BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

And before Pardew went to Newcastle where would he have been on potential managers lists? I can guarantee that if you'd been asked to name 20 potential managers for the Rovers job he wouldn't have been in it. That's how far his stock had fallen. Just shows how a manager can turn it around and why I've been saying that we need to look away from the usual targets when we do finally make the decision to bring in a new manager.

Look for someone who has done well but who has fallen out of favour. Someone who has a real desire to show people that they have turned their career around.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J. Vardy leading the PL in goals right now: http://uk.soccerway.com/players/jamie-vardy/159732/

An Algerian, playing for Leicester as well is 2nd: http://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/20152016/regular-round/r31553/

It almost feels as if one is not looking at the correct table or at the correct league.

Agreed.

Rudy is 9th on that list. Players from Leicester, Stoke, Swansea, Southampton, Bournemouth and Watford above him.

You would have got good odds on that pre-season.

Another loss for Chelsea, 2-1 against Mourinho's old club Porto...

Meanwhile Arsenal continue to embarrass themselves by losing 3-2 at home to Matt Derbyshire's former employers Olympiakos :lol:

"The best League in the World". It's embarrassing. Not only is it bad for the Premier League it's bad for the national team too.

Chelsea are in a slump so it's half expected. I think Mourinho is doing it on purpose.

Arsenal have no excuses. Wenger has been inexcusably poor in the Champs League. He should hang his head in shame, but he won't. Instead he'll keep playing Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini, and Santi Cazorla in central midfield. He has the money to buy Arturo Vidal and the like but he won't.

English football is not suited to a European game. Clubs rely far too little on possession, and more on brute effort. The good teams pick that off.

Meanwhile Bayern knocked 5 past Zagreb, who hadn't lost in months.

Another loss for Chelsea, 2-1 against Mourinho's old club Porto...

Meanwhile Arsenal continue to embarrass themselves by losing 3-2 at home to Matt Derbyshire's former employers Olympiakos :lol:

That may be correct, what is amazing is that Mourinho won the Champions League with Porto if I have that right. Amazing feat.

That may be correct, what is amazing is that Mourinho won the Champions League with Porto if I have that right. Amazing feat.

it was slightly before the mega money took over completely (2004) so it was a bit easier to win with smaller teams. Ironically Mourinho going to Chelsea was when the era of big bucks really kicked off.

We will not see a club with less than outrageous spending power ever in the CL final sadly.

Athletico were the last "smaller club" in there. But they still spent huge amount.

Go back to the 90s and 80s and you had Ajax, Steau Bucharest, Red Star Belgrade etc. It's sad that it is becoming more and more a flat track race between the big clubs.

• Moderation Lead

I just hate that you can win your own domestic league, have to qualify, then be eliminated by someone that finished 4th. It's just a joke imo.

It ceases to be the Champions League in my eyes. When it was the European Cup, and there was the seperate Uefa Cup and Cup Winners' Cup, it wasn't broken and had no need of a fix!

It ceases to be the Champions League in my eyes. When it was the European Cup, and there was the seperate Uefa Cup and Cup Winners' Cup, it wasn't broken and had no need of a fix!

Oh, it's been 'fixed' alright.

I just hate that you can win your own domestic league, have to qualify, then be eliminated by someone that finished 4th. It's just a joke imo.

I was all for the amalgamation of the Uefa and Cup winners Cup, initially. I thought it would be good to have its own designated night in the schedule.

However, by the time Thursday night comes, I'm a bit uninterested, after feasting on 2 big Champions League nights.

And before Pardew went to Newcastle where would he have been on potential managers lists? I can guarantee that if you'd been asked to name 20 potential managers for the Rovers job he wouldn't have been in it. That's how far his stock had fallen. Just shows how a manager can turn it around and why I've been saying that we need to look away from the usual targets when we do finally make the decision to bring in a new manager.

Look for someone who has done well but who has fallen out of favour. Someone who has a real desire to show people that they have turned their career around.

Great shout and totally agree with this - good investigation by those doing the appointing should tell if someone's a dud or just had a bad patch. Problem for us is this requires effort which is in short supply among our higher echelons.

This. A massive gripe of mine which really peeved me off. But the flaw in your thinking is that under that system there's less protection for the big boys,

One of the things that killed the uefa cup is that the teams dropping out of the "champions" league go straight to an advanced stage.

That needs to stop. Also to re-invigorate the uefa cup, give the finalists entry to the next seasons "champions" league group stage. You'll see a few more teams take it seriously then.

• Backroom

Their best two defenders have had age catch up with them, and Mourinho's refusal or inability to strengthen his forward line is costing them big time now. The Falcao signing was a strange one and looking even stranger now.

Archived