SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Yes. Absolutely lethal! The triumvate of Firminho, Couinho and Lallana looked fantastic. To be honest their style looked very similar to how they played under Rodgers a couple of seasons ago with Suarez, Sturridge and Stirling.

Firminho isn't a £29m player, but still useful.

Spending £32.5m on Benteke was ridiculous as well. Good in the air but his limitations on the ground are very obvious. He got put through at one point and ran like he was in quicksand, still somehow managed to get away for a shot but missed. A striker of that value should put that chance away with his eyes closed. If they wanted a big lump up top to knock the ball down they could have purchased Gestede for £26m less.

I don't really want them down as I doubt they will do a Leeds or a Wednesday. Theyll invest heavily to climb out. It will make our lives harder next year.

Owner doesn't want to invest by the looks of it, in reality they could very much do a Leeds. Totally see your point though. Got hammered today, they do have some good players but have a few out injured, Traore they signed from Barca is top class and Amavi is excellent but now out for the season. They'll definitely be scrapping down there again.

This is going to be the worst ever United side who win the league.

Looks like they are winning ugly first half of the season then buying Robben and Bale/Ronaldo to cheer up the moaning Mancs for the second half of the season. Leicester v Mancs next weekend is going to be interesting...

• Backroom

First time this season I've seen Sunderland been remotely impressed. If Allardyce can replicate the good home form he always seems to instill into his teams, Sunderland will get out of it. Hopefully at the expense of Newcastle.

If you keep clean sheets when you have someone like Defoe up top, you've always got a chance.

"Cough" or Rhodes.

Good result for Sam, in addition to his many other qualities I've always thought he's a fairly lucky manager, a stroke of good fortune often happens to his sides to set them on their way as happened tonight.

Better that way than being a manager whose teams don't seem to enjoy the best of fortune like Bowyer.

"Cough" or Rhodes.

Good result for Sam, in addition to his many other qualities I've always thought he's a fairly lucky manager, a stroke of good fortune often happens to his sides to set them on their way as happened tonight.

Better that way than being a manager whose teams don't seem to enjoy the best of fortune like Bowyer.

"Cough" or Rhodes.

Rhodes plays for Blackburn rovers..

Never cared for him though I know many rated him.he always had the air of everybody to blame but him. There was one particular occasion Birmingham I think or maybe Peterborough at home where he crucified poor old Eastwood. Not very clever or impressive. So in a bitter and twisted way I enjoyed his poor poor defending there.Ha!

He was trying to blame the Palace goalie tonight too...

"Cough" or Rhodes.

I don't buy luck as being a consistent factor. If it happens repeatedly then by definition it's not luck, there's something else going on.

Don't know if you'be ever heard Al Pacino's "every inch" dressing room speech in Any Given Sunday. That for me is the reason for Big Sam's "luck". More often than not every single one of his players, from the top wage earner to the youth player making his debut, fights tooth and nail for everything.

So average defenders bust a gut to make heroic, "lucky" blocks by inches. And strikers bust a gut to make opportunistic, "lucky" toe pokes by inches.

If you do 95% of a job, fortune can complete it. If you do 50% of a job and get 5% luck it makes no difference. That's why good managers look lucky more often than average ones in my opinion.

I'd swap him for Lambert right now. Sorry if that upsets anyone, but that's my feeling. Should never have left rovers.

Each to there own I would rather have Lambert. I think it will be a more passionate and exciting ride with him, personally I did not like watching Sam's team. I got a bit hacked off with paying full prices, away from home to see a half price effort put in by the team.

I don't buy luck as being a consistent factor. If it happens repeatedly then by definition it's not luck, there's something else going on.

Don't know if you'be ever heard Al Pacino's "every inch" dressing room speech in Any Given Sunday. That for me is the reason for Big Sam's "luck". More often than not every single one of his players, from the top wage earner to the youth player making his debut, fights tooth and nail for everything.

So average defenders bust a gut to make heroic, "lucky" blocks by inches. And strikers bust a gut to make opportunistic, "lucky" toe pokes by inches.

If you do 95% of a job, fortune can complete it. If you do 50% of a job and get 5% luck it makes no difference. That's why good managers look lucky more often than average ones in my opinion.

Yes. No coincidence that the like of samba and Nelsen never looked as good as they did at rovers at QPR and spurs respectively.

Undoubtedly. As Gary Player always said, "The harder I practice, the luckier I get."

I'd swap him for Lambert right now. Sorry if that upsets anyone, but that's my feeling. Should never have left rovers.

Not sure if Sam isn't too rooted in a survival mindset of prioritising games and grinding out 50 points these days. I think I'd favour Lambert to get us promoted and Sam to keep us up if we did make it there.

Bit like complaining about the difference between a Rolls Royce and a Bentley after trading in your Ford Fiesta though.

Out of curiosity, would you rather finish 10th in the Premiership under Bilic or 10th under Allardyce with the differing football styles that entails?

Archived