BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friendly Against Wigan 01/08/15

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every cloud has a silver lining as they say. You're gonna miss your regular moan you know.... although we won't.

Need to be a few clouds and rain about next Saturday otherwise it will be the Clitheroe Food Festival for me instead of Wolves at home.

'Rhodes always looks disinterested' is certainly a new one. Alls I've ever seen from his is hard work, never seen him not look like he wants to be there

Well THAT is certainly a new one on me. Does your seat actually face the pitch Kieran? ^_^

I've said for 3 seasons now that if Rhodes ever wants to play at a higher level (but tbh with the money we are paying him why would he?) and be a stalwart for his country then that is what he needs to improve..... hard work costs nowt and anyone can do it. If he needs a good role model then look at the way Danny Ings has progressed his career, and if he wants the supreme role model he should look no further than old vids of Alan Shearer.

For those that went, is Tomlinson good enough to be starting or at least getting 30 minutes or so every week.?

In my book if you're good enough you're old (or young) enough. Don't care if you're 17 or 37.

If we have unearthed a gem (and GB will play him) it could be massive for our season. Central midfield has been at the heart of our problems for longer than I care to remember.

Tugay and Sav/Flitty weren't all that long ago Simon.... although I'll admit that a hell of a lot of polluted water has gone under the Aquaduct bridge since then.

Can't comment on yesterday but pretty much everytime i have seen Lowe he has been moving the ball around decently, switching play and being available. Not sure why he gets so much stick?

For me Duffy is/has been better defensively than killgallon but his distribution is shocking.

Can't be any worse than Kilgallon's surely?

I don't think anyone would be happy if we had gone out and paid a transfer fee for Lowe, so why should it be any different because he came from the youth team?

He's a decent squad player to have around, his tracking back and covering other people's positions is good, but other than that not a lot. Guthrie did the simple things right yesterday and he looked far better, just for doing the simple things right. I've no problem with sideways and backwards passes if that's all that's on, but an absolute minimum for ANY central midfielder should be to get your head up when you're on the ball. Lowe doesn't seem to have the confidence to do that so turns his back on play and gives to the defence, and as mentioned earlier, most of these passes are often scuffed, short, or in the case of sideways passes, behind the man.

For example there was a couple of occasions yesterday during play when the ball was played to him and he had an 'easy' one touch pass, using the momentum of the ball into the the feet of Marshall to advance up the pitch but chose to put his foot on the ball and play it to Hanley and (behind) Olsson.

Therein lies the problem with Lowe.

Playing too safe all the time displays a classic lack of confidence caused frequently by too much touchline criticism. Players do have ears. By always seeking a hate figure and destroying player's confidence we are our (and the club's) own worst enemies. Always have been and always will be.

Sorry Mr bowedrog but the guys demeanour irritates me and watching from the touchline he offers about as much motivation as a garden gnome plonked there. Unless someone plays a simple pass into touch of course. He's the quiet studious type anyway so he's better off up there hopefully seeing what the rest of us see. He has absolutely zero presence on the touchline so it's better off having the coaches bawling at them and conveying his instructions.

I'll add infantile to my suggestion that your comments are churlish and unecessary. Certainly humerus doesn't apply. All that matters is what happens on the pitch.

• Moderation Lead

Need to be a few clouds and rain about next Saturday otherwise it will be the Clitheroe Food Festival for me instead of Wolves at home.

It'll be on all day, can easily do both

:-)

I'll add infantile to my suggestion that your comments are churlish and unecessary. Certainly humerus doesn't apply. All that matters is what happens on the pitch.

I'd add boring and miserable old git to mine but that would be really churlish and infantile if a little necessary wouldn't it.

Well THAT is certainly a new one on me. Does your seat actually face the pitch Kieran? ^_^

I've said for 3 seasons now that if Rhodes ever wants to play at a higher level (but tbh with the money we are paying him why would he?) and be a stalwart for his country then that is what he needs to improve..... hard work costs nowt and anyone can do it. If he needs a good role model then look at the way Danny Ings has progressed his career, and if he wants the supreme role model he should look no further than old vids of Alan Shearer.

I've seen far, far lazier players upfront for Rovers. Gestede to name one last season was the striker who I saw skulking about and looking disinterested. Gestede only tried when it was going his way or when he wanted to impress (Liverpool away) , Rhodes in my opinion ran his socks of all season

Just catching up, there quick questions, all for Chaddy since it seems he was there:

1) have you got a formation you think we should be playing?

2) who do you think will be our play maker?

3) do you think we should sign Sam Gallagher on loan?

Thanks.

Just catching up, there quick questions, all for Chaddy since it seems he was there:

1) have you got a formation you think we should be playing?

2) who do you think will be our play maker?

3) do you think we should sign Sam Gallagher on loan?

Thanks.

1) 4-2-3-1 formation.

2) Ben Marshall

3) yes I did think we should try to sign him but we cant pay loan fees atm. So we miss out but lets move on from him

Archived