SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Jason Roberts isnt half bad on motd. Especially when you consider he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Could he say 'on the transition' any more than he did? I swear he said it about a dozen times.

Why loan out Januzaj and then spend £36m on this Martial kid? Total panic buy from United.

Van Gaal has now spent almost £200m more than Moyes did, with no visible improvement on the pitch and practically the same win percentage.

Scott Dann was imperious at the back (again).

I've always been a fan, shame a lot on here couldn't see it.

theres been lots of 'danns' over the years. Players who were deemed by many 'terrace experts' not good enough for us but who have gone on to better things at other clubs.

theres been lots of 'danns' over the years. Players who were deemed by many 'terrace experts' not good enough for us but who have gone on to better things at other clubs.

Today it seemingly looks like the empty seats are the experts thenodrog.

• Backroom

Why loan out Januzaj and then spend £36m on this Martial kid? Total panic buy from United.

Van Gaal has now spent almost £200m more than Moyes did, with no visible improvement on the pitch and practically the same win percentage.

The most striking thing about United is their utter lack of pace up top. I think LVG is trying to inject some pace with this Martial kid. I don't really rate Januzaj and think he'll eventually leave to either a mid-table PL team or an easier league like Seria A or La Liga.

De Gea to Real for 29 million plus a world class keeper in exchange. That's more like a deal.

This unknown kid for 36 million is madness. Out of interest why not sign Austin for 15 million? Would improve United up front.

• Backroom

Lots of Hoiletts, Sambas and Bentleys too.

De Gea to Real for 29 million plus a world class keeper in exchange. That's more like a deal.

This unknown kid for 36 million is madness. Out of interest why not sign Austin for 15 million? Would improve United up front.

Not sure about Austin at United. Agree that 36 million for a 19 year old seems risky. Shame about De Gea leaving. Enjoyed watching him play and some of his saves were top drawer.

I was staggered by the fee.

I'd expect to have heard of this kid before, but nothing resonates.

I don't really watch French football (too busy with Serie A B And the Mls) _ be interested to see if he's a rough diamond like Ronaldo was, cos the fee deserves the finished article.

The De gea deal is too good for Real for the Spanish FA not to discover a fax timed at 23.59.

Apart from that Man U spent a fortune yesterday and had a weaker squad for 15/16 at the end of the day than they started with. The Citizens must have laughed. Palace must be a decent outside bet for a CL slot now.

Anyone else find it bizarre that Victor Moses signs a new deal with Chelsea and is farmed out on loan to West Ham at the same time?

Standard practice with a club like Chelsea. If he went on a season long loan without the deal he would have a year left on his existing deal. This would mean they would command a low transfer fee. If he does well then Chelsea can demand a higher fee too. Would also be interesting to see how much he has cost clubs, with regards a loan fee. A million? 2 Maybe? Chelsea have probably recouped their initial transfer fee for the player!

I read somewhere that Chelsea have over 30 players out on loan!

That brings me to my other bugbear. The loan system is out of control and a perversion of what it was invented for.

Agreed 100%.

The likes of Scott Sinclair are a prime example of clubs buying young English talent and then not playing them. Loan them out and toss them away when their prime years are wasted.

I am glad to see Everton have kept Stones. He will develop as a player at Everton.

That brings me to my other bugbear. The loan system is out of control and a perversion of what it was invented for.

Very true. Chelsea have 29 players out on loan. From The Guardian yesterday:

Meanwhile, our man Dominic Fifield reckons they’re going to be sending out a few more players on loan, bringing their total of lent out men to 29. Victor Moses is on his way to West Ham, Jeremie Boga is off to Rennes while Nathaniel Chalobah will join Napoli.

On that last one, all the best to Chalobah, for Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri was asked what qualities his new signing would bring to the team yesterday, and he said: “I couldn’t tell you, as I don’t know anything about the player

The De gea deal is too good for Real for the Spanish FA not to discover a fax timed at 23.59.

Apart from that Man U spent a fortune yesterday and had a weaker squad for 15/16 at the end of the day than they started with. The Citizens must have laughed. Palace must be a decent outside bet for a CL slot now.

Something doesn't seem right about it.

A blind man on a galloping horse could see that DeGea was always going to go to Real yet a last minute fax ba!!s up scuttles the deal. Maybe DeGea's agent had a hand in it so they can both pocket a large slice of the transfer fee when he moves for free next summer.

Man U are so disjointed. Martial isn't going to make them any better. They are extremely pedestrian. Teams who attack with pace will cause them problems.

Archived