BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Seasons Goal Scorers And Likely Tally?

With the likely departure of Rudy and the 'for sale' sign clearly hanging from Rhode's neck, I was wondering what everyone's views are about who will score for us and how many goals we can realistically expect to net during the coming campaign? To be honest the thought of losing a 40 goal strike partnership with little or no prospect of replacement fills me with dread, as we have proved consistently under Bowyer that we can't keep a clean sheet - without someone to bag the goals, there is only one inevitable outcome that I can see.

But I was wondering if anyone else had any strong ideas about how we might push on, and what goals for/ against tally you think is likely next season?

:brfc:

Not trying to be difficult, but 20 goals amongst the rest of the team is a bit ambitious!

We've got Chris Brown! ;)

Just kidding, but I think that the back four may bag 5 or so between them, and then there's Koita, who I think will get a few, and Evans, who'll no doubt get his "once a season screamer". Maybe a bit ambitious, but I think it'll be round about there, maybe a few less

We've got Chris Brown! ;)

Just kidding, but I think that the back four may bag 5 or so between them, and then there's Koita, who I think will get a few, and Evans, who'll no doubt get his "once a season screamer". Maybe a bit ambitious, but I think it'll be round about there, maybe a few less

You forgot to add concede 90

Gestede I assume will leave, but if Rhodes stays then 20+ again, probably mid 20's if he's the focal point of the team.

Conway and Marshall hopefully around 6 or 7 each. We'll need that Koita to chip in with at least a few too.

Brown none.

I do believe that Rhodes will stay, and Gestede will leave:

Rhodes: 27

Marshall: 8

Conway: 7

Taylor: 5

Rest Of Team: 20

Something like that

Too add to that I reckon O'sullivan might get around 5 and hopefully Koita will add a similar amount

brown wont score that many

I can't wait for Browny to slam a hat-trick in just to shut you up Abs. Unfortunately I will probably have to - for quite a while.

To be fair to the lad, he tries and it's not his fault Gazza signed him and then picked him infront of Rudy sometimes.

I'm going to try to be positive on this one.

Let's say, doomsday scenario we lose Gestede and Rhodes (not a good start in the positivity stakes). We are going to have to change our style in order to generate chances. This may involve being very direct and looking to get crosses (yay) and punts (boo) into the box. It will mean making the most of set pieces, which will mean winning free kicks, which will mean getting forward quickly. Where that falls down is both our lack of pace and lack of solid defence to cover. It will also mean Bowyer changing from 6-2-2 to a lightweight if attack-minded 3-2-4-1 old school style (still not great).

So we are going to rely on Conway and Marshall to provide the ammunition. Our lack of striking options (and reluctance to trust youth) means that we are going to have to rely on Brown staying fit - and having the football equivalent of a lobotomy- to turn into a target man. (Hmm, not very good at this).

In reality, we are definitely going to need some more attackers - perhaps the recent strikerless formation was less lack of impetus from Gaz and more a message to Venkys given the signings since?

No main goalscorer but goals flying bobbling in off ten-bob heads, backsides and kneecaps. With O.G. chipping in from the melees in the box.

So there it is, an über-positive, glass half full, new me.

COYB.

And that.

Loose Rhodes & Gestede (which is looking more likely by the hour..!!), then i can`t see us scoring too many....Blackpool went down last season only scoring 36.....

i would say to get 40 for us this season without those Two is a big ask......

Bowyer is far too negative, can just see him slipping into a "save the point" mentality...!....

Doesn't matter who your defence is if your midfield is useless, and we all know it is. They don't help the defence and do nothing for the strikers. I reckon unless someone unexpectedly good comes in on loan, and why would they do that, well struggle to reach Blackpool 36 of last season.

I think if Henley, Duffy, Kilgallon, Olsson is the consecutive back four, we might do better defensively this season imo

Your right and I think that would be a lot of peoples first choice. Knowing how things go under Bowyer though we'll get that one week then the next away game it'll be Lowe, Hanley, Killa, Spurr, especially if we sign Kim. I've just no faith in him not messing the team around to accommodate again regularly :(

I think if Henley, Duffy, Kilgallon, Olsson is the consecutive back four, we might do better defensively this season imo

It won't be, though, will it? The Tinkerman can't help himself.

Archived