BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friendly Against Wigan 01/08/15

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think I'll wait until the Wolves game to see Koita in action. I've been to most the other friendlies this pre-season but this just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I expect a record low Ewood attendance.

I'll wait for the main event next weekend and i'll be turning up for the Shrewsbury tie and going Hudds away so i'll save my low expectations for them lol Don't think tomorrow will tell us much anyway although the back four line up will be the most interesting thing for me :blink:

Rovers 1 Wigan 1

3k max

I do wonder what the gate would have been had the club gone to the effort of a friendly against a decent side or foreign team.

For example, Brighton are playing Sevilla soon.

I think that had we got such a game lined up and promoted it as a day out at the start of the summer holidays with merchandise etc. on offer then we could have had a sizeable gate.

About 1800 home tickets shifted so far for this, so your 3000 seems to be ambitious unless there is a sizeable walk on or big Wigan contingent.

Yeah I was banking on the Wiganers lol Went to the Everton one the other season and we couldn't scrape 4k homers for that so no surprise for me how low it'll be tomorrow. The Shrewsbury tie is the one that worries me, could be similar numbers.:(

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/fode-koita-sacha-petshi-wigan-athletic-pre-season-2583230.aspx

So Koita and Petschi are due to feature tomorrow, yet no mention on the status of Rhodes, Chris Taylor, Chris Brown or Corry Evans, who have had little/no pre season games.

Also interesting that in the photo in the article above Rhodes is training in the background. So presumably he is fully fit if training with the first team?

Does anyone what sort of team Rovers will put out at AFC Fylde? Fylde are still located behind the Birley Arms between Wrea Green and Warton but Lytham isn't to far for The Taps.

Does anyone what sort of team Rovers will put out at AFC Fylde? Fylde are still located behind the Birley Arms between Wrea Green and Warton but Lytham isn't to far for The Taps.

It's a Rovers XI, so unless some of those coming back from injury (Evans, Taylor possibly) are being given a run out then it will be predominantly the Under 21s.

I'm looking forward to going to that one. Never been to Fylde before and will be my last chance to visit that ground before they move to their new stadium near the M55.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/fode-koita-sacha-petshi-wigan-athletic-pre-season-2583230.aspx

So Koita and Petschi are due to feature tomorrow, yet no mention on the status of Rhodes, Chris Taylor, Chris Brown or Corry Evans, who have had little/no pre season games.

Also interesting that in the photo in the article above Rhodes is training in the background. So presumably he is fully fit if training with the first team?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13521372.New_boys_set_to_feature_for_Blackburn_Rovers_in_Wigan_Athletic_friendly/?ref=mac

"Darragh Lenihan (back), Chris Taylor (groin), Corry Evans (leg) and Chris Brown (knee) will certainly miss the match through injury."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/13521372.New_boys_set_to_feature_for_Blackburn_Rovers_in_Wigan_Athletic_friendly/?ref=mac

"Darragh Lenihan (back), Chris Taylor (groin), Corry Evans (leg) and Chris Brown (knee) will certainly miss the match through injury."[/size]

No doubt Rhodes will gain some mysterious injury prior to kick off

Why charge a tenner for this game? Its daft. Should have been £5 adults and all other options a quid. They would make up the difference in beers, food bought etc. Should be the same for the early round cup games. Get us fans in the ground to make a decent atmosphere.

I think I'll wait until the Wolves game to see Koita in action. I've been to most the other friendlies this pre-season but this just doesn't appeal to me at all.

I expect a record low Ewood attendance.

If 1800 sold already should beat the 2200 against sheff utd in 1986 and that was a cup game . Could not understand that at wembly there were 30000 and most claimed to have been at that one

If 1800 sold already should beat the 2200 against sheff utd in 1986 and that was a cup game . Could not understand that at wembly there were 30000 and most claimed to have been at that one

Add one more, just got mine on line, a few beers beforehand in the Ewood club, new shirt on cheer on JR and the new boys, beats cutting the grass :closedeyes:.

Does it really matter who the opposition is? It's all about fitness at this stage and developing an understanding (normally but not in our chop and change pre-season).

When we played Barcelona the cry was it wasn't the full Barca side etc etc and the crown wasn't particularly brilliant even for those brighter days.

Personally I'd much rather see the Lancashire Cup reinstated.

Archived