BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/22/aston-villa-birmingham-capital-one-cup-match-report

Booed off a half-time, then after the match Sherwood claimed he intended to only give Lescott 45 minutes and change things. Nothing to do with being booed off then! Rowett rightly was sceptical.

Tactics Tim in full effect

He's a born winner.

LoL, not as a manager. £50m spent this summer and can only beat Brum and B'mouth, thanks mainly to the man Bowyer rescued from footballs scrapheap.

RUUUUUUUUUDYYYY

Gestede looked out of his depth at times last night, but that header was an absolute bullet and sums up how effective he can be.

I still think we got pretty good money for him. I would happily be wrong as I like Gestede but don't think he will prove a particularly shrewd buy for Villa.

The Birmingham clubs are poorly supported.

In our PL days our small town club would be constantly belittled for our crowds, though our average was usually around 25000.

Villa struggle to muster 35000 from the UK's second biggest city, yet they are lauded as 'a big, traditional club'.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/22/aston-villa-birmingham-capital-one-cup-match-report

Booed off a half-time, then after the match Sherwood claimed he intended to only give Lescott 45 minutes and change things. Nothing to do with being booed off then! Rowett rightly was sceptical.

Tactics Tim in full effect

LoL, not as a manager. £50m spent this summer and can only beat Brum and B'mouth, thanks mainly to the man Bowyer rescued from footballs scrapheap.

RUUUUUUUUUDYYYY

No respect for our title winning captain.????

You're free to air your views on his management.

Revelling in it seems a bit odd.

• Backroom

I do wonder whether they actually think that, or if they just feel like they have to say that because they backed themselves into a corner deriding Pardew to such a degree (this does sound familiar, doesn't it?).

IMO Pardew had Newcastle punching well above their weight for a fair portion of his tenure. He's now doing the same at Palace, but if/when Palace's form drops off a bit I doubt the fans will be as vicious in demanding his removal.

Archived