SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

They could beat Stoke and Watford at home. If there's one thing Allardyce has always been good at it's making the home ground a fortress.

Would be surprised if they got much out of any of the other six fixtures though.

• Moderation Lead

Only a few players can get away with wearing their socks like that, Grealish isn't one of them. So that alone puts him in pillock territory. The hair just tops it off.

.http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-drop-jack-grealish-6903599

Selfies are bad enough, but in a backward cap and whilst pouting? What a gimp.

He's also been offering Van Gaal advice today on how to manage. I'm sure Van Gaal will be really worried about criticism from Paul Merson.

Van Gaal's managed successfully across Europe for 20 years whilst Merson failed at Walsall and spends his time talking rubbish on Sky Sports.

Always had a soft spot for Niko, thought he was an all round pretty decent footballer, hit woodwork 328 times and had the unenviable task of being the spearhead of a Big Sam team.

Totally unsuited at the time but has been firing them for Fiorentina this season and will no doubt have benefited from more games under his belt, would love to see him back in England

I remember him being slaughtered on MOTD for the numerous chances that he missed...against Sunderland, I think?

Nevermind that he was getting himself into goalscoring positions in the first place, Lineker & co had a right old laugh at his expense. Can't help but think they were still bitter about Croatia dumping us out of the Euro qualifiers.

Kalinic was the "Nearly Man" for us. Nearly got on the end of a cross, header missed by a whisker, great chance but hit the post etc.

Put loads of energy into it but with no real outcome.

He did run into a bit of scoring form at one point but immediately got himself red-carded and that was that.

Still, we got our money back!

His best game that I recall was K**n's first win, away at West Brom 3-1. Pretty sure he scored twice and then got sent off. Don't think he played again? He played up front with Mame Diouf I think in that game, he seemed much better to me with a strike partner.

I remember how terrible he looked when he first joined though. I cringed when I saw him walk up to take a penalty against Chelsea in that League Cup quarter final shoot-out. Really tame effort, straight at the keeper. Sometimes you can just tell when a player is going to miss.

Remember he scored a cracking goal against Spurs that was disallowed. Took it on the chest on the edge of the area then turned and smashed it in the top corner, shades of Drogba against Liverpool.

Good luck to him I say.

Always had a soft spot for Niko, thought he was an all round pretty decent footballer, hit woodwork 328 times and had the unenviable task of being the spearhead of a Big Sam team.

Totally unsuited at the time but has been firing them for Fiorentina this season and will no doubt have benefited from more games under his belt, would love to see him back in England

I agree, he'd have been good in the team that Souness developed with Duff and Dunn, Matty and Gillespie.

Archived