SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Swansea fans are in for a treat there, then. It won't be what they're used to, to say the least, but maybe they need a change in style. Whatever Monk is doing now isn't working at all.

Sunday Mirror are reporting that Moyes will take over as Swansea manager

I thought Seansea had a particular philosophy about the football that they want to play and recruit managers accordingly? Moyes would be a complete change in the club ethos that has made them so successful. Throwing out the baby with bath water springs to mind.

May I just say.........hahahaha! at Chelsea? 1st time round, Jose was quite tongue in cheek like Brian Clough. Now he believes his own hype and has been a rude, arrogant, delusional lunatic for a few years.

Plus he finds himself in a position that Arsene Wenger has never been in.

It's tabloid guesswork most likely. Still, all this talk of Swansea having a 'philosophy' is fairly laughable, going on as if they're Real Madrid!!

Unusually patronising from you.

And wrong, it's actually Barcelona. http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/17/2911906/neil-taylor-swansea-city-have-mimicked-barcelonas-philosophy

• Moderation Lead
If you think I was patronising then I can only advise that wasn't my intention! In any event, I don't think they've the right to have such a philosophy! It should be a case of survival first, like any team in the league bar those at the very top! It's important not to have delusions of grandeur about a playing style, as Rovers fans should know all too well!

If you think I was patronising then I can only advise that wasn't my intention! In any event, I don't think they've the right to have such a philosophy! It should be a case of survival first, like any team in the league bar those at the very top! It's important not to have delusions of grandeur about a playing style, as Rovers fans should know all too well!

It wasn't all that long ago that we Rovers fans were lauding the refreshing "Swansea model". Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup. Then they went for a complete novice in Monk. Presumably because the powers that be thought that their philosophy negated the need for an experienced man-manager. When will clubs learn?

Saying that, Monk is only one point behind Mourinho right now. ^_^

• Backroom

West Ham are the worst with their "West Ham Way" BS. I appreciate their current style of football under Bilic but that's hardly been the norm over the past 20+ years. At least when United fans moan about LVG's style of play they can point to recent times when they were successful playing good football (as can Swansea) - West Ham have no recent history to suggest the West Ham Way is anything but a historical artifact.

West Ham are the worst with their "West Ham Way" BS. I appreciate their current style of football under Bilic but that's hardly been the norm over the past 20+ years. At least when United fans moan about LVG's style of play they can point to recent times when they were successful playing good football (as can Swansea) - West Ham have no recent history to suggest the West Ham Way is anything but a historical artifact.

That, and the " West Ham won the World Cup in '66" guff make them the most deluded supporters going. Its something to do with playing in Claret & Blue, that degrades the intellect.

Wham were horrible under Lou Macari.

It wasn't all that long ago that we Rovers fans were lauding the refreshing "Swansea model". Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup. Then they went for a complete novice in Monk. Presumably because the powers that be thought that their philosophy negated the need for an experienced man-manager. When will clubs learn?

Saying that, Monk is only one point behind Mourinho right now. ^_^

Was thinking the same thing. I've held up Swansea several times as an example of where we could be and how to get there. Its still valid though.

It simplyshows once again that the smaller clubs are always on the edge,only one mistake away from stuffing it all up. Leicester, for example, could lose Vardy and have their manager poached. It would then be all about how they responded and they couldn't respond worse than ourselves.

Very few clubs, if any, have thrown it away as spectacularly as we did. Still, lets hope we have just started on the road back.

• Backroom

Very few clubs, if any, have thrown it away as spectacularly as we did. Still, lets hope we have just started on the road back.

Charlton are one club that springs to mind. Thought they could do better than Curbishley, soon found themselves consigned to Championship/League One oblivion.

Yeah but with the money spent he shouldn't have an average side. So for me, he does lack the motivational skills required at that level, but he's also blown a lot of money on a lot of nothing.

Having said that, Martial looks like he will be quality but Rooney should have been shipped out a long time ago.

Sad united are out, want all English teams to do well, just seems van gaal doesn't have the motivational power to get the best out of an average side.

I love a normal club to do well, I'll be behind Leicester all the way next season, like I was for Fulham and Boro, reminds me of our days round Europe.

But the United's of this world just hoovering up another load of Champions League cash? Err no thanks!

Archived