BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

Valuations do change. Given the differing potential layouts of a deal, it's rare a club would say this is the price. There's decisions on over how long it will be paid, future fees, and if a club is wasting your time and you feel they are unsettling the player then I can see some sense in raising the price, though I'm sure not everybody would do that.

Whenever people say 'if you did this in any other line of work...', it is a little pointless. We are talking about a specific situation in football, nothing else. Unless there are laws being broken then it doesn't matter how things would be done in another line of work.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changing the valuation is not mistreating JR GAV, it is not even mistreating Boro, it is negotiation Indian style. I doubt if a figure was even given to Boro.

Probably along the lines of Boro asking what figure is the starting point and Degsy saying something like minimum £12 million. Degsy reports back to Pune, they say not even picking the phone up at that price. Still no price quoted by the owners. Boro come back with £14 million. Pune say to Degsy, yes £14 million is more but not even worth talking to Boro about. Degsy asks Pune is JR for sale, Pune say only at the right price!

I have no doubt its a chaotic as that Yoda.

I think the the idiots in Pune have a price, but a bit like the Phil Jones transfer, they're trying to screw every last penny out of the buyer and under normal circumstances I'd be happy with that, but its not how to do business and its treating our best player with contempt in my book which usually backfires.

He'll not sign another contract with us and will probably dig his heals in and leave on a free, Venkys business brain at its best!

The Fonz signed.

In more exciting news, i'm quicker to post something than Chaddy.

EDIT: @#/?, just realised I've posted it in the wrong thread and Chaddy has already posted it in Transfer Talk.

:lol: :lol:

The Fonz signed.

EDIT: @#/?, just realised I've posted it in the wrong thread and Chaddy has already posted it in Transfer Talk.

Stop bullying him

I have no doubt its a chaotic as that Yoda.

I think the the idiots in Pune have a price, but a bit like the Phil Jones transfer, they're trying to screw every last penny out of the buyer and under normal circumstances I'd be happy with that, but its not how to do business and its treating our best player with contempt in my book which usually backfires.

He'll not sign another contract with us and will probably dig his heals in and leave on a free, Venkys business brain at its best!

:lol: :lol:

Yes but it is not chaotic if you think about it GAV, there are always 2 prices in a transaction, the selling price and the buying price. If you don't want to sell an item the price will be higher than if you do want to sell the item in question.

The price should have no effect on JR, except to massage his ego at being valued higher than he thought

The Fonz signed.

Rhodes can go now we have an ex Donkey lasher.

Things are looking up!

good advice, but not always easy when the numbnuts tend to respond to well-thought out posts with pithy, insulting one-liners. We all know who they are but they've been here since year dot so they get a free pass. For newbies it's a different story. They get called 'reverse trolls'. It's a strange world...

I'd love to be a mod on here :D

Tbf blueboy, you are one of the first to retaliate to a comment that you feel doesn't meet up to your messageboard standards, even when they aren't directed at you. I like to think I contribute to debate and discussion without making wild accusations against Bowyer yet I have even been on the end of a few snipes from those who look more favourably on Bowyer, you included. You once accused me of having an agenda after I questioned Bowyer toward the back end of last season.

The few times I've tried to engage Parson in debate I've been ignored each time only for him to get drawn into petty disputes with others. Makes me wonder if I'm blocked, and if I have been it is simply due to having a differing opinion. Often people choose to ignore proper discussion to start these spats, and then complain that the other one started it. It all tends to go round in circles.

One thing I will say, whilst chris_h was often quick to make snide remarks on those with differing opinions to him over the last few months and I (and I'm sure plenty others) found him rather insufferable, I do think he contributes a lot more to discussion now without resorting to being insulting (too often). Becoming a valued contributor to the board in my eyes (gold star for Chris). I quite enjoy reading the back-and-forth providing it isn't petty name calling. It makes a pleasant change seeing those who don't agree at least discuss why without being childish.

I didn't see khods plea to stop flaming and I doubt that would be directed at me since he knows that's not my game anyway.

It was a joke at MMs expense, which I'm sure he can laugh off. If he can't, well then it's possibly time to stop with the "my understanding" and "bowyerette" stuff.

I'm curious as to why you took umbridge Stuart... Mercerman lite indeed!

You removed the bit you didn't see from the post you quoted! :lol:

Umbridge? Not really just that you can't complain about other folks and do it yourself. Mercerman lite. :D I'll take that, he's a good poster.

You removed the bit you didn't see from the post you quoted! :lol:

Umbridge? Not really just that you can't complain about other folks and do it yourself. Mercerman lite. :D I'll take that, he's a good poster.

I thought id quoted someone else. Looks like one of those wrong end of the stick situations Stuart! Did you not see the smiley? :)

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13580297.Blackburn_Rovers_striker_Jordan_Rhodes_fit_and_raring_to_go_for_season_opener/?ref=mac

Karanka showing his class again

He said: “I know Jordan is an amazing player but he is not the only one on our list.

“We know our problem last season and the previous season was we didn’t score enough goals to get promotion. We need to strengthen our squad with a striker and Jordan is on our list but we are working in other ways.”

Rhodes / Karanka aside it seems a very easy life for Wheelock where Rovers are concerned.

[sigh] I've got a couple of column inches in the Rovers section that need filling. Ah, well better give Gaz a call and see what he wants me to do with them.

"Hi Gary, what is it this week then FFP again?

A 'fit and raring to go' story? - I've just opened up the mail merge file for that one - who shall I drop in the 'name' field?

Or how about one saying that 'we were never in for that player we were in for'?

Ah, ok, FARTG.doc it is then.

Nice one, talk to you soon."

• Moderation Lead

I can't believe anyone takes any real notice of what is said pre/post-match in the local rag if I'm honest. It's all boring manager speak and drivel that's about as interesting as watching Dirty Dancing.

I can't believe anyone takes any real notice of what is said pre/post-match in the local rag if I'm honest. It's all boring manager speak and drivel that's about as interesting as watching Dirty Dancing.

Exactly right. I've been misquoted in the press on a number of occasions.

Surely that would break the contract and he could go for nothing to the highest bidder.

Clearly it would be the player who had broken the contract.

• Backroom

Rhodes / Karanka aside it seems a very easy life for Wheelock where Rovers are concerned.

[sigh] I've got a couple of column inches in the Rovers section that need filling. Ah, well better give Gaz a call and see what he wants me to do with them.

"Hi Gary, what is it this week then FFP again?

A 'fit and raring to go' story? - I've just opened up the mail merge file for that one - who shall I drop in the 'name' field?

Or how about one saying that 'we were never in for that player we were in for'?

Ah, ok, FARTG.doc it is then.

Nice one, talk to you soon."

The dumbing down is painful

There's an interview with Fode Koita online and randomly for no reason at all in the middle of it is this:

'Tomorrows opponents Wolves are 4/1 to win promotion to the Premier League after missing out on the play-offs last time out on goal difference.

In contrast Rovers, who finished 11 points off the top six in 2014-15, are 11/1 outsiders to go up.'

Bloody good film is Dirty Dancing. Leave it alone.:)

Nobody puts Wheelock in a corner.

Not if the club stopped paying him if he had reasonable evidence that he was unfit to play.

Totally different scenario Gord. I think what was said was "refused to play."

Edit Can't find the original post now.

Archived