BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

The m60 interactive m-way is stupid, at peak times 10mph would be better than you can manage most mornings from Bolton through to simister island, or to Trafford park.

The best way to solve things is to push for another northern motorway crossing of the pennines, which would then take an awful lot of traffic off the m60/m62, followed by proper mass transit infrastructure, like fully electrified trains capable of transporting 10x the current volume. A lot of people who would use the train, don't as they are crammed full.

In fact proper capital spending and investment in our infrastructure thus creating jobs, wealth and improving quality of life.

Tell that to a Tory.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Having to wait four weeks to see my GP. Cameron's Britain. :wacko:

Doesn't your local hospital have a walk-in 'health access centre' or anything like that? Basically you can turn up and try and see a doctor, usually you'll wait under an hour...

Having to wait four weeks to see my GP. Cameron's Britain. :wacko:

im not defending the tory scum and all around filthbag that is Cameron, but is there only 1 gp where you live? I've heard people saying things like you have about gp's forever but I just don't get it(unless there really is only 1 gp near you) I normally get an appointment within 24 hours(48 max)

you do sometimes have to be very forthright(but not aggressive) with the receptionist when you call to make the appointment though, i think some surgeries do have kind of unofficial policies where they try to deliberately make it hard to get an appointment with the actual gp as way of weeding out timewasters, so you do have to stand your ground and pretty much demand an appointment sometimes.

im not defending the tory scum and all around filthbag that is Cameron, but is there only 1 gp where you live? I've heard people saying things like you have about gp's forever but I just don't get it(unless there really is only 1 gp near you) I normally get an appointment within 24 hours(48 max)

You would've thought so... but no. Apparently there's eight doctors working at this practice. It never used to be this bad but ever since they merged with another practice, it's gone to pot.

you do sometimes have to be very forthright(but not aggressive) with the receptionist when you call to make the appointment though, i think some surgeries do have kind of unofficial policies where they try to deliberately make it hard to get an appointment with the actual gp as way of weeding out timewasters, so you do have to stand your ground and pretty much demand an appointment sometimes.

They do ask you if it's an emergency over the phone, but then what constitutes an emergency?

If anyone truely needs to see a doctor or be admitted to hospital they will be.

While for individuals this can be frustrating the health service has to prioritise to ensure the service is delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I have a raised mole that's grown recently and become very itchy. It's probably not cancerous but you can never be too careful with these things and it's best to catch them early.

Your surgery is letting you down badly if they won't see you ASAP, IMO. I would try again if I were you.

If that was me I would insist on seeing a doctor. A few months ago while showering I found a small lump in my groin. This was a Monday morning.

I phoned the surgery at 8.00am and asked to see the doctor. I was offered Friday. My response was Im 61 years old and have a lump in my groin. The receptionist responded with "Can you come at 4.10pm"

As it turns out I had nothing more than infected gland. I told my GP I now felt embarrassed and she was absolutely clear I took 100% the right action.

This is why I feel the NHS is right to prioritise but does respond when necessary. If you're worried I really would insist on being seen.

• 3 weeks later...

Said it once and I'll say it again: People who take minus offers on The Chase. The whole team has to lose. No exceptions.

Ha, it annoys me that much I have to turn it off!

Oh, and while I'm at it:

'Xander' on Pointless, he spends about 10 minutes of the show going:

'and what do you do?' 'Well I like long walks and creosoting my fence'...

The next show:

'and remind me what you do? 'well I like long...'

:angry:

Ha, it annoys me that much I have to turn it off!

Oh, and while I'm at it:

'Xander' on Pointless, he spends about 10 minutes of the show going:

'and what do you do?' 'Well I like long walks and creosoting my fence'...

The next show:

'and remind me what you do? 'well I like long...'

:angry:

The worse thing about pointless is Herman Munster

• 3 weeks later...

I can not stand all these selfish parents who spend all day staring at their crappy iphones whilst their children are bored out of their brains.

Narcissistic tvvats checking out their facebook page all day long.

Dog walkers pissing about with their phone whilst their dog/s are off-lead really makes me boil, I try my best to be a responsible dog owner and protect my dogs from getting hurt or attacked but it all means nothing when there's self obsessed keaners about. As usual its normally staffy/bull breed owners as well, the dogs are nowhere near as bad as they're made out to be, sadly though the problem is as a breed/type on average they attract the most @#/? moronic, irresponsible knobheads as owners yet its the dogs that get punished.

Said it before about Staffies-not everyone who owns one is a goon, but lots of goons own Staffies!

Exactly, but more people need to realise that the dogs themselves are no better or worst behaved than any other breeds as long as they are raised and looked after responsibly

There are literally 100s of them handed into the pounds every month in east Lancashire alone but sadly the dog rescues only have space, finances and time to re-home a small proportion of them.

My next neighbour's electricity went off on Sunday morning about 7 am. He called what used to be the Electric Board out and they arrived on Sunday afternoon at about 4.00. The diagnosed a break in the line out side his drive on the footpath. They loaned him a generator and went away.

On Monday morning they began digging up the pavement outside his drive. I had a chat with the guys on the job and they assured me they knew where the break was and my drive wouldn't be disturbed. I went out into town for a few hours and lo and behold when I'd got back they'd dug up half the pavement in front of my drive !

I had another chat with the guys and they told me they'd found and fixed the break and the hole would be temporarily filled in so my wife could park the car on our drive that night. We have a bus stop right outside our house so parking on the road is problematical, plus my neighbour had two cars of his own to park. I went out on Monday tea to see an old workmate. When I got back the hole was still there but fenced off all along the front of my house. The guys had gone.

Yesterday nobody came near the hole so today I phoned the number on the board they'd left. The woman at the other end told me it may be a week before the hole is filled in ! The hole is about 3 ft wide by 10 ft long by about 2 ft deep. I could fill it in myself with a shovel in roughly half an hour.

• Backroom

My next neighbour's electricity went off on Sunday morning about 7 am. He called what used to be the Electric Board out and they arrived on Sunday afternoon at about 4.00. The diagnosed a break in the line out side his drive on the footpath. They loaned him a generator and went away.

On Monday morning they began digging up the pavement outside his drive. I had a chat with the guys on the job and they assured me they knew where the break was and my drive wouldn't be disturbed. I went out into town for a few hours and lo and behold when I'd got back they'd dug up half the pavement in front of my drive !

I had another chat with the guys and they told me they'd found and fixed the break and the hole would be temporarily filled in so my wife could park the car on our drive that night. We have a bus stop right outside our house so parking on the road is problematical, plus my neighbour had two cars of his own to park. I went out on Monday tea to see an old workmate. When I got back the hole was still there but fenced off all along the front of my house. The guys had gone.

Yesterday nobody came near the hole so today I phoned the number on the board they'd left. The woman at the other end told me it may be a week before the hole is filled in ! The hole is about 3 ft wide by 10 ft long by about 2 ft deep. I could fill it in myself with a shovel in roughly half an hour.

I suggest you do, just to annoy them.

They'll have the excuse of letting the ground settle next. Then it'll have to be a separate team to do the Tarmac. Then Telecoms, gas and water can dig it up because their cable/pipe has been damaged.

Good Luck

Archived