BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Friendly Against Wigan 01/08/15

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very intrigued by Tomlinson. Many on Twitter raving about him as well. Really hope he doesnt get carried away, keeps his head screwed on or else he'd turn out to be like Robbie Cotton(what is he doing these days). I'd be made up with a midfield of Tomlinson and Lenihan. Again, I wonder if Tomlinson is a CDM or a box to box and creative type? Glad to see so many coming through the Academy.

An academy 11 for fun sakes :P

----------------Raya--------------

Nyambe---Hanley--Lenihan---Henley

Tomlinson----Lowe

Green------O'Sullivan-----Mahoney

------Forrester-------

Tomlinson has a goal in him, from what I know of him playing locally he scored a lot of goals from midfield but he isn't afraid to get stuck in. Don't think he should be thrown in to the first team yet, ease him into it he's still only 17. I'd start him against Shrewsbury though. Burnley fan may I add but won't hold that against him.

Very intrigued by Tomlinson. Many on Twitter raving about him as well. Really hope he doesnt get carried away, keeps his head screwed on or else he'd turn out to be like Robbie Cotton(what is he doing these days). I'd be made up with a midfield of Tomlinson and Lenihan. Again, I wonder if Tomlinson is a CDM or a box to box and creative type? Glad to see so many coming through the Academy.

An academy 11 for fun sakes :P

----------------Raya--------------

Nyambe---Hanley--Lenihan---Henley

Tomlinson----Lowe

Green------O'Sullivan-----Mahoney

------Forrester-------

It was a great strike and should give the lad confidence.

I know he's only 17 but no way is his game strong enough yet to consider starting him - it would be very unfair on him and could kill his confidence.

Two great goals from Tominson and Marshall. Guthrie was very good too, Maynard didn't do anything to shout about. Koita and Petshi were alright and Delfuonso was quite impressive. Rhodes didn't so much

Was a dire game,

First half could have been a sunday league game, Wigan looked the better side.

We was all over the place at the back, midfield was too cluttered with no out balls and Rhodes was in Middlesbrough

Second half was an improvement but scoreline flattered us.

POSITIVES:

Tomlinson looks a real propect, only 17 but never looked out of place and capped off his minutes with a nice goal

Ollson was probably our best player

NEGATIVES

Defence looks like its in for another torrid time this season

Rhodes looked disinterested

Square pegs round holes sprung to mind

Delfouneso looks like a poor mans Benjani and IMO is no improvement on Brown and would be a waste of a wage.

Maynard getting injured, I hope this does not scupper his trial because I think he could come good if he can prove fitness

Rhodes looked disinterested

And when ever has Rhodes looked interested ..?

His all demeanour has always given off the look of being disinterested ..

why do you think fans pan him (at times) and question whether we re playing with ten ..

Nothing new

I quite enjoyed the game but this playing out from the back lark will give me kittens if this is how we are going to play in the real thing. We simply don't have the players or movement. In contrast to a lot I thought Marshall was poor and looked lazy. Conway looked good as did Guthrie who did what I believe good midfielders should do. He continually looked for the ball, was neat and tidy in possession and worked hard. Tomlinson could be one of the silver linings on our cloud this season. A nice moment at the end of the game when he went to the perimeter wall and was given a hug by (presumably) his dad.

Some positives and some negatives but the real thing is around the corner and we have to hit the ground running. I just hope Bowyer is brave but somehow I doubt it.

For those that went, is Tomlinson good enough to be starting or at least getting 30 minutes or so every week.?

In my book if you're good enough you're old (or young) enough. Don't care if you're 17 or 37.

If we have unearthed a gem (and GB will play him) it could be massive for our season. Central midfield has been at the heart of our problems for longer than I care to remember.

Were the 2 new guys any good?

I'm not great at reading sarcasm and truth on here.

I thought they were pretty good, save for when Petshi fell over. Some great moves from both of them though

Archived