BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rant (4?)

On 23/07/2017 at 12:47, Claytons Left Boot said:

Most pension funds have a wide spread of investments - stocks & shares, gilts, bonds, cash etc - from both within the UK, Europe and worldwide. The current weak value of sterling shouldn't necessarily pose too much of a problem for most funds. UK businesses that export, for example, perform better (or should do) when the pound is weak because overseas buyers then pay less for their goods. My own fund has risen considerably over the last two years partly because that fund has a decent spread of investments from overseas, as well as the UK.

Regarding the State Pension that I think you're referring to as 'pensions UK,' then the money appears to be running out for a variety of reasons, hence the recent extensions to the eligible ages before claiming. I've gone from 65 to 66 before I'll be able to start drawing mine. The writing is on the wall and, as Paul indicated, I would advise anyone to start contributing to a pension scheme as soon as they can.

Does the stock market currently have .......enough money to pay out all the dividends that are required ?

As for the state pension isn't it entwined in the European human rights act and are we not looking to come away from this ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/07/2017 at 10:16, JAL said:

As for the state pension isn't it entwined in the European human rights act and are we not looking to come away from this ?

Can I ask where you got this from? It's something I've never heard before. 

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

19 minutes ago, Paul said:

Can I ask where you got this from? It's something I've never heard before. 

It came from reading through a comments section regarding pensions but apologies because I, can't think what the site was that's why I've asked the question.

6 hours ago, JAL said:

It came from reading through a comments section regarding pensions but apologies because I, can't think what the site was that's why I've asked the question.

You caught my imagination with this so I did some Googling. This quote is from an Age UK report. Age Concern and Help the Aged combined to form Age UK.

"Pensions and Benefits

The relevance of human rights legislation to pensions and benefits is similar to that of housing. The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) sets out specific commitments on the right to social security including the obligation to develop a national strategy for the full implementation of the right to social security in old age, and allocate adequate fiscal and other resources at the national level. States cannot rely only on contributory systems for old age pensions, as all individuals do not have sufficient means to maintain an adequate standard of living."

It will be interesting to see if something more specific can be found. 

I would happily work for free, in my own time, booking people who drive in the middle lane of the motorway for no @#/? reason backing up the traffic behind.

Are these people thick? of course they're @#/? thick.

:angry:

Old people are getting on my nerves. 

Theyre always in the way. On the pavement, in the shops they walk really slowly - then suddenly stop right in front of you. In resteraunts you can't get past 'em. As pedestrians they should have their own walking lane. We should have the footpath for the young/middle aged, then on the road the cycle lane, then bye that the old people's lane. That would make everything a lot easier.

6 hours ago, den said:

Theyre always in the way. On the pavement, in the shops they walk really slowly - then suddenly stop right in front of you. In resteraunts you can't get past 'em. As pedestrians they should have their own walking lane. We should have the footpath for the young/middle aged, then on the road the cycle lane, then bye that the old people's lane. That would make everything a lot easier.

How young are you, Den?

15 hours ago, den said:

Recently my experience is that it is young /under 30's that are doing the above , nearly always the case focused on their phones. oblivious to their surroundings

Old people doing it does not bother me , ageing bodies and minds etc, but doing it because you can not wait to see Kim Kardashian has released  another arse pic , sad sad people.

Touching on  supermarkets, People who have stood there for 10 minutes  (half of them p****** about on their phone) whilst the check out person as scanned their items and bagged them , and are then surprised that they have to pay!, hence spending the next five minutes fumbling about for their card/cash

My rant is at morons complaining about pride/LGBT communities and festivals.

The next person who says "..but we don't have a straight pride, do we?".. is getting a slap!! I don't remember heterosexual people being given electrocution therapy or a section 38 for their choice in partner?

Social media has brought a return to the intolerance and bigotry of the mid 20th century. Maybe it never left us, it just seems mainstream to genuinely hate others for personal differences.

Swervy, red light jumping, self-righteous cyclists who make erratic and idiotic moves and have those stupid cameras on their heads for the simple purpose of feeling they can become obnoxious, threatening and general prats who will hypocritically upload videos of equally crap road users.  Hate them. Passionately.

Another one, when someone (usually on tv documentary or YouTube video etc) gently places a hand on someone and they start shouting, "Argh! Get off me, that's assault!" Makes my blood boil.

• Moderation Lead

Slow walking people.

So at work, we have two lifts (supposed to only be for deliveries and canteen, but lazy bones use them and the building is over three floors, thus, I always take the stairs) and they're currently out of action. This morning I went up the stairs at my usual pace (admittedly, I'm quite a quick walker) and it was like the pedestrian equivalent of being stuck behind a tractor. Young, able-bodied people whining at the top about being out of breath after walking two flights of stairs!!

Now, I can't wait for the lifts to be working again so I'm not stuck behind slow walkers.....

8 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Slow walking people.

So at work, we have two lifts (supposed to only be for deliveries and canteen, but lazy bones use them and the building is over three floors, thus, I always take the stairs) and they're currently out of action. This morning I went up the stairs at my usual pace (admittedly, I'm quite a quick walker) and it was like the pedestrian equivalent of being stuck behind a tractor. Young, able-bodied people whining at the top about being out of breath after walking two flights of stairs!!

Now, I can't wait for the lifts to be working again so I'm not stuck behind slow walkers.....

Shout , Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will get them moving 

Drivers who don't have a clue how to signal at a roundabout. That'll be most of you people then? ?

Sorry, but they do my head in. Some of em don't signal at all. Some of em signal right when they're going straight on. Some of em signal left all the way round. Some of em just stop when there's anyone else around. Some of em just cut right across the roundabout. And old people just get in everyone's way.

strewth, it's not difficult. Just read the Highway Code.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, den said:

Drivers who don't have a clue how to signal at a roundabout. That'll be most of you people then? ?

Sorry, but they do my head in. Some of em don't signal at all. Some of em signal right when they're going straight on. Some of em signal left all the way round. Some of em just stop when there's anyone else around. Some of em just cut right across the roundabout. And old people just get in everyone's way.

strewth, it's not difficult. Just read the Highway Code.

Just indicate where you're going as you enter and left as you're about to exit. That's head and tail of it, right?

People get too angry though. I'mdriving as a job at the moment and if someone is changing lanes too close or about to reverse into me or whatever, I give a quick pip of the horn to let them know I'm there. But instead of being normal human beings, middle fingers fly out of windows.

Hang on mate, I just saved you a whiplash claim from me, don't be swearing at me!

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Just indicate where you're going as you enter and left as you're about to exit. That's head and tail of it, right?

People get too angry though. I'mdriving as a job at the moment and if someone is changing lanes too close or about to reverse into me or whatever, I give a quick pip of the horn to let them know I'm there. But instead of being normal human beings, middle fingers fly out of windows.

Hang on mate, I just saved you a whiplash claim from me, don't be swearing at me!

Here Mike....

http://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/roundabouts.html

Archived