BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All we have heard over the summer is about the embargo, about selling our better players, and about re-sale values.

Wheres the message to the fans about results, driving the club forward, what the plan is etc?

notice you didn't pick up on the delivery on the pitch part.

Both Sparky and Bowyer took over teams near the bottom of the league they were in and quickly established them in mid table/top half, whilst buying players at bargain prices and selling them for huge profits.

If you want comments on results from the manager then summer's not the best time. It is transfer season though so being under an embargo is probably a bigger concern.

Very true

I'm not his biggest fan (as our manager) but Gestede and Conway have been great buys. Marshall and Cairney have been very decent for long spells too. Credit where it is due.

I just hope he develops himself. He needs to take risks and turn leads into victories, and draws into wins. Add some passion and belief to the mixture too.

At last! A post free of the conspiracy nonsense, Kean references, puerile nickname crap, nudge nudge rubbish, bellyaching about the manager's charisma (or lack of) and general blah, blah, blah.

Top post.

At last! A post free of the conspiracy nonsense, Kean references, puerile nickname crap, nudge nudge rubbish, bellyaching about the manager's charisma (or lack of) and general blah, blah, blah.

Top post.

exactly mate, someone who doesn't rate Bowyer but is able to make his/her point without resorting to the usual bullshit. I'd imagine this is what a football forum should be like.

• Backroom

There's plenty of decent and well thought out posts on this board. My suggestion would be attempting to ignore the posts you feel add nothing to the discussion and instead debating with those you think are worth a proper response.

There's plenty of decent and well thought out posts on this board. My suggestion would be attempting to ignore the posts you feel add nothing to the discussion and instead debating with those you think are worth a proper response.

good advice, but not always easy when the numbnuts tend to respond to well-thought out posts with pithy, insulting one-liners. We all know who they are but they've been here since year dot so they get a free pass. For newbies it's a different story. They get called 'reverse trolls'. It's a strange world...

I'd love to be a mod on here :D

Top post.

I (and lots of others) judge him on what I see on the pitch in terms of shape, tactics and the overall aspects I feel are requisite for this level. And I believe he is really found wanting and generally out of his depth. I am not really bothered about the other stuff.

• Backroom

good advice, but not always easy when the numbnuts tend to respond to well-thought out posts with pithy, insulting one-liners. We all know who they are but they've been here since year dot so they get a free pass. For newbies it's a different story. They get called 'reverse trolls'. It's a strange world...

I'd love to be a mod on here :D

I understand that frustration, but if you want a proper football forum then you need to lead by example and treat it like one. If somebody responds to a decent post with a stupid one-liner or a personal insult, then in my view it makes that person look silly. If the original poster then responds in kind, however, then they both end up looking ridiculous. I know that yourself, chris_h, Athlete, ABBEY, roverandout and the others that get involved in these spats are capable of genuine discussion. I've seen you all make interesting posts in the past. IMO it does you all a disservice when you get into flame wars.

Whilst I'd agree that generally views of Bowyer and the club are skewed in a negative direction, there are plenty of posts that are balanced and well-written even if they are negative in tone. Those are the ones worth responding to, if you disagree, as opposed to posts that add nothing to the discussion.

But anyway, Jordan Rhodes... still here.

I (and lots of others) judge him on what I see on the pitch in terms of shape, tactics and the overall aspects I feel are requisite for this level. And I believe he is really found wanting and generally out of his depth. I am not really bothered about the other stuff.

That's fair enough.

But anyway, Jordan Rhodes... still here.

Will the entire website be eating a full breakfast to go with the tonne of egg on Mercermans face, or will he finally leave as predicted for that last 900 days straight

:)

• Backroom

I think Boro may have already had a bid accepted for Rhodes if they'd handled the situation differently. Their bleatings to the press and Jordan's ill-advised plea to leave has probably strengthened Venky's resolve to reject any bids Boro put in.

Entirely possible he could still leave within the next month, but no PL clubs seem interested and very few Championship clubs are going to be able to afford the fee or wages.

Will the entire website be eating a full breakfast to go with the tonne of egg on Mercermans face, or will he finally leave as predicted for that last 900 days straight

:)

So you ignore k-hod's plea to avoid flaming and then pick out the one 'on topic' element of his post to flame someone. Brilliant.

Entirely possible he could still leave within the next month, but no PL clubs seem interested and very few Championship clubs are going to be able to afford the fee or wages.

I still think that the agenda from our 'board' is to sell. I can't work out if Shaw's tantalising comments about nearly getting out of embargo are to appease fans or to surreptitiously put pressure on the owners.

Whether one is pro- or anti- Rhodes being sold, one thing we should all be able to agree on is that the dithering isn't helping. If it is true that selling Rhodes means we can pay fees again then we are missing out on the opportunity to bring in replacements as targets go to other clubs. The fact that once we've bought replacements we'd be likely under embargo again is less important at this stage as we simply MUST replace Gestede and Rhodes' goals or we are in big trouble. I've said before, having researched, that promoted teams have one thing in common - ignoring manager calibre - and that's two strikers scoring 20+ and 15+. Last season Bowyer embarrassed this club by not capitalising on that firepower, by picking poor performing 'favourites' over in-form players.

Something needs to change now that we are actually weaker (again) than last season.

So you mean you judge him as a football team manager and comment on what you see. A normal thing to do on a football message board I would have thought. Saying what you see doesn't sit well with a few sensitive ones on here even though they themselves often change opinion. They deem it ok for them to do that as long as when they swivel back they just shout a little louder at those who don't.

• Moderation Lead

So you ignore k-hod's plea to avoid flaming and then pick out the one 'on topic' element of his post to flame someone. Brilliant.

Do you think it's the first time he's ignored me? ;)

Its interesting to read Bowyer saying the owners have changed Rhodes valuation during the Boro negations, in fact he's quoted as saying "it changed a couple of times"!

Now lets get one thing straight here, I don't want to see our best player leave the club, but how can you change a players valuation twice during negations?

Its amateurish and does nothing but damages the reputation of the club, if it can, even further.

Rhodes himself must be absolutely livid, he's a brilliant professional, but treating him like this can surely do nothing but work against the club in the long run.

VENKYS OUT!

Its interesting to read Bowyer saying the owners have changed Rhodes valuation during the Boro negations, in fact he's quoted as saying "it changed a couple of times"!

Now lets get one thing straight here, I don't want to see our best player leave the club, but how can you change a players valuation twice during negations?

Its amateurish and does nothing but damages the reputation of the club, if it can, even further.

Rhodes himself must be absolutely livid, he's a brilliant professional, but treating him like this can surely do nothing but work against the club in the long run.

VENKYS OUT!

You're struggling badly there in your daily quest to find something to criticise the owners for GAV!

Who cares what the valuation is as long as it's above and beyond the reach of potential suitors.

On this particular matter they've done well. I hope they don't cave in and that their hard line stance continues until after the transfer window shuts.

VENKYS OUT!

Changing the valuation is not mistreating JR GAV, it is not even mistreating Boro, it is negotiation Indian style. I doubt if a figure was even given to Boro.

Probably along the lines of Boro asking what figure is the starting point and Degsy saying something like minimum £12 million. Degsy reports back to Pune, they say not even picking the phone up at that price. Still no price quoted by the owners. Boro come back with £14 million. Pune say to Degsy, yes £14 million is more but not even worth talking to Boro about. Degsy asks Pune is JR for sale, Pune say only at the right price!

I didn't see khods plea to stop flaming and I doubt that would be directed at me since he knows that's not my game anyway.

It was a joke at MMs expense, which I'm sure he can laugh off. If he can't, well then it's possibly time to stop with the "my understanding" and "bowyerette" stuff.

I'm curious as to why you took umbridge Stuart... Mercerman lite indeed!

Just read that Palace want £10m for Gayle.

I don't know enough about him but I'd be interested to hear people thoughts on who they'd rather have; a £14m Rhodes or a £10m Gayle? That is, if anyone has actually seen much of him.

How can you compare, both built differently, but one has scored 20 goals or more each season and that's missing games due to be left out of the team , the other i don't honestly know how consistent he would be in the championship. give him three seasons in the championship see how many he scores and then compare eh.

You're struggling badly there in your daily quest to find something to criticise the owners for GAV!

Who cares what the valuation is as long as it's above and beyond the reach of potential suitors.

On this particular matter they've done well. I hope they don't cave in and that their hard line stance continues until after the transfer window shuts.

I think you've got me mixed up with someone else?

I don't need to find anything wrong with the owner Rev they're very good at publically humiliating us without my help!

As for changing the Rhodes valuation, if you did the same in your line of work half way through you'd not last long, you'd probably get sacked, its amateurish at best.

Just read that Palace want £10m for Gayle.

I don't know enough about him but I'd be interested to hear people thoughts on who they'd rather have; a £14m Rhodes or a £10m Gayle? That is, if anyone has actually seen much of him.

You've just criticized Wolves fans for thinking Rhodes is the danger man without seeing much of him, and now you're doing the same.

That hastily added bit in bold won't save you either :lol:

I think you've got me mixed up with someone else?

I don't need to find anything wrong with the owner Rev they're very good at publically humiliating us without my help!

As for changing the Rhodes valuation, if you did the same in your line of work half way through you'd not last long, you'd probably get sacked, its amateurish at best.

See post 1335

The Fonz signed.

In more exciting news, i'm quicker to post something than Chaddy.

EDIT: @#/?, just realised I've posted it in the wrong thread and Chaddy has already posted it in Transfer Talk.

Archived