BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

No it's just a nickname for the shop! I go in there all the time and also go to Aldi and Lidl. My venom is reserved for those idiots who shop in Lidl and put all the shopping into Waitrose or Marks & Spencer carrier bags.

:lol:

No it's just a nickname for the shop! I go in there all the time and also go to Aldi and Lidl. My venom is reserved for those idiots who shop in Lidl and put all the shopping into Waitrose or Marks & Spencer carrier bags.

Quite right too, they should show a bit of class and use Harrods bags

• Backroom

I'm quite enjoying seeing people carrying random items in a defiance against paying 5p

Saw a chap carrying a huge pile of neatly folded clothes walking out of JD sports on Sunday!

I see some shops are trying to exploit the new bag rule already. Was in an independent news agents the other day and the shop assistant was serving the person in front of me and said "I need to charge you 5p for a bag". I informed him that unless he had a major empire of multiple shops, I cannot see how he can employ over 250 people so the rule cannot apply.

He did look at me rather oddly but did give the person the bag for free.

The asda near where I work in Manchester is having to buy more baskets, as people are just taking them instead of paying 5p. Personally I think a trolley at £1 is a bargain.

Struggle to get my trolley in the boot though.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/two-greater-manchester-m62-cameras-10299579

My point isn't that there's all these cameras everywhere, though they are annoying. My point is that in the year they have been on the M60 I am yet to see a worker they are supposed to be protecting. Admittedly I only use the section from near the Trafford Centre to the M61, but I cannot recall seeing anything happening as yet.

The 50 limits don't really annoy me, I tend to just hit cruise control and get on with it.

What does annoy the crap out of me are the lorries that go bombing up the middle lane ignoring the limits and then hang off the next cars bumper intimidating them. Usually in this situation there is nowhere for the car to go as they can't (shouldn't) go faster and the inside lane is already full.

I don't mind 50 limits when there is a good reason for them but the one on the motorway to Stockport (M60) is ridiculous. Just there to make money from the motorist.

The m60 interactive m-way is stupid, at peak times 10mph would be better than you can manage most mornings from Bolton through to simister island, or to Trafford park.

The best way to solve things is to push for another northern motorway crossing of the pennines, which would then take an awful lot of traffic off the m60/m62, followed by proper mass transit infrastructure, like fully electrified trains capable of transporting 10x the current volume. A lot of people who would use the train, don't as they are crammed full.

Regarding charging for plastic bags, one of the big chains over here tried it last year it lasted about 6 months before they gave it up as a bad job. More people taking their own bags into the stores led to an increase in shoplifting, plus as mentioned in a prior post people just walked out with the baskets/ trolleys , and more importantly a rival chain in direct competition who did not charge noticed a large increase in footfall and sales during the period.

Archived