BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes Wants To Leave

den

Rhodes wants to leave  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it is a good idea to sell Rhodes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares? Venky's have ruined this club anyway

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't reckon Boro could ever afford Rhodes, when you look at the sales of Cairney and Rudy when actual cash was plonked on the table and the deals got done, was there ever really a serious bid? They were after him on the cheap and both clubs get a bit of publicity out of it. Boro giving it the big one to their fans at season ticket time and us allegedly turning down all offers ?

I really don't believe there was anything serious on the table, would Venkys really have turned down NINE million cash up front in a deal worth 14 mill. Not on your nelly they wouldn't. The fact they supposedly completely ignored Boro shows there was nothing serious on offer imo. Meanwhile anyone with any gonads at Rovers should be reporting Middlesbrough FC and Steve Agnew for tapping up. They won't though will they because those at Rovers were actively encouraging Boros interest.

Get ready for a repeat of all this rollocks just after Christmas.

I'm not sure that Jordan speaking to his uncle could be provable tapping-up, but to be frank, its very much part of the game.

'Uncle, what is it like in middlesboro?'

'Well Jordan lad, its the greatest city in the world, beer flows like tap water, the women have faces of angels, buildings are made out of candy and gingerbread. The ATM machines give out money for free, only downside we have a @#/? football club,'.

Radio 5 today said Stoke were putting together a bid for Jockie Rhodes.

Mark Hughes has said that it is likely their business is done for this window. Also cannot see Stoke paying a fee for Rhodes that is anywhere close to what they paid for Shaquiri (£12M) and it seems that FFP forbids part exchanges. Stoke have already signed several attacking players and BBC usually only report transfer gossip from eleswhere and don't originate it. This is not being reported anywhere else even on the trashy sites.

Rhodes appeared to roll his ankle yesterday and left the pitch for treatment directly opposite the technical areas. It was quite apparent that he wouldn't return and then surprisingly walked all the way round the pitch with Dave Fevre. I was really surprised by this which surely wouldn't have done the injury any good.

It seemed to be his left ankle - was this the one he injured at Accrington? If so that could be a worry that there is a real weakness there (speaking from the knowledge of having had the same injury several times).

Rhodes appeared to roll his ankle yesterday and left the pitch for treatment directly opposite the technical areas. It was quite apparent that he wouldn't return and then surprisingly walked all the way round the pitch with Dave Fevre. I was really surprised by this which surely wouldn't have done the injury any good.

It seemed to be his left ankle - was this the one he injured at Accrington? If so that could be a worry that there is a real weakness there (speaking from the knowledge of having had the same injury several times).

Yes it was the same ankle.

I don't see Palace or Sunderland being interested in Rhodes cos he doesn't fit their style

They questioned that on the radio but Gallagher said if it's just a knock or he's just come off as a precaution they'd let him keep it moving as much as normal. Probably on the golf course again today :blink:

They questioned that on the radio but Gallagher said if it's just a knock or he's just come off as a precaution they'd let him keep it moving as much as normal. Probably on the golf course again today :blink:

His limited movement as he limped around the pitch suggested more than a knock. Does anybody know if he was on crutches after the game?

On 606 last night there was discussion about some PL clubs needing a striker. Robbie Savage repeatedly questioned if Jordan Rhodes was worth a punt of £14m with no PL experience when Charlie Austin is available at £15m and scored 18 goals in 35 PL games last season.

On 606 last night there was discussion about some PL clubs needing a striker. Robbie Savage repeatedly questioned if Jordan Rhodes was worth a punt of £14m with no PL experience when Charlie Austin is available at £15m and scored 18 goals in 35 PL games last season.

Well who in the right mind would spend 14 million on a player proven at championship level compared to a player who scored 1 out of 2 in premier league in a poor side.

His limited movement as he limped around the pitch suggested more than a knock. Does anybody know if he was on crutches after the game?

Bugger all to do with transfers, but after the game and as everyone filtered out I was there for a few mins and sure he was doing a few sprints near the centre circle and didn't seem in any distress at all. 95% sure it was Rhodes, surprised to see he left in a protective boot.

Bugger all to do with transfers, but after the game and as everyone filtered out I was there for a few mins and sure he was doing a few sprints near the centre circle and didn't seem in any distress at all. 95% sure it was Rhodes, surprised to see he left in a protective boot.

I saw Tommy Spurr pretty much straight after the game doing some sprints.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived