BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Dingle Dave Nugent has agreed to join Middlesbrough, so that ought to be the end of their pursuit of Rhodes, although its been clear for a few weeks they wouldn't be getting him. Karanka's disgraceful, unprofessional and amateurish comments in the media have been noted.

Seems they thought they could get him for less than the asking price if there was a fuss made at both ends. In reality they never had the cash to meet the asking price so they should have left it alone after the first knock back. If I was the football league I'd be looking at uncle Steve's role in this following on from a similar farce from Hull last season. Out of order and I hope Boro flop this season now. Six points off them would be very satisfying indeed, you know who to score would just top it off.

Seems they thought they could get him for less than the asking price if there was a fuss made at both ends. In reality they never had the cash to meet the asking price so they should have left it alone after the first knock back. If I was the football league I'd be looking at uncle Steve's role in this following on from a similar farce from Hull last season. Out of order and I hope Boro flop this season now. Six points off them would be very satisfying indeed, you know who to score would just top it off.

Agreed. I wonder how little old Jordan is feeling? What did you wish to chat to them about old son?

Maybe this thread should stay open just in case, although the last two pages have made me laugh anyway.

Singapore lady boys, dirty dancing and Abbey at the theatre in his Sunday best.

I think every young bloke should tour Asia before they get lumbered with some bacon and eggs in England.

From Here in The City 12/08/2015 -

Sunderland have opened talks with Blackburn Rovers over a deal Jordan Rhodes, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Rovers have quelled interest from Sunderland's North East neighbours Middlesbrough, turning down bids in excess of £12million for the Scotland international striker.

Rovers were not keen on selling their prized asset to a rival Championship club and are ready to do business at a lesser fee with Sunderland - who could yet send players in the opposite direction.

However, Financial Fair Play rules - which Blackburn are currently governed by, mean no deal for Rhodes can include players, but they could be sent on loan in separate deals, even if they were a direct result of that transfer - but Rovers in the end would prefer straight cash.

SEE ALSO: West Ham make fresh approach for striker, but face Premier League competition

And although Sunderland are unlikely to go as high as Boro, they will come close to £12million, which is likely to be enough to see a deal done.

Sunderland endured a torrid start to the new Premier League season with a heavy defeat at Leicester City, and Dick Advocaat wants to bring in at least another three new faces before the summer transfer deadline passes.

Yep they've had a glimpse into the future and gone very quiet.

A glimpse into the future? I doubt he's here forever one way or tother.

Jordans gone rather quiet as well. Can't imagine he will enjoy it anywhere near as much without Dunn, Cairney and Gestede, or be as positive about the year ahead.

HITC and the Daily Mail both 'reporting' that Sunderland have opened talks for Rhodes.

Sunderland Echo reporting that Sunderland have made no approach and he isn't even on their list as they look for a target man.

Which to believe I wonder?

Even if Sunderland are interested, I can't see them getting to £12 million.

I bet Rhodsey did not put a foot wrong v Shrewsbury.

Get off his back and also the super GB.

Didn't put a foot on. Our great leader named him as a sub then didn't bring him on despite being behind.

One bit of shock news, (I suggest you sit down), Chris Brown started but failed to score.

I don't reckon Boro could ever afford Rhodes, when you look at the sales of Cairney and Rudy when actual cash was plonked on the table and the deals got done, was there ever really a serious bid? They were after him on the cheap and both clubs get a bit of publicity out of it. Boro giving it the big one to their fans at season ticket time and us allegedly turning down all offers ?

I really don't believe there was anything serious on the table, would Venkys really have turned down NINE million cash up front in a deal worth 14 mill. Not on your nelly they wouldn't. The fact they supposedly completely ignored Boro shows there was nothing serious on offer imo. Meanwhile anyone with any gonads at Rovers should be reporting Middlesbrough FC and Steve Agnew for tapping up. They won't though will they because those at Rovers were actively encouraging Boros interest.

Get ready for a repeat of all this rollocks just after Christmas.

Archived