BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jermaine Defoe is after a PA @ £60k a year, 168 hour working week on £6.85 an hour

defoe-assistant0.png

Saw this yesterday, not sure who wrote that job spec but you'd need at least £120k a year to even consider such a role because the only thing its not asking for is the employee to be able to walk on water!

It just turns me off to football more and more reading garbage like this, he plays football, trains once a day and has at the most 3 games a week, why can't he do the vast majority of the tasks himself on that list, because he's a lazy papered modern day footballer thats why....

Saw this yesterday, not sure who wrote that job spec but you'd need at least £120k a year to even consider such a role because the only thing its not asking for is the employee to be able to walk on water!

It just turns me off to football more and more reading garbage like this, he plays football, trains once a day and has at the most 3 games a week, why can't he do the vast majority of the tasks himself on that list, because he's a lazy papered modern day footballer thats why....

Surely that is a joke. If not it just shows you how completely pampered these lot are. I mean arranging birthdays! What are they doing all day!

Heard about this on R4 a couple of days ago. While I agree with GAV's sentiments I doubt it's unusual for the super rich, which is what Defoe must be, to live this way.

Clearly the current employee isn't up to the job as the advert is littered with basic grammatical errors.

A lot of villa fans moaning about Gestede on twitter one saying he was like "bambi" just shows how much our long ball game suited him. They need to play to his strengths and get crosses in the box, a short passing game doesn't suit him at all

A lot of villa fans moaning about Gestede on twitter one saying he was like "bambi" just shows how much our long ball game suited him. They need to play to his strengths and get crosses in the box, a short passing game doesn't suit him at all

It's like the opposite of Rhodes. If you buy one of the best headers in the game then surely you find it with the ball?

It's like the opposite of Rhodes. If you buy one of the best headers in the game then surely you find it with the ball?

Already said Gestede is a bench man best saved for the last third of a match when Villa need a goal and start (as most teams do) to go more direct. He's Championship level on the ground.

Interesting weekend.

It was always going to happen that the Premier League financial muscle would eventually mean that the "ordinary clubs" would be able to afford to buy the undoubted top performers from many other leagues and close the gap to the "top" clubs in the Prem.

Especially as the top clubs have abysmally failed to use their windfalls to become Bayern, Barca or Real Madrid lookalikes.

Perhaps City are transitioned to a higher level but otherwise, the number of predictable results might be seriously reduced this season. Let's hope the Palace, West Ham and Swansea results are the start of a trend rather than freak results.

Archived