BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

It was a big black Audi on Shear Bank Rd. The mayoral car was a jag ? Parking on Whalley Range is the worst though. All over the pavements, double yellows mean nothing, and even the zig zags on the pelican crossing will have an Audi or a Merc parked there without a warden or a policeman in sight.

The last Mayor's car I saw was a BMW with the coat of arms on the front doors, they might have changed it though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He only works with last year's mayor, not sure he can field constituents complaints!

Last years, this years, next years,

All pissing in the same pot, always been the same has Blackburn Council.

Put a red sticker on a pig and it will get elected, even in Blackburn

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Gav said:

MIDDLE LANE DRIVERS - I'd happily work for free to fine these inconsiderate ****s.

In my experience often middle aged women and 20 something male/female, get a grip.

:angry:

Don't forget the white Audi's

Rant of the day and probably every other day is having to listen to Donald Trump and America that land that use to claim it was the land of the free blocking immigrants from entering the US whilst each year thirty thousand or so Americans go about murdering one another.

Looks like America is in retreat with their walls and all.

Insurers -don't you love them. I took out a " Gold standard " one years extra warranty on a car I bought last year. The outdoor temperature sensor has failed  causing big problems inside the car. Problem was all our car documents had been accidentally thrown out during building work on the house !

In a piece of detective work Sherlock Holmes would have been proud of I finally managed to track down the people who hold the policy after about 2 hours on the phone - " Global Insurance. ".

I spoke to the guy on the phone and explained my situation. His reply - " I'm sorry sir but all sensors are not covered by your " Gold standard " policy ".

That's me done with extended warranties, they're cutting their own throats.

Americanisms GRRRRRR! I don't mind them calling football soccer, BUT seriously when they are still using things like 'Face-Off' and 'Series' to describe kick-off and 'legs' (as in the home and away legs in the CL)..... well GRRRRRR! It's been almost 13 years since the worst World Cup in living memory (USA 94), there's just no excuse.

Furthermore I've never heard a British commentator refer to kick-off in such sports as Basketball and Ice Hockey. What's wrong with those people? GRRRRR!

On 2/16/2017 at 7:22 AM, Husky said:

Americanisms GRRRRRR! I don't mind them calling football soccer, BUT seriously when they are still using things like 'Face-Off' and 'Series' to describe kick-off and 'legs' (as in the home and away legs in the CL)..... well GRRRRRR! It's been almost 13 years since the worst World Cup in living memory (USA 94), there's just no excuse.

Furthermore I've never heard a British commentator refer to kick-off in such sports as Basketball and Ice Hockey. What's wrong with those people? GRRRRR!

Relax.  At least we're playing soccer (ok, football).  Remember the words of the great Englishman, Billy Shakespeare, " A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."  So the words or labels don't manner, it's the game that matters.

Just now, Steve Moss said:

Relax.  At least we're playing soccer (ok, football).  Remember the words of the great Englishman, Billy Shakespeare, " A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."  So the words or labels don't manner, it's the game that matters.

And which league do Stratford play in,

It's football, always will be, we invented it

1 hour ago, yoda said:

And which league do Stratford play in,

It's football, always will be, we invented it

As an American I'm proud that my country steals the best ideas of other countries, improves upon them, relabels them and, presto!, makes them American. 

Football is a great idea.  It'll be even better when the cultural appropriation process is complete and the whole world calls it soccer. :)

1 hour ago, donnermeat said:

A bit like American football, ten seconds action followed by 5 minutes of standing around drinking gatorade. With plenty of adverts thrown in for good measure. 

Apart from that American "football" is played almost entirely with the hands! Don't get me wrong I like the game but I wouldn't describe it as "football". USA stole the name.

Archived