BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh ok .. Yes what a cool way let's replace them with infererior players .

What like the poor mans Leon best?

You're in a world of your own.

Hilarious. Try to have a discussion with someone and this is the outcome.

No like Chris brown

Has he played Glen Mullans magic 20 games yet for the club or are we just using any other persons opinion to just write him off?

Or is it the tenuous PNE link that does it for you Abs?

Has he played Glen Mullans magic 20 games yet for the club or are we just using any other persons opinion to just write him off?

Or is it the tenuous PNE link that does it for you Abs?

Nowt to do with nobbers it's more the fact he's striker who doesn't score , not using any other persons view . He's scored 9 ( ish) in 2 years .

• Moderation Lead

Results on the pitch are the primary interest of Blackburn Rovers FC, not bragging about percentages we make on player sales.

Why on earth would we celebrate losing our best players and make reference to dragon's den? Worse still, why do people defend this behaviour? Absolute and utter madness.

The embargo has become a convenient excuse to accept this nonsense.

Ok so saying "we've lost a really good player" is celebrating?

The hysteria caused by an interview is the only nonsense KH

Nowt to do with nobbers it's more the fact he's striker who doesn't score , not using any other persons view . He's scored 9 ( ish) in 2 years .

How many starts has he had at rovers? Gestedes scoring record was seemingly hopeless at Cardiff but playing more and starting more showed his capabilities.

Al will call me for it but I'd still not write off Brown,

We have lost a good 'un and no issue in Bowyer stating it.

What is grating on fans in the Kean-esque chatter on values, fees, percentage profits, Dragons Den etc. Not what you expect the manager of your club to come out with, however it is a sign of the times and symptomatic of a club that has completely lost its way.

When it gets to hot in the kitchen get out.

Anyway who cares about history? History is for misty eyed dreamers. Apparently from reading recent posts most have now forgotten that we ever won the Premier League! You can look in the rear view mirror all you want I'd rather look forward. Fact of the matter is that only Jack and one son even professed to like football!

Good Lord Gord...that's just about the most hypocritical thing I've ever read on here. We all know you love referring to the past, when men were men, women were in the kitchen and Rovers were at their natural level ☺

How many starts has he had at rovers? Gestedes scoring record was seemingly hopeless at Cardiff but playing more and starting more showed his capabilities.

68 goals in 11 seasons tells me alls i need to know.

What is grating on fans in the Kean-esque chatter on values, fees, percentage profits, Dragons Den etc. Not what you expect the manager of your club to come out with, however it is a sign of the times and symptomatic of a club that has completely lost its way.

exactly.you would expect the sales manager at Next going on about sales percentages and margins. NOT the manager of the most succesfull town team in english footy

• Moderation Lead

Joe, you're going off on a tangent again lad. The way Bowyer bigging up how much profit we made on a player was a bit embarrassing to say the least

Results on the pitch are the primary interest of a football club.

Joe, you're going off on a tangent again lad. The way Bowyer bigging up how much profit we made on a player was a bit embarrassing to say the least

Results on the pitch are the primary interest of a football club.

You said "celebrated losing a player" or something to that effect.

Too many people are getting lost in this- matty makes a good point because it's a symptom of what's gone on. Doesn't make it right but what also isn't right is cherry picking an obvious sarcastic quip like "dragons den" to have a pop!

That's not nearly as bad as taking it further and using just interviews to compare with the criminal from Cumbernauld! (Now that is a tangent!)

And as you say, results are what matters- save the pop at the manager, team and players for if and when they play like they did at Rotherham last season!

Good Lord Gord...that's just about the most hypocritical thing I've ever read on here. We all know you love referring to the past, when men were men, women were in the kitchen and Rovers were at their natural level ☺

I'm proud of rovers achievements in the past for sure but it means nothing going forward. As they say in football you are only as good as your last match.

the difference is Kean was all mouth, Bowyer actually delivers. Buying Gestede for £200k, developing him and then selling him on for £6m is up there with Sparky's best deals. If Bowyer wants to mention it in the press then he's more than entitled to. I bet a lot of chairmen around the league are looking on enviously*

*Insert 'they can have him' joke here.

the difference is Kean was all mouth, Bowyer actually delivers. Buying Gestede for £200k, developing him and then selling him on for £6m is up there with Sparky's best deals. If Bowyer wants to mention it in the press then he's more than entitled to. I bet a lot of chairmen around the league are looking on enviously*

Mmm,

Lots of offers on the table then

On the money as well

;)

If you apply the logic to GB we should take the highest offer for him,

wait a minute though, there hasn't been any

Sparky did it whilst delivering on the pitch though. His primary focus was on results.

But selling a player for a few million more than was paid for him isn't a yardstick for success, promotion, heck even looking like he might be able to send a team out that can defend should be his prime targets.

The money is good, I accept that, but it's not enough to persevere with him any longer.

Still see him going, last day of window, cash disappears off the radar, Shaw waxes lyrical on how well we've done to get out of the embargo and come May 2016 Rovers will be close to the relegation places......

I'm proud of rovers achievements in the past for sure but it means nothing going forward. As they say in football you are only as good as your last match.

Very true

I'm not his biggest fan (as our manager) but Gestede and Conway have been great buys. Marshall and Cairney have been very decent for long spells too. Credit where it is due.

I just hope he develops himself. He needs to take risks and turn leads into victories, and draws into wins. Add some passion and belief to the mixture too.

Very true

I'm not his biggest fan (as our manager) but Gestede and Conway have been great buys. Marshall and Cairney have been very decent for long spells too. Credit where it is due.

I just hope he develops himself. He needs to take risks and turn leads into victories, and draws into wins. Add some passion and belief to the mixture too.

couldn't agree more. He's overly cautious at times but maybe that's a result of not having the right mix in the centre of midfield. Hopefully Guthrie, if he stays fit, will be capable of taking control of a game. Both Willo and Lowe can do a job but they are both reactive. I had high hopes for Evans but he was poor last season. Hopefully this season he can kick on and show the form that he showed when he first joined.

Sparky did it whilst delivering on the pitch though. His primary focus was on results.

and Bowyer's isn't? Pure conjecture.

And the point i was making is that Bowyer is nothing like Kean just because he talks about re-sale values.

and Bowyer's isn't? Pure conjecture.

And the point i was making is that Bowyer is nothing like Kean just because he talks about re-sale values.

All we have heard over the summer is about the embargo, about selling our better players, and about re-sale values.

Wheres the message to the fans about results, driving the club forward, what the plan is etc?

notice you didn't pick up on the delivery on the pitch part.

well he promised to deliver promotion were still waiting......as for the slumdogs Champions league FFS..Kean promised we'd go to wembley then insulted us by playing a under strength side at Cardiff in the league cup

Archived