SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He'd have been gone a few games ago if not for his compensation payout, IMO. This season has been a disaster for Chelsea practically from the word go, and Mourinho has done nothing but make it worse.

£30m is an insane amount to spend on sacking a manager though, and chances are it's this alone that's keeping him in a job at the moment.

If the reputed £30m payoff is true, I don't see the point sacking him now. They're so far adrift now that I doubt a new manager could improve things dramatically, they might as well stick with Jose till the end of the season and hope he turns it around or even cracks under the pressure and walks.

Sunderland's mental weakness is astounding. A lot of these players should be nowhere near the top level of football.

They won't be for much longer. Allardyce looks bewildered on the touchline at the staggering ineptitude of some of the Sunderland players.

• Backroom

They won't be for much longer. Allardyce looks bewildered on the touchline at the staggering ineptitude of some of the Sunderland players.

Of the first eleven, I'd say Pantillimon, Brown, Jones, Coates, Yedlin, van Aanholt would struggle to get into any other PL team's first eleven - which is basically their entire defence. They've got some decent players going forward, but can only see them getting relegated unless Allardyce is allowed to replace almost every first team defender in the Jan window.

Of the first eleven, I'd say Pantillimon, Brown, Jones, Coates, Yedlin, van Aanholt would struggle to get into any other PL team's first eleven - which is basically their entire defence. They've got some decent players going forward, but can only see them getting relegated unless Allardyce is allowed to replace almost every first team defender in the Jan window.

I agree. I felt when he was appointed that it was a job too far for Allardyce and January will probably be his biggest transfer window ever.

Archived