BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friendly Against Wigan 01/08/15

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I will head down today, but reading Bowyer's interview on the article makes me not want to. Why does he say "ever so well" or "right good go" in EVERY interview he does?! Either he doesn't have the vocabulary to say anything different or he knows that saying it winds people up. It shouldn't annoy me this much but it really does.

You aren't the only one. Just imagine what some of the players must think. He hardly revs people up does he ? He'll probably send them out to warm up with an umbrella apiece today because it's raining .

It's raining so I can't do the planned outside projects, I'm bored so thinking of going now. Anyone heard of any inkling of what the team might be ? Seeing as we are one week away from the real thing it should be pretty much full strength apart from injuries. If he treats this as just a walk in the park and a million subs it won't send out a good message about our preparations. They should be up to speed now.

You aren't the only one. Just imagine what some of the players must think. He hardly revs people up does he ? He'll probably send them out to warm up with an umbrella apiece today because it's raining .

It just sounds so amateurish. He sounds quite thick tbh. Either that or he's so awkward when it comes to dealing with the media that he's developed these coping mechanisms which involve saying the same thing over and over again.

It's raining so I can't do the planned outside projects, I'm bored so thinking of going now. Anyone heard of any inkling of what the team might be ? Seeing as we are one week away from the real thing it should be pretty much full strength apart from injuries. If he treats this as just a walk in the park and a million subs it won't send out a good message about our preparations. They should be up to speed now.

Yeah, no chance Abbey can mow the grass either. When it comes to the team, it's a bit of a lottery as always. We seem quite lightweight due to injuries already and some positions seem so up for grabs that I've no idea who could start. My prediction is Raya or Steele in goal. I'd like to see Steele in as he should be our first choice keeper. Raya may have great potential but has looked shaky in some friendlies on occasion (from others' accounts). Don't want to rush him in this season, so give Steele the nod today and vs Wolves.

I think Bowyer will play Spurr-Hanley-Killa-Henley today. Again, should be looking more first-teamy. Personally would rather see Olsson in for Spurr and Duffy in for Hanley (same applies for start of season).

When it comes to midfield, this is where it becomes pure guesswork. Central defensive midfield will likely be two of Willo, Lowe and Petshi today. When it comes to attacking midfield I can see three of Conway, Marshall, Mahoney, Koita with Delfy or Rhodes up front.

I imagine things will get chopped and changed during the game (as the team will throughout the season). Bowyer might well chuck in the odd youngster today that we all know will be nowhere near the first team this year anyways.

I know it's a friendly but I'd like to at least see a semblance of organisation and method in our play, with the season edging closer. We will see though.

It just sounds so amateurish. He sounds quite thick tbh. Either that or he's so awkward when it comes to dealing with the media that he's developed these coping mechanisms which involve saying the same thing over and over again.

Yeah, no chance Abbey can mow the grass either. When it comes to the team, it's a bit of a lottery as always. We seem quite lightweight due to injuries already and some positions seem so up for grabs that I've no idea who could start. My prediction is Raya or Steele in goal. I'd like to see Steele in as he should be our first choice keeper. Raya may have great potential but has looked shaky in some friendlies on occasion (from others' accounts). Don't want to rush him in this season, so give Steele the nod today and vs Wolves.

I think Bowyer will play Spurr-Hanley-Killa-Henley today. Again, should be looking more first-teamy. Personally would rather see Olsson in for Spurr and Duffy in for Hanley (same applies for start of season).

When it comes to midfield, this is where it becomes pure guesswork. Central defensive midfield will likely be two of Willo, Lowe and Petshi today. When it comes to attacking midfield I can see three of Conway, Marshall, Mahoney, Koita with Delfy or Rhodes up front.

I imagine things will get chopped and changed during the game (as the team will throughout the season). Bowyer might well chuck in the odd youngster today that we all know will be nowhere near the first team this year anyways.

I know it's a friendly but I'd like to at least see a semblance of organisation and method in our play, with the season edging closer. We will see though.

Hoovering instead

Hoovering instead

Bloody hell Abs. I've just read this thread from start to finish. If you spent a little less time on here you could have mowed the lawn, done the hoovering, done your nails and hair and still had time to get to Ewood!!

Seems C Taylor doesn't feature in anybody's starting line ups(ever) poor guy, I think he definitely deserves a start today after signing a new contract(when im sure he could have easily just found a new club) he should be given a chance at least to show what he can do.

Can Abs please come and do my lawn and hoovering?

It has dried up nicely. Get out and play with the flymo.

Surely Rhodes needs to play for match fitness, whether he stays or goes, I'd expect Lowe to play for the same reason.

I'd like to see the two Frenchmen have a good bit of time on the field, just to see what they look like.

I hope O'Sullivan plays too, he's talented and the best of our youngsters and it's so important some of them come through. If there is any hope it lies in the youth.

Bloody hell Abs. I've just read this thread from start to finish. If you spent a little less time on here you could have mowed the lawn, done the hoovering, done your nails and hair and still had time to get to Ewood!!

I would still find something else to do , no chance im Paying a tenner

Former #CardiffCity striker Nicky Maynard starts for #rovers today - along with Jordan Rhodes.

ROVERS: Raya, Henley, Hanley ©, Duffy, Olsson, Marshall, Guthrie, Lowe, Conway, Rhodes, Maynard.

Subs: Steele, Spurr, Nyambe, Delfouneso, Tomlinson, Kilgallon, Koita, O'Sullivan, Forrester, Petshi

Former #CardiffCity striker Nicky Maynard starts for #rovers today - along with Jordan Rhodes.

ROVERS: Raya, Henley, Hanley ©, Duffy, Olsson, Marshall, Guthrie, Lowe, Conway, Rhodes, Maynard.

Subs: Steele, Spurr, Nyambe, Delfouneso, Tomlinson, Kilgallon, Koita, O'Sullivan, Forrester, Petshi

4-4-2 again, apparently absolutely no lessons have been learned from the last two seasons.

Great starting 11 .I would of play Killa over Duffy but anyway..

Mahoney is not even on the bench? Am i mistaken or Mahoney was the one from the young lads who was doing the best so far scoring 2 goals?

Was that Mahoney or O'sullivan?

Archived