BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friendly Against Wigan 01/08/15

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be attending the game.

Hopefully Rhodes will play and Marshall in the hole.

My team for this game would be:- Steele; Henley, Hanley, Kilgallon, Olsson; Lowe, Guthrie; O'Sullivan, Marshall, Conway, Rhodes.

I expect to see Koita and Petshi coming on for around 30 mins. Also Delfouneso will come on. Maybe Tomlinson aswell

Yes I know. It was a great day but we could attract and PAY for the likes of Barca to trap up back then, even though they hadn't quite hit the heights they went onto achieve.

Just think there's bigger things to worry about............as Gav would say

• Moderation Lead

Not bothering going on for this, like others, I'll wait for next Saturday. Thankfully I'm going to a 30th after that, so I can use beer as a coping mechanism.....

It might matter to you more if you went to games Shaun (not a dig)

I don't get much chance to get to many and it is a bit crap, it's about as uninteresting as could be seeing as we've spent most of the recent years in the same division

I guess it's cheap for the club and they should make decent opposition/be at same stage of preparedness etc

But it's about more than fitness, they should be pretty much ready a week before the start of the season proper

I'll probably head up but only because it's one of the few games I can see live

Debating whether to go.. I'm hoping we'll play Rhodes and the new lad upfront. Surely ther

Will be attending the game.

Hopefully Rhodes will play and Marshall in the hole.

My team for this game would be:- Steele; Henley, Hanley, Kilgallon, Olsson; Lowe, Guthrie; O'Sullivan, Marshall, Conway, Rhodes.

I expect to see Koita and Petshi coming on for around 30 mins. Also Delfouneso will come on. Maybe Tomlinson aswell

Probably agree with you on that one apart from the one up front. I can see Bowyer pairing either Delfouneso/ the other new lad with Rhodes. If he doesn't, that means we're probably in for a season of launching it to Rhodes, who'll be a lone striker. That'll ultimately mean Gazza is being more negative, for the coming season, than last (God help us).

U21s playing at Chorley tonight 7.30 kick off.

I am tempted by the Chorley game tonight. I have always enjoyed going to Victory Park and even sponsored a couple of players when Chorley Lynx Rugby League played there.

Whilst the <21's did not do too well versus Brig they did put a lot of effort in and there was a sense of honesty about their football. They could do better if they talked to each other a lot more and play as a unit rather than individuals who want to impress. However regardless of that I am going to put some time in watching them this season as they do have potential.

I do wonder what the gate would have been had the club gone to the effort of a friendly against a decent side or foreign team.

For example, Brighton are playing Sevilla soon.

I think that had we got such a game lined up and promoted it as a day out at the start of the summer holidays with merchandise etc. on offer then we could have had a sizeable gate.

It's for bowyer don't you know? A good win and he can come out and say 'we're making good progress'

Think I will head down today, but reading Bowyer's interview on the article makes me not want to. Why does he say "ever so well" or "right good go" in EVERY interview he does?! Either he doesn't have the vocabulary to say anything different or he knows that saying it winds people up. It shouldn't annoy me this much but it really does.

Imperative that Rhodes plays a part today. Will be an indication that he's still happy to knuckle down despite having his head turned. If he doesn't play any minutes then expect Browny or Delefouneso to start up top against Wolves.

Agree with the part about Rhodes. If Delfy hasn't signed by the start of the season would he be allowed to play against Wolves?

I would play

Eastwood

Henley Hanley Killa Olsson

Conway Lowe Gutthrie Marshall

Delfounesso Rhodes

or

Eastwood

Henley Hanley Killa Olsson

Conway Lowe Gutthrie Marshall

Mahoney

Rhodes

Going 4-4-2 against the teams from the second part of the table and 4-5-1 against the teams from the first top

Is Guthrie still training with Rovers? Should get some game time today if so.

------------Steele

Henley--Hanley--Killa--Olsson

---------Willo--Lowe

Marshall---Sully---Conway

----------Rhodes

Rhodes has to play, doesn't matter if his head has been turned, hes a Rovers player and he could be lining up for us against Wolves. Needs minutes on the pitch.

Archived