BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to assume it'll be Klopp or Ancelotti going to Anfield. Or Big Dick B)

You have to assume it'll be Klopp or Ancelotti going to Anfield. Or Big Dick B)

It's one of your first two.

There were stories a few weeks ago saying that Liverpool had already sounded out Klopp. I think the owners moved now because of Chelsea. It looking worse at Stamford Bridge.

They probably should have canned Rodgers at the end of last season. Those two may have not been ready then though.

Liverpool will do well with either of them. Watch for a marked improvement at the back, and if the new boss can get Sturridge and Benteke playing together they'll bang goals in too.

It was also nice to see boring Man U get thumped. If only Arsenal could do it in Europe.

A couple of national newspapers are reporting that Sunderland will offer Big Sam the job. Plus give him the funds and the control over transfers that he will want.

Plus the local paper Sunderland Echo did a poll which 75% of fans wanted Sam Allardyce as the next manager

It's one of your first two.

There were stories a few weeks ago saying that Liverpool had already sounded out Klopp. I think the owners moved now because of Chelsea. It looking worse at Stamford Bridge.

They probably should have canned Rodgers at the end of last season. Those two may have not been ready then though.

Liverpool will do well with either of them.

Talks with Klopp apparently not going well, he's insisted on his assistant from Dortmund and that his brother has overall charge of player recruitment, this is the main stumbling block - Klopp's agent is quoted as " Liverpool need to recognise that they cannot hope to employ Jurgen without also giving work to Klippity............"

Still can't see Allardyce taking the Sunderland job. He could hang fire a few months and have other options from the Premier League with better teams i.e. Villa rather than jumping in to the mess at Sunderland.

If he did go there, and he is clearly the fans overwhelming favourite, I expect to see a West Ham/Rovers style attitude.

That is he will be welcomed and accepted given their predicament, will be successful in keeping them up, but then in a couple of years with mid-table obscurity the fans will start to get on his back as they are not being 'entertained' as they expect to be in the Premier League.

You would hope that Sunderland fans have learnt from their crazy managerial merry-go round.

Someone comes in, saves them from relegation, starts the next season badly, gets sacked, new guy comes in, saves them from relegation etc. etc.

Big Sam would be an absolute god send for them. Give him a couple of seasons and they will be a team who won't even have to worry about relegation.

Sunderland are in the mess they are in because of the lack of funds there and the Chairman's choices of manager there. Plus the structure there is totally wrong to attract Sam Allardyce there.

No doubt Sam Allardyce would want massive funds there to improve the squad after a some poor signings over the last 2/3 years and let him on the final say on transfers and change the structure there to suit him

so unless The Sunderland's Owner Ellis Short is prepare to change his ways and bring in a manager who can save them from relegation then they will be playing Championship football next season and he still have to play players like Johnson and Rodwell crazy wages.

Unless he does this then I can see them appointing somebody like Paul Lambert, Neil Lennon, Alex McLeish.

• Moderation Lead

Lennon won't get an offer from Sunderland, I'm fairly sure of that. All that clamour for Lennon here and he's been largely unconvincing at Bolton.

Sunderland should only look to Allardyce if they want to stay up.

• Backroom

If Sunderland do appoint Allardyce, it'll be at a pretty hefty financial cost imo. He'll want backing in the market for January, knowing how weak the current squad is, and he'll want to bring in his own backroom staff too. I imagine he'll be asking for a significant wage too, on top of a decent bonus for keeping them up.

I spoke to a Sunderland fan today who said he wanted Mick McCarthy, which I found strange considering Mick's less than impressive PL record. I honestly can't think of a realistic manager beyond Sam who could keep them up - so for me, either Short prepares to release a significant amount of funds or prepares Sunderland for the drop.

Might be a costly exercise in bringing Allardyce in but if he keeps them up, it will be money well spent.

Dropping into the championship with an over paid squad full of dross will be much more costly long term if they come down and don't go straight back up. We should know!

• Backroom

Yep, just not sure if their owner will see it that way. After the experiences of the last few seasons he should have backed Advocaat in the summer. If he doesn't make an attempt to rectify that in January it'll be tough even for Allardyce to keep that squad up.

Lennon won't get an offer from Sunderland, I'm fairly sure of that. All that clamour for Lennon here and he's been largely unconvincing at Bolton.

Sunderland should only look to Allardyce if they want to stay up.

I agree on this.

Yep, just not sure if their owner will see it that way. After the experiences of the last few seasons he should have backed Advocaat in the summer. If he doesn't make an attempt to rectify that in January it'll be tough even for Allardyce to keep that squad up.

I'm not sure their owner seen it that way either. didn't back the club in the transfer market this summer and most of this summer signings were poor.

For me, Ellis Short is to blame for the mess at Sunderland and I really fear for that club if they get relegation.

If Short has any sense he would give Big Sam everything he wants and let him get the club anyway from this mess. yes it will cost him a lot of money but it will cost a lot MORE in the championship next season

Sunderland are in the mess they are in because of the lack of funds there and the Chairman's choices of manager there. Plus the structure there is totally wrong to attract Sam Allardyce there.

No doubt Sam Allardyce would want massive funds there to improve the squad after a some poor signings over the last 2/3 years and let him on the final say on transfers and change the structure there to suit him

so unless The Sunderland's Owner Ellis Short is prepare to change his ways and bring in a manager who can save them from relegation then they will be playing Championship football next season and he still have to play players like Johnson and Rodwell crazy wages.

Unless he does this then I can see them appointing somebody like Paul Lambert, Neil Lennon, Alex McLeish.

Lack of funds???? Are you serious??

They spent £30m this year and recouped nothing. They also spent about half of that last year as well. Lens, Rodwell, fletcher, Defoe, alveraz, Johnson all bought for big money. Look at their transfer history and try to explain how they have suffered from a lack of funds.

• Moderation Lead

I think so aye, they must have seen Palace coming! :lol:

It's the complete short-termism that they have that's their undoing. I think I made this point the other day, but Steve Bruce was the last manager to see out a full season there. They get close to the drop zone, sack a manager, escape relegation, rinse, and repeat.

Lack of funds???? Are you serious??

They spent £30m this year and recouped nothing. They also spent about half of that last year as well. Lens, Rodwell, fletcher, Defoe, alveraz, Johnson all bought for big money. Look at their transfer history and try to explain how they have suffered from a lack of funds.

They sold Wickham for 10 million pounds to Palace.

Plus after last season mess they need to sign the right players but they overspent(plus wages) on Borini. Plus wages of Johnson, Rodwell was crazy.

Plus they have suffered with this Head Coach/DoF structure cos the last 3 seasons they have problems in player recruitment, disagreements between Owner, DoF and Head Coach and fighting relegation.

Overspending is quite different to your last comment about a lack of funds

I said overspent on Borini. They need a massive overhaul of the Sunderland squad during this squad and They Didnt do this and now costing them big time now. Simply wasting money on Players wages on that dont play much like Rodwell, Graham, Johnson, Brown.

Maybe they should have gone for Oscar Garcia during the summer but instead he went to Watford.

Archived