogged, but too many fainting violets would protest.

Seems to be more and more people driving whilst on their mobile now, have the police stopped pulling them over. They don't realise but they drive erratically, from sitting in the outside lane at 65mph with no-one in the 2 inside lanes, to suddenly speeding up to 90 then back down again. Almost all phones have speakerphone, and most newer cars have integrated blue-tooth.

Government are increasing the fines and points penalty. It's no good if the police aren't enforcing the law though.

Without getting involved in an argument I'd say that's not true.

I know someone who had the softest well trained staffie you would ever know . However it broke its lead and ran to the moors and killed two sheep .

Archived